Rate this topic

Guest guest

All,

Can you tell me who are called sathatha srivaishnava? I am not aware

of this classification.

Regards,

Shriram

Hi,

Sathatha or sathada srivaishana's are followers of Sri Ramanujam. Those don't wear 'Poonul' but they are belongs to sri vaishnavas. Sathada means not wearing in Tamil, because some of them have taken a decision not to wear 'Poonul' (means white thread wear across the chest) after a fight between vaishnavas.

Sathatha sri vaishnavas are spread all over south India. Some of them are still working as a priest in vaishnava temple.

Their main duty in ancient period is to perform puja and flower decoration in vaishana temples.

hi,

You are wrong, there is no evidence says fight between sri vaishnavas. some of the vaishnavas not wearing white thread. Those who not wearing the thread are called Sathatha sri vaishnavas(may be this has some meaning). But in sathatha srivaishnavas are working as a priest in most of the temples and their spoken language is Telugu.

Of course what you said is correct they live in south India(Tamil nadu, Andrapradesh and Karnataka).

:deal:

Hi,

yes there is an evidence that differ between tenkalai vaishnavas(who recite tamil vedas which was wrote by twelve azhwars) and vadakalai vaishnavas(Who recite samkrita vedas) also Saivas at the time of 2nd Chola King Mr.Kulasekhara. He warned all the Tenkalai batch at the time Ramanuja Charya and he has sent one of our priest to compramise but he hasn,t. Then all of us spread through out south from Tamilnadu (Tamilnadu, AP and Karnataka). In 12th century talapathras, Swami Ramanujacaharya said we are all vaishnavas and we should always be vaishnavas (that is called Sethada). Then it converted like sathathas and there is only a specified meaning for sethada is that always be. And when ever we starts feeding houses(Ramanuja Mattas) in the commencements of Sri Ramanujacharya we are going to start build up a specified community and differs from brahimism. Still most of the people even me wore sacred thread thats it from my side.