IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

Bush - want cheap gas? move to Iraq!

Rate this topic

"There seems to be plenty of gasoline and oil. There are no long lines of people waiting at the pumps and no rationing. Nevertheless, the cost of gasoline has gone sky high.

I don't get it.

And then in Iraq: And then to compound my confusion, I read a story in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette last week, about the cost of gasoline in -- take a guess -- Iraq.

"Gasoline apparently costs a lot less in Baghdad than it does in the United States. While the current average U.S. price per gallon hovers around $2.50; in Baghdad, it's 8 cents a gallon," according to the Post-Gazette.

How can that be? you might wonder. I wonder, too. So here it is:

"That dirt-cheap price is because the United States subsidizes the price of gas in Iraq."

Ouch!

It's not bad enough that we're still over there being shot at and bombed by a segment of the Iraqi population that preferred life under Saddam Hussein. It's not bad enough that our economy in the United States is being pinched by

the cost of maintaining a fighting force in Iraq. It's not bad enough that Americans are losing their lives in Iraq almost every week, if not every day.

Now we learn that we're paying $2.50 a gallon for gas, while the Iraqis are paying a paltry 8 cents a gallon. Why? Because the taxes we're paying on our hard-earned dollars are being used to reduce the cost of gasoline for Iraqis."

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/viewpoints/hicks/ci_2983301

"There seems to be plenty of gasoline and oil. There are no long lines of people waiting at the pumps and no rationing. Nevertheless, the cost of gasoline has gone sky high.

I don't get it.

And then in Iraq: And then to compound my confusion, I read a story in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette last week, about the cost of gasoline in -- take a guess -- Iraq.

"Gasoline apparently costs a lot less in Baghdad than it does in the United States. While the current average U.S. price per gallon hovers around $2.50; in Baghdad, it's 8 cents a gallon," according to the Post-Gazette.

How can that be? you might wonder. I wonder, too. So here it is:

"That dirt-cheap price is because the United States subsidizes the price of gas in Iraq."

Ouch!

It's not bad enough that we're still over there being shot at and bombed by a segment of the Iraqi population that preferred life under Saddam Hussein. It's not bad enough that our economy in the United States is being pinched by

the cost of maintaining a fighting force in Iraq. It's not bad enough that Americans are losing their lives in Iraq almost every week, if not every day.

Now we learn that we're paying $2.50 a gallon for gas, while the Iraqis are paying a paltry 8 cents a gallon. Why? Because the taxes we're paying on our hard-earned dollars are being used to reduce the cost of gasoline for Iraqis."

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/viewpoints/hicks/ci_2983301

This policy is a good one - it builds confidence in the Iraqi people - that the U.S. isn't trying to profit by selling Iraqi oil to Iraqis. It also takes into account the fact that there is less ability to pay for the common person in Iraq - so this is helping them too.

I still say that the other oil rich Arab nations should reduce and CAP the profit margin on their oil as long as this conflict is outstanding - we cannot have this needed global war on terror destabilize economies...

BDM

In order to pay for the war in Iraq and keep the subsidized price of gas in Iraq at 8 cents a gallon (they smuggle avery large portion of that gasoline out of Iraq to make huge profits) US government is cutting many domestic programs to help the poor. For example, they have cut a federal program that paid for school lunches for the poorest kids. It affected our local county as well (poor rural county in NC), and many very poor kids no longer get to eat their small free lunch in our schools... way to go Mr. Bush!:(

And the current interest on the 8.4 trillion dolar national debt is 194 billion dollars this year! Thanks again Mr. Bush!

http://www.federalbudget.com/

and thank you, all the kooks who support him! :eek3:

and btw. check out the record profits of the oil industry and companies in the industrial military complex (like Halliburton) that own US government...

In order to pay for the war in Iraq and keep the subsidized price of gas in Iraq at 8 cents a gallon (they smuggle avery large portion of that gasoline out of Iraq to make huge profits) US government is cutting many domestic programs to help the poor. For example, they have cut a federal program that paid for school lunches for the poorest kids. It affected our local county as well (poor rural county in NC), and many very poor kids no longer get to eat their small free lunch in our schools... way to go Mr. Bush!:(

And the current interest on the 8.4 trillion dolar national debt is 194 billion dollars this year! Thanks again Mr. Bush!

http://www.federalbudget.com/

and thank you, all the kooks who support him! :eek3:

and btw. check out the record profits of the oil industry and companies in the industrial military complex (like Halliburton) that own US government...

Oh well....

Guest guest

Oh well....

what a caring post of a Canadian Jew who likes to see other people's money and lives expended for the benefit of his pet project: the state of Israel...