Harsha

f. maiello [egodust]

Wednesday, May 17, 2000 1:18 AM

advaitin

Re: What is Advaita?

most prominent among these are the advaitic classics

such as ashtavakra gita, ribhu gita, tripura rahasya,

advaita bodha deepika, vasistha yoga, ulladu narpadu,

and others. and in sages sri ramana, osho and lao tzu.

(osho, *before 1979*, not after...since his reasoning

was unfortunately mutated by chronic fatigue syndrome

coupled wih an inadvertant abuse of valium.)

Actually,Osho never suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.This idea is completely untrue and was dreamt up by Chris Calder,a former disgruntled disciple of Osho.I have had chronic fatigue syndrome and Osho`s symptoms,(which Calder suggests are those of chronic fatigue syndrome)were actually much more severe,and that he suffered with after 1986,until his death in 1990,not 1979.The symptoms he suffered with did include chronic fatigue but also others which are not present in this condition such as hair loss,syncopal attacks(that means falling over),bone pain and a severe churning in the stomach.These symptoms,which by the way were diagnosed by some of the best doctors in th world,are all symptoms of some kind of poisoning,which actually eventually killed Osho(or his body).Also this story of heavy valium use also comes from Calder and has not been verified by anyone else.It seems to me,very unlikely that he would be taking valium every day,and if he was,it could have only been for his back pain,as he certainly did not have any anxiety which is what valium is usually pescribed for.Also,some of his best discourses can also be found in the eighties!(But then I guess it depends what you are into.)

Love,Bhagwan

Yeah,coming back to the subject of Osho`s earlier discourses,I also enjoyed reading Vigyana Bhairav Tantra,the book of the secrets where Osho goes into depth into all of Shiva`s sutras,and other talks on the Upanishads were also beautifull,especially The Ultimate Alchemy,on the Atma Pooja upanishad.Also In Search of the Miraculous,where Osho talks in depth about the seven bodies,and the differenty stages of enlightenment is also beautifull.I could never agree with absolutely everything he sais but his books are always interesting.