IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

where is god

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i am an atheist....but i would like to know bout this god that is mentioned so much in this site..can u tell me bout the hinduism god?? i heard there are many gods in hinduism...plz explain further

thank you

Guest guest

i am an atheist....but i would like to know bout this god that is mentioned so much in this site..can u tell me bout the hinduism god?? i heard there are many gods in hinduism...plz explain further

thank you

Hinduism has a place for the atheist (at heart, not in voice) as well, for in our religion it is the pursuit of Truth and abidance to the path of righteousness (Dharma) that marks the religious person and not particular profession of belief systems. Of course, we have entire philosophical systems dealing with the universe and "God" founded by our past Rishis (sages), but if you search, you will keep finding the echo: Don't believe but find the truth yourself. "Religion is realization ... all else are secondary details" to approx quote one of our recent saints.

There are several philosophical streams in Hinduism; so a fixed answer is not possible to your question. Let me give you a flavour of one of the many.

In this philosophy, the universe and all that exists today was in its primordial and ancient state: non-dual and absolute. Non-dual means that there were no I and Thou, red and black, matter and energy kind of distinction that we could possibly refer to then. Absolute means that the notion of relativity: time, space and causation were also lacking. However the Reality existed (for Hinduism does not believe in something out of nothing) without any objective means of reference: this non-dual and absolute Being is called Brahman (God if you will).

When this state is referred to, Brahman is said to be Nirguna or without character.

However it may be easier to understand this state as similar to your own experience of deep sleep. In that state, all duality and causality has vanished and the Reality of your Self remains (as you will refer to when awake). As Brahman has no objective standpoint apart from It, this primordial sleep state is complete and Nirguna.

When this Brahman awakes as it were, it attains to its Saguna (with character) state possessed of duality and relativity. This in short is called Creation by some.

By others, the point is raised that Brahman cannot be subject to a connotation of Nirguna and followed up with Saguna, for they are practically antonyms for one Reality. So they say that God is One; whatever appears does so in Him. The duality of name and form are due to superimposition and are only apparent. When God is seen (the non-dual aspect ), the world (the dual limitation) disappears or is understood as a subordinate reality. When the world appears as truth, the non-dual Truth appears illusory.

So to realize God means to lift our minds from fleeting aspects of existence and see the Oneness behind it all. Recall the I and Thou are absent in the primordial state: well then, it is absent here and now, and what makes them appear so real is called Maya or the Play of God. From the ant to the human being, the sun to the atom, all are reflections or appearances of the One God. The person who realizes this Brahman no longer has selfish inclinations; he/she transcends he/she and becomes free of lust. Such a person we refer to as saint and worship as God Himself, for though still part of the Play, the saint recognizes the limited ego as but a channel of expression for God and know that the true Self is One. This realization of God is the Goal of life, for it is to realize the truth of our own Self.

This in short is the philosophy of Advaita Vedanta (as I understand it). There are others differing from this in some points and accepting in others. However as I stated before that Hinduism is truly a religion for those who seek this sainthood themselves, and once on the path, it does not so much matter which philosophy you officially follow as your earnestness in the pursuit of Truth.

Atheism is NOT about finding truth, it is Self-Denial. That is what I learn dealing with Atheists in one of their forums.

They do not want to learn anything, they just want to deny anything which you could want to believe in their own foolish notions.

Atheists are waste of human existence. Frankly speaking, I like to suggest everyone goes on with their own business and ignore this wasteful lifeforms to their sorry ends. Good day.:rolleyes:

Guest guest

everything that exists, throughout the universe, including the universe itself is god.

god is that plus that which does not exist, cannot exist and/or exists elsewhere.

asking where is god is like a tiger that roams through the jungle and hears other animals talking about a ferocious tiger in the area and the tiger looks around asking "where is it, where is the tiger?"

Can you find the source of this perfectly structured universe? Logically speaking everything needs to have a source. If you are convinced with this you can look out for the hindu God.

Guest guest

"i am an atheist....but i would like to know bout this god that is mentioned so much in this site..can u tell me bout the hinduism god?? i heard there are many gods in hinduism...plz explain further

thank you"

the 'hinduism god' is not thought of by hindu's to be just another type of god. hindu's regard all metaphysical, ethereal, cosmic and all forms of energy as a manifestation of gods creation. God is the source of all life, living, deceased, that which is to come, that which has passed. hindu's believe there are different spiritual abodes where spiritual beings and gods do exist, howevere there is a difference between gods and brahman. gods are higher supernatural beings, and are therefore recognised in hinduism by their mythological / worldly representations or counterparts. they are regarded by hindu's to be real beings and bestow gifts to those who worship them.

brahman itself is the source of everything and some hindus who recognise a particular deity as the Supreme, will think of that particular deity as brahman. brahman is vastly different to the gods from the spiritual abodes - since even they must worship and revere their own source. there are primordial demigods who are spiritual beings responsible for the operation of the cosmos, for its creation maintenance and renewal. but brahman is their source. read up more information in the gita to understand. brahman is regarded by some as a living being, by others as an ultimate and unlimited storehouse of all conscious and divine will.

this is not all speculation and for many saints and sages, comes from real experience of the divine and unknown. it is easy to speculate as an aetheist, however if an aetheist is shown relevant 'proofs' then they can be made to understand. we are all on the same boat here, so why deny knowledge to anyone? whether you swallow it is your own choice.

Guest guest

Atheism is NOT about finding truth, it is Self-Denial. That is what I learn dealing with Atheists in one of their forums.

They do not want to learn anything, they just want to deny anything which you could want to believe in their own foolish notions.

Atheists are waste of human existence. Frankly speaking, I like to suggest everyone goes on with their own business and ignore this wasteful lifeforms to their sorry ends. Good day.:rolleyes:

interesting post...your definition of aetheism is odd...self denial's quite strong, i mean its not like you're a psychologist or anything. besides, there are 101 'foolish notions' inherent in religion itself. how can you sort the truth from fiction? theres nothing to say that being an aetheist amidst corrupt forms of religion is a bad thing. an aetheist can be a person who hasnt had the benefit of knowing what a religously inclined person knows. it is also better to be an aetheist then to follow misguided religion - this shows a fault in religion, not in the aetheist. so why blame the aetheist if the majority of the populance cannot teach correct spiritual truth?

Guest guest

interesting post...your definition of aetheism is odd...self denial's quite strong, i mean its not like you're a psychologist or anything. besides, there are 101 'foolish notions' inherent in religion itself. how can you sort the truth from fiction? theres nothing to say that being an aetheist amidst corrupt forms of religion is a bad thing. an aetheist can be a person who hasnt had the benefit of knowing what a religously inclined person knows. it is also better to be an aetheist then to follow misguided religion - this shows a fault in religion, not in the aetheist. so why blame the aetheist if the majority of the populance cannot teach correct spiritual truth?

Perhaps "agnostic" would be a better definition of what you speak. It is one thing to declare: "I do not know the Truth", and entirely another to become an atheist and boldly state that "there is no god, higher power, or soul". One is based in honest ignorance, another is based in a rigid belief system of denial.

Guest guest

Perhaps "agnostic" would be a better definition of what you speak. It is one thing to declare: "I do not know the Truth", and entirely another to become an atheist and boldly state that "there is no god, higher power, or soul". One is based in honest ignorance, another is based in a rigid belief system of denial.

By your logic, if agnostism is "honest ignorance", then theism like atheism is likewise a rigid belief system. How is that any good?

In other words, by your logic, non-belief in santa claus is a rigid belief system of denial while someone saying he is not sure of the existence of santa claus is honestly ignorant.

Cheers

Guest guest

By your logic, if agnostism is "honest ignorance", then theism like atheism is likewise a rigid belief system. How is that any good?

In other words, by your logic, non-belief in santa claus is a rigid belief system of denial while someone saying he is not sure of the existence of santa claus is honestly ignorant.

Cheers

Hey Shiv, are you a lawyer? ;)

I know you like to cleverly show people the error of their logic/conclusions. And I can appreciate that in debate and discussion. But I think everyone knows the difference between agnosticism, atheism, theism and children's fairy tales.

We are not talking about children's fairy tales, like those of Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy; we are speaking of the existence of a Higher Power/Spiritual Realm, which is indeed very logical and has been accepted by the most intelligent class of men.. Not even Einstein was an atheist.

The modern atheists are just hardheads. At least the agnostic is honest enough to admit they are unsure about who/what is right. But an atheist has the arrogance to declare that there is no higher power(s)/spiritual world, as if they can be 100% sure this material world is all there is. Even though there is vast evidence of a spiritual world, and spiritual experiences, they will deny these facts, no matter how much evidence is presented. They box themselves into a rigid belief system of unbelief.

The true spiritual seeker does not base his belief in the reality of a spiritual world on some naive, blind faith, like a child believing in Santa Claus. But rather he seeks direct experience and understanding; he seeks spiritual awareness thru experience. If an atheist would likewise become a true seeker, they'd be amazed at what they discover and experience. But most are too caught up in the closed-walls of their mind's denial, that they refuse to honestly explore these areas.

Guest guest

okay, so ur an atheist. thats good. there is something called finding God without faith. and that is called knowledge of god, not belief of god.

so if u dont want to beleive in god. than thats good. i like you.

if u want to KNOW god, than thats freaking awesome. i like you even better.

there is something called upanisads. in it is way to KNOW god thru experience. not just beleive.

there is something called vedanta. it is about destroying belief and turning it into truth. it relies on experiencal verification of god.

i think someone like you would like that very much.

well, i hope i have begun ur quest to exprience god.

have fun and dont fall prey to belief.

only then will you find out the secret of Atman and Brahman..