IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ansnyder85

Good books?

Rate this topic

I am looking for a book or books that will explain to me in detail all I need to know about Hinduism and how to "become" Hindu. I have fallen in love with this religion and what to know everything about it. So if any of you have any recommendations on a good book or books I would love to hear your comments.

Guest guest

Bansi Pandit and David Frawley's books are goog as are Swami Vivekananda's.

The essentials of Hinduism by Swami Bhaskarananda. Hindu culture by Swami Tejomayananda.

A very good book on all aspects of Hinduism and how it is all releted is Bandi Pandit's 'The Hindu Mind'. He also wrote another book called the Hindu Dharma, where you can read online here.

hindubooks.org/bansi_pandit/hindu_dharma

There are a few online books to be read here, see side panel on left and click on the book of interest.

hindunet.org/introduction

almost all swami prabupadas books are in html or text or pfd, all free online also if your good at finding them not that they are hard to find but still a fast connection helps. or get a ton of them from : Library of vedic culture CD-ROM

By His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada The Library of Vedic Culture is a CD-ROM presentation of all the timeless classics of spiritual knowledge translated and explained by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, including the Bhagavad Gita; Srimad Bhagavatam; Caitanya-caritamrita, and others. It also includes samples of transcendentally exquisite paintings, and spiritual music that transport the soul to the Vaikuntha realm. here is the list of book on the cd.

Bhagavad-Gita As It Is, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Caitanya-Caritamrta, Teachings of Lord Caitanya, The Nectar of Devotion, The Nectar of Instruction, Easy Journey to Other Planets, Civilization and Transcendence, Krishna Consciousness: The Topmost Yoga System, Krsna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers, Teachings of Lord Kapila, the Son of Devahuti, Teachings of Queen Kunti, Krsna, the Reservoir of Pleasure, The Science of Self-Realization, Path of Perfection, Life Comes from Life, The Perfection of Yoga, Beyond Birth and Death, On the Way to Krsna, Renunciation Through Wisdom, Raja-Vidya: The King of Knowledge, Elevation to Krsna Consciousness, Krsna Consciousness, The Matchless Gift, Message of Godhead, Light of the Bhagavata, Sri Isopanisad, Journey of Self-Discovery, Laws of Nature: An Infallible Justice, Transcendental Teachings of Prahlada Maharaja, A Second Chance, Mukunda-mala-stotra, Narada-bhakti-sutra, Dharma: The Way of Transcendence, Quest for Enlightenment, Gitar Gana.

Guest guest

the Yoga Vasistha is probably the BEST BOOK OUT THERE EVER!!!!!!!

THIS BOOK IS THE GREATEST!!! IT IS PURE GENIUS!!! IT IS A WORK OF ART!!! SO WONDERFUL!!!!! ANYONE WHO READS IT WILL IMMEDIATLY PROGRESS SPIRITUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!