whenever He is required to come. But if He comes once

then how can He come again? Since it is already

mentioned in Sastras He comes.

I just don't get it.

Letter to: Surasrestha,

--

Los Angeles

14 June, 1972

In answer to your questions, the red incarnation who appeared in the Treta-yuga is Yajnapati.

Lord Mohammed is accepted by us as Saktyavesa Avatar, but we do not recognize the Bahai faith.

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu appears once in the day of Brahma or whenever He is required to come.

Your ever well wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami__

This is a serious question.

Bhagavad-gita As It IS 4.2

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion-at that time I descend Myself.

Bhagavad-gita As It IS 4.3

In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.

Bhagavad-gita As It IS 4.4

One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.

In this chapter it says Krishna comes, but also that He comes in millennium after millennium. And that one who knows doesn't return here. Prabhupada says in the above quote that 'whenever He is required to come'. Here Krishna clearly says He comes millennium after millennium. So Krishna is required /images/graemlins/grin.gif To come like this.

It is also mentioned when He comes, once in day of Brahma. But then some say, Krishna can come at any time. And Krishna is not required to uphold to this.

There has been many pastimes when Krishna appeared such as to Madhavendra Puri, krishna appeared to Madhavendra Puri as Gopala the cowherd boy of Vraj!.

So the evidence does point to the fact Krishna only appears once in day of Brahma. But can appear anytime to His devotees like the example above.

Otherwise if that were not so, then the Sastric statements that krishna appears once in day of Brahma would be wrong.

I had to rack my brain so much for this. Gaura haribol.