IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Narasimha-kavacha, formerly spoken by Prahlada Maharaja from the Brahmanda Purana

Rate this topic

Sri Nrisimha Kavacha of Prahlad from

shri nrisinhakavachastotram ..

nrisinhakavacham vakshye

prahlaadenoditam puraa

sarvarakshakaram punyam

sarvopadravanaashanamah ..

1. I shall now recite the Narasimha-kavacha, formerly spoken by Prahlada Maharaja. It is most pious, vanquishes all kinds of impediments, and provides one all protection.

sampatkaram chaiva

svargamokshapradaayakamah .

dhyaatvaa nrisinham devesham

hemasinhaasanasthitamah ..

2. It bestows upon one all opulences and can give one elevation to the heavenly planets or liberation. One should meditate on Lord Narasimha, Lord of the universe, seated upon a golden throne.

trinayanam

sharadindusamaprabhamah .

lakshmyaalin gitavaamaanagamah

vibhuutibhirupaashritamah ..

3. His mouth is wide open, He has three eyes, and He is as radiant as the autumn moon. He is embraced by Lakshmi devi on his left side, and His form is the shelter of all opulences, both material and spiritual.

chaturbhujam komalaanagam

svarnakundalashobhitamah .

sarojashobitoraskam

ratnakeyuuramudritamah ..

4. The Lord has four arms, and His limbs are very soft. He is decorated with golden earrings. His chest is resplendent like the lotus flower, and His arms are decorated with jewel-studded ornaments.

kaajnchanasankaasham

piitanirmalavaasasamah .

indraadisuramaulishhthah

sphuranmaanikyadiiptibhih ..

5. He is dressed in a spotless yellow garment, which exactly resembles molten gold. He is the original cause of existence, beyond the mundane sphere, for the great demigods headed by Indra. He appears bedecked with rubies which are blazingly effulgent.

virajitapadadvandvamah

sankhachakradihetibhih .

garutmatma cha vinayatah

stuyamanamh mudanvitam.h ..

6. His two feet are very attractive, and He is armed with various weapons such as the conch, disc, etc. GaruDa joyfully offers prayers with great reverence.

kamalasamvaasam

kritvaa tu kavacham pathet.h ..

7. Having seated Lord Narasimhadeva upon the lotus of one's heart, one should recite the following mantra:

me shirah paatu

lokarakshaarthasambhavah ..

8. May Lord Narasimha, who protects all the planetary systems, protect my head.

api stambhavaasah

phalam me rakshatu dhvanim.h .

nrisinho me drishau paatu

somasuuryaagnilochanah ..

9. Although the Lord is all-pervading, He hid Himself within a pillar. May He protect my speech and the results of my activities. May Lord Narasimha, whose eyes are the sun, and fire, protect my eyes.

paatu nriharih

munivaaryastutipriyah .

naasam me sinhanaashastu

mukham lakshmiimukhapriyah ..

10. May Lord Nrihari, who is pleased by the prayers offered by the best of sages, protect my memory. May He who has the nose of a lion protect my nose, and may He whose face is very dear to the goddess of fortune protect my mouth.

vidyaadhipah paatu

nrisinho rasanam mama .

vaktram paatvinduvadanam

sadaa prahlaadavanditah ..

11. May Lord Narasimha, who is the knower of all sciences, protect my sense of taste. May He whose face is beautiful as the full moon and who is offered prayers by Prahlaada Mahaaraaja protect my face.

paatu me kantham

skandhau bhuubhridanantakrit.h .

divyaastrashobhitabhujah

nrisi.nhah paatu me bhujau ..

12. May Lord Narasimha protect my throat. He is the sustainer of the earth and the performer of unlimitedly wonderful activities. May He protect my shoulders. His arms are resplendent with transcendental weapons. May He protect my shoulders.

devavarado

nrisinhah paatu sarvatah .

hridayam yogisaadhyashcha

nivaasam paatu me harih ..

13. May the Lord, who bestows benedictions upon the demigods, protect my hands, and may He protect me from all sides. May He who is achieved by the perfect yogis protect my heart, and may Lord Hari protect my dwelling place.

paatu hiranyaaksha

vakshahkukshividaaranah .

naabhim me paatu nriharih

svanaabhibrahmasanstutah ..

14. May He who ripped apart the chest and abdomen of the great demon HiraNyaaksha protect my waist, and may Lord Nrihari protect my navel. He is offered prayers by Lord Brahmaa, who has sprung from his own navel.

kotayah katyaam

yasyaasau paatu me katimah .

guhyam me paatu guhyaanaam

mantraanaam guhyaruupadrikah ..

15. May He on whose hips rest all the universes protect my hips. May the Lord protect my private parts. He is the knower of all mantras and all mysteries, but He Himself is not visible.

manobhavah paatu

jaanunii nararuupadrikah .

janghe paatu dharaabhara hartaa yo.asau nrikesharii ..

16. May He who is the original Cupid protect my thighs. May He who exhibits a human-like form protect my knees. May the remover of the burden of the earth, who appears in a form which is half-man and half-lion, protect my calves.

raajyapradah paatu

paadau me nrihariishvarah .

sahasrashiirshhaapurushhah

paatu me sarvashastanumah ..

17. May the bestower of heavenly opulence protect my feet. He is the Supreme Controller in the form of a man and lion combined. May the thousand-headed Supreme enjoyer protect my body from all sides and in all respects.

puurvatah paatu

mahaaviiraagrajo.agnitah .

mahaavishhnurdakshine tu

mahaajvalastu nairritah ..

18. May that most ferocious personality protect me from the east. May He who is superior to the greatest heroes protect me from the southeast, which is presided over by Agni. May the Supreme Vishnu protect me from the south, and may that person of blazing luster protect me from the southwest.

paatu sarvesho

dishi me sarvatomukhah .

nrisi.nhah paatu vaayavyaam

saumyaam bhuushhanavigrahah ..

19. May the Lord of everything protect me from the west. His faces are everywhere, so please may He protect me from this direction. May Lord Narasimha protect me from the northwest, which is predominated by Vaayu, and may He whose form is in itself the supreme ornament protect me from the north, where Soma resides.

paatu bhadro me

sarvamangaladaayakah .

sa.nsaarabhayatah paatu

mrityorh mrityurh nrikesharii ..

20. May the all-auspicious Lord, who Himself bestows all-auspiciousness, protect from the northeast, the direction of the sun-god, and may He who is death personified protect me from fear of death and rotation in this material world.

nrisinhakavacham

prahlaadamukhamanditamah .

bhaktimaanh yah pathenaityam

sarvapaapaih pramuchyate ..

21. This Narasimha-kavacha has been ornamented by issuing from the mouth of Prahlaada Mahaaraaja. A devotee who reads this becomes freed from all sins.

dhanavaanh loke

diirghaayurupajaayate .

kaamayate yam yam kaamam

tam tam praapnotyasanshayamah ..

22. Whatever one desires in this world he can attain without doubt. One can have wealth, many sons, and a long life.

jayamaapnoti

sarvatra vijayii bhavetah .

bhuumyantariikshadivyaanaam

grahaanaam vinivaaranamah ..

23. He becomes victorious who desires victory, and indeed becomes a conqueror. He wards off the influence of all planets, earthly, heavenly, and everything in between.

vrishchikoragasambhuuta

vishhaapaharanam paramah .

brahmaraakshasayakshaanaam

duurotsaaranakaaranamah ..

24. This is the supreme remedy for the poisonous effects of serpents and scorpions, and Brahma-raakshasa ghosts and Yakshas are driven away.

talapaatre vaa

kavacham likhitam shubhamah .

karamuule dhritam yena

sidhyeyuh karmasiddhayah ..

25. One may write this most auspicious prayer on his arm, or inscribe it on a palm-leaf and attach it to his wrist, and all his activities will become perfect.

manushhyeshhu

svam svameva jayam labhet.h .

ekasandhyam trisandhyam vaa

yah pathenniyato narah ..

26. One who regularly chants this prayer, whether once or thrice (daily), he becomes victorious whether among demigods, demons, or human beings.

mangalamangalyam

bhuktim muktim cha vindati .

dvaatrinshatisahasraani

patheth shuddhaatmanaam nrinaam ..

27. One who with purified heart recites this prayer 32,000 times attains the most auspicious of all auspicious things, and material enjoyment and liberation are already understood to be available to such a person.

kavachasyaasya mantrasya

mantrasiddhih prajaayate .

anena mantraraajena

kritvaa bhasmaabhirmantraanaamah ..

28. This Kavacha-mantra is the king of all mantras. One attains by it what would be attained by anointing oneself with ashes and chanting all other mantras.

vinyasedyastu

tasya grahabhayam haretah .

trivaaram japamaanastu

dattam vaaryaabhimantrya cha ..

29. Having marked ones body with tilaka, taking aachamana with water, and reciting this mantra three times, one will find that the fear of all inauspicious planets is removed.

yo naro mantram

nrisinhadhyaanamaacharetah .

tasya rogah pranashyanti

ye cha syuh kukshisambhavaah ..

30. That person who recites this mantra, meditating upon Lord Narasimhadeva, has all of his diseases vanquished, including those of the abdomen.

garjantam gaarjayantam nijabhujapatalam sphotayantam hatantam

ruupyantam taapayantam divi bhuvi ditijam kshepayantam kshipantamah .

krandantam roshhayantam dishi dishi satatam sanharantam bharantam

viikshantam puurnayantam karanikarashatairdivyasinham namaami ..

31. Lord Narasimha roars loudly and causes others to roar. With His multitudes of arms He tears the demons asunder and kills them in this way. He is always seeking out and tormenting the demonic descendants of Diti, both on this earth planet and in the higher planets, and Hs throws them down and scatters them. He cries with great anger as He destroys the demons in all directions, yet with His unlimited hands He sustains, protects, and nourishes the cosmic manifestation. I offer my respectful obeisances to the Lord, who has assumed the form of a transcendental lion.

.. iti shriibrahmaandapuraane prahlaadoktam

shriinrisinhakavacham sampuurnamah ..

Thus ends the Narasimha-kavacha as it is described by Prahlada Maharaja in the Brahmanda Purana.

Guest guest

many words are missing. In fact, the 30 verse is also missing (and is replaced by 31st as the 30th). One has to recite this stotra properly for there to be any benefit. Narasimha is strict. He demands your complete sincerity and dedication.

Sri Nrisimha Kavacha of Prahlad

from the Brahmanda Purana.

shri nrisimha kavacha-stotram

nrisimha-kavacham vakshye

prahladenoditam puraa

sarva-raksha-karam punyam

sarvopadrava-naashanam

1. I shall now recite the Narasimha-kavacha, formerly spoken by Prahlada Maharaja. It is most pious, vanquishes all kinds of impediments, and provides one all protection.

sarva-sampat-karam chaiva

svarga-moksha-pradaayakam

dhyaatva nrisimham devesham

hema-sinhaasana sthitamah

2. It bestows upon one all opulences and can give one elevation to the heavenly planets or liberation. One should meditate on Lord Narasimha, Lord of the universe, seated upon a golden throne.

vivritasyam tri-nayanam

sharad-indu-sama-prabham

lakshmyaalingita-vaamaangam

vibhuutibhi rupaashritam

3. His mouth is wide open, He has three eyes, and He is as radiant as the autumn moon. He is embraced by Lakshmi devi on his left side, and His form is the shelter of all opulences, both material and spiritual.

chatur-bhujam komalaangam

svarna-kundala-shobhitam

saroja-shobitoraskam

ratna-keyuura-mudritam

4. The Lord has four arms, and His limbs are very soft. He is decorated with golden earrings. His chest is resplendent like the lotus flower, and His arms are decorated with jewel-studded ornaments.

tapta-kaanchana-sankasham

pita-nirmala-vasasam

indradi-sura-maulishthaha

sphuran manikya-diptibhih

5. He is dressed in a spotless yellow garment, which exactly resembles molten gold. He is the original cause of existence, beyond the mundane sphere, for the great demigods headed by Indra. He appears bedecked with rubies which are blazingly effulgent.

virajita-pada-dvandvam

shankha-chakradi-hetibhihi

garutmata cha vinayat

stuyamanam mudanvitam

6. His two feet are very attractive, and He is armed with various weapons such as the conch, disc, etc. Garuda joyfully offers prayers with great reverence.

sva-hrit-kamalasamvaasam

kritvaa tu kavacham pathet

nrisimho me shirah patu

loka-rakshartha-sambhavaha

7. Having seated Lord Narasimhadeva upon the lotus of one's heart, one should recite the following mantra: “May Lord Nrisimha, who protects all the planetary systems, protect my head.”

sarvago ‘pi stambha vasaha

phalam me rakshatu dhvanim

nrisimho me drishau paatu

soma-suryagni-lochanaha

8. Although the Lord is all-pervading, He hid Himself within a pillar. May He protect my speech and the results of my activities. May Lord Narasimha, whose eyes are the sun, and fire, protect my eyes.

smritam me patu nriharih

muni-vaarya-stuti-priyaha

nasam me simha-nasas tu

mukham lakshmi-mukha-priyaha

9. May Lord Nrihari, who is pleased by the prayers offered by the best of sages, protect my memory. May He who has the nose of a lion protect my nose, and may He whose face is very dear to the goddess of fortune protect my mouth.

sarva-vidyadhipaha patu

nrisimho rasanam mama

vaktram patv indu-vadanam

sada prahlaada-vanditaha

10. May Lord Narasimha, who is the knower of all sciences, protect my sense of taste. May He whose face is beautiful as the full moon and who is offered prayers by Prahlada Maharaja protect my face.

Nrisimha patu me kantham

skandhau bhu-bhrid ananta krit

divyastra-shobhita-bhujaha

nrisimhah patu me bhujaha

11. May Lord Narasimha protect my throat. He is the sustainer of the earth and the performer of unlimitedly wonderful activities. May He protect my shoulders. His arms are resplendent with transcendental weapons. May He protect my shoulders.

karau me deva-varado

nrisimhah patu sarvataha

hridayam yogi-sadhyash cha

nivasam patu me harih

12. May the Lord, who bestows benedictions upon the demigods, protect my hands, and may He protect me from all sides. May He who is achieved by the perfect yogis protect my heart, and may Lord Hari protect my dwelling place.

madhyam patu hiranyaksha

vaksha-kukshi-vidaranaha

nabhim me patu nriharihi

sva-nabhi-brahma-samstutaha

13. May He who ripped apart the chest and abdomen of the great demon HiraNyaaksha protect my waist, and may Lord Nrihari protect my navel. He is offered prayers by Lord Brahmaa, who has sprung from his own navel.

brahmanda-kotayah katyam

yasyasau patu me katim

guhyam me patu guhyanam

mantranam guhya-rupa-drik

14. May He on whose hips rest all the universes protect my hips. May the Lord protect my private parts. He is the knower of all mantras and all mysteries, but He Himself is not visible.

uru manobhavah patu

januni nara-ruupa-drik

janghe patu dhara-dhara

harta yo ‘sau nri-keshari

15. May He who is the original Cupid protect my thighs. May He who exhibits a human-like form protect my knees. May the remover of the burden of the earth, who appears in a form which is half-man and half-lion, protect my calves.

sura-rajya-pradah patu

padau me nriharishvarah

sahasra-shirsha-purushaha

patu me sarvashas tanum

16. May the bestower of heavenly opulence protect my feet. He is the Supreme Controller in the form of a man and lion combined. May the thousand-headed Supreme enjoyer protect my body from all sides and in all respects.

mahograh purvatah patu

maha-viragrajo ‘ghnitaha

maha-vishnur dakshine tu

maha-jvalas tu nairritaha

17. May that most ferocious personality protect me from the east. May He who is superior to the greatest heroes protect me from the southeast, which is presided over by Agni. May the Supreme Vishnu protect me from the south, and may that person of blazing luster protect me from the southwest.

pashchime patu sarvesho

dishi me sarvatomukhaha

nrisimhah patu vayavyam

saumyam bhushana-vigrahaha

18. May the Lord of everything protect me from the west. His faces are everywhere, so please may He protect me from this direction. May Lord Narasimha protect me from the northwest, which is predominated by Vaayu, and may He whose form is in itself the supreme ornament protect me from the north, where Soma resides.

ishanyam patu bhadro me

sarva-mangala-dayakaha

samsara-bhayatah patu

mrityor mrityur nrikeshari

19. May the all-auspicious Lord, who Himself bestows all-auspiciousness, protect from the northeast, the direction of the sun-god, and may He who is death personified protect me from fear of the rotation of birth and death in this material world.

idam nrisimha-kavacham

prahlada-mukha-manditam

bhaktiman yah pathenaityam

sarva-papaih pramuchyate

20. This Narasimha-kavacha has been ornamented by issuing from the mouth of Prahlada Maharaja. A devotee who reads this becomes freed from all sins.

putravan dhanavan loke

dirghayur upajayate

kamayate yam yam kamam

tam tam prapnoty asamshayam

21. Whatever one desires in this world he can attain without doubt. One can have wealth, many sons, and a long life.

sarvatra jayam apnoti

sarvatra vijayii bhavet

bhumyantariksha-divyanam

grahanam vini varanam

22. He becomes victorious who desires victory, and indeed becomes a conqueror. He wards off the influence of all planets, earthly, heavenly, and everything in between.

vrishchikoraga-sambhuta

vishhapaharanam param

brahma-rakshasa-yakshanam

durotsarana-karanam

23. This is the supreme remedy for the poisonous effects of serpents and scorpions, and Brahma-raakshasa ghosts and Yakshas are driven far away.

bhuje va tala-patre va

kavacham likhitam shubham

kara-mule dhritam yena

sidhyeyuh karma-siddhayaha

24. One may write this most auspicious prayer on his arm, or inscribe it on a palm-leaf and attach it to his wrist, and all his activities will become perfect.

devasura-manushyeshhu

svam svam eva jayam labhet

eka-sandhyam tri-sandhyam va

yah pathen niyato naraha

25. One who regularly chants this prayer, whether once or thrice (daily), he becomes victorious whether among demigods, demons, or human beings.

sarva-mangala-mangalyam

bhuktim muktim cha vindati

dva-trimshati-sahasrani

pathet shuddhatmanam nrinam

26. One who with purified heart recites this prayer 32,000 times attains the most auspicious of all auspicious things, and material enjoyment and liberation are already understood to be available to such a person.

kavachasyasya mantrasya

mantra-siddhih-prajayate

anena mantra-rajena

kritva bhasmabhir mantranam

27. This Kavacha-mantra is the king of all mantras. One attains by it what would be attained by anointing oneself with ashes and chanting all other mantras.

tilakam vinyased yas tu

tasya graha-bhayam haret

tri-varam japamanas tu

dattam varyabhimantrya cha

28. Having marked ones body with tilaka, taking achamana with water, and reciting this mantra three times, one will find that the fear of all inauspicious planets is removed.

prasayed yo naro mantram

nrisimha-dhyanam acharet

tasya rogah pranashyanti

ye cha syuh kukshi-sambhavaha

29. That person who recites this mantra, meditating upon Lord Narasimhadeva, has all of his diseases vanquished, including those of the abdomen.

garjantam garjayantam nija-bhuja-patalam sphotayantam hatantam

rupyantam tapayantam divi bhuvi ditiyam kshepayantam kshipantam

krandantam roshayantam dishi dishi satantam samharantam bharantam

vikshantam purnayantam kara-nikara-shatair divya-simham namami

30. Lord Narasimha roars loudly and causes others to roar. With His multitudes of arms He tears the demons asunder and kills them in this way. He is always seeking out and tormenting the demonic descendants of Diti, both on this earth planet and in the higher planets, and He throws them down and scatters them. He cries with great anger as He destroys the demons in all directions, yet with His unlimited hands He sustains, protects, and nourishes the cosmic manifestation. I offer my respectful obeisances to the Lord, who has assumed the form of a transcendental lion.

iti shri brahmanda-purane prahladoktam

shri nrisimha-kavacham sampurnam

Thus ends the Narasimha-kavacha as it is described by Prahlada Maharaja in the Brahmanda Purana.

This site is wonderful from

Sri Ramanuja Sampradaya-

SRI NRISIMHA KAVACHA

http://www.prapatti/

<font size="6">LISTEN </font>

http://www.prapatti.com/slokas/mp3/narasimhakavacham1.mp3

http://www.prapatti.com/slokas/english/narasimhakavacham1.pdf

of the Trailokya Vijaya in the Samhita of Brahma

1. Sri Narada-uvaca

indr-adi deva vrndesa

pateshvara jagat-pate

maha vishnor nrisimhasya

kavacho bruhi me prabho

yasya prana thanad vidvan

trilokya vijayi bhavet

Sri Narad Muni said: “My dear father and lord, master of the Universe, lord of the multitude of demigods headed by Indra, kindly tell me the kavaca mantra of Lord Nrsimha, the incarnation of Visnu. O master, reading this kavaca aloud, a learned man will become victorious throughout the three worlds."

2. sri brahmovaca

srinu narada vaksyami

putra shrestha tapodhana

kavacham narasimhasya

trailokya vijaya bhavet

"Lord Brahma said: My dear Narada, please hear me. O best of my sons, who are rich in austerity, I shall speak this kavaca of Lord Narasimha, which gives victory over the three worlds."

3. yasya prapathanad vayami

trailokya vijayi bhavet

shresthaham jagatam vatsa

pathanat dharanat yataha

"My dear boy, by recitation of this kavaca an eloquent person will become victorious throughout the three worlds. It is by reciting this and meditating deeply on it that I (lord Brahma) am the creator of all these planetary systems."

4. laksmir jagat-trayam pati

samharta cha maheshvaraha

pathanad dharanad deva

babhuvush cha digishvaraha

"It is by reciting and meditating upon this that Laksmi maintains the three worlds, and Lord Siva destroys them. Also the demigods in this way became controllers of the different directions."

5. brahma mantra nayam vakshye

bhutadi vinvakaram

yasya prasadad durvasa

trailokya vijayi munih

pathanad dharanad yasya

shasta cha krodha bhairavaha

"I shall speak this essence of all Vedic mantras, which wards off all kinds of ghosts and hobgoblins. By its grace the sage Durvasa became victorious throughout the three worlds, commanding respect and most fearful in his anger."

6. trailokya-vijayasyasa

kavachasya prajapatih

rshish chandash cha gayatri

nrisimho devata vibhuhu

"For this kavaca, which is directly perceived as giving victory over the three worlds, I (Brahma) am the Rsi, Gayatri is the metre, and the all powerful Nrsimhadev is the Deity."

7+ 8 ksraum bijam me shirah pati

chandra-varno maha-manuhu

"ugram viram maha-visnum

jvalantam sarvatomukham

nrisimham bhishanam bhadram

mrtyu-mrtyum namamy aham"

dva-trimshad aksharo mantro

mantra-rajah sura drumaha

"One should place Lord Nrsimha's mantra bija, ksraum, on one's head, thinking, 'May my head be protected by the moon-colored one, who is the greatest among humans. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one, who's faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, or the one who can overcome death.' One should place this mantra, composed of thirty two syllables upon his head. It is the king of all mantras. It is like a wish fulfilling tree for the demigods and devotees."

9. kantham patu dhruvam ksraum hrid

bhagavato chakshusha mama

narasimhaya cha jvala

maline patu mastakam

"One should also place ksraum firmly upon his neck for protection. Placing the word bhagavate upon his heart, narasimhaya upon his two eyes, and jvala maline on the top of his head, one meditates upon the different parts of this narasimha mantra protecting the different parts of his body."

10. dipta-damshtraya cha tatha

agni netraya cha nasikam

sarva-raksho-ghnaya sarva

bhuta-vinashanaya cha

"One should place on his nose the syllables dipta damstraya agni netraya sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya. (Obeisances unto Him, whose teeth are blazing, whose eyes are fire, and who destroys all ghosts and raksasas.)"

11. sarva-jvara-vinashaya

daha daha pacha dvayam

raksha raksha sarva-mantra

svaha patu mukham mama

"Meditating on the protection of one's face, one should place there the syllables ‘sarva jvara vinasaya daha daha paca paca raksa raksa. ksraum ugram viram maha visnum jvalanatam sarvatomukham nrsimham bhisanam bhadram mrtyu mrtyum namamy aham. ksraum bhagavate narasimhya jvalamaline dipta damstrayagni netraya sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya svaha’. (This means: Unto He who vanquishes all fevers, oblations. Burn and burn, cook and cook, protect protect. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one whose faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, or who can overcome even death. Unto the Personality of Godhead Narasimha, garlanded with blazing energy, whose teeth are glowing and whose eyes are fiery, who kills all raksasas and demons and annihilates the ghosts, to You my oblations)"

12. taradi ramachandraya

namah payad gudam mama

klim payat pani-yugmam cha

taram namah padam tataha

narayanaya parshvam cha

am hrim kraum kshraum cha hum phat

"Meditating on the protection of one's rectum, one should first sip water for purification and chant om Ramacandra namah. Sipping water again one should place the bija mantra klim on both of his hands together. Thereafter one should place om namah on his feet and narayanaya on his side, as well as the bija mantras am hrim kraum ksraum hum phat."

13. varaksarah katim patu

om namah bhagavate padam

vasudevaya cha prishtham

klim krishnaya uru-dvayam

"Praying for the protection of one's waist, one should place there the varaksara Om. One should place the syllables om namo bhagavate upon his feet, vasudevaya on his back, and klim krsnaya upon his two thighs."

14. klim krishnaya sada patu

januni cha manuttamaha

klim glaum klim syamalangaya

namah payat pada dvayam

"Upon his knees, one should place the mantra klim krsnaya, thinking that the Lord may always protect me in His form as the best of human beings. Then one should sip water for purification and place the mantra klim glaum klim syamalangaya namah upon his feet."

15. kshraum narasimhaya kshraum cha

sarvangam me sadavatu

"One should meditate upon the constant protection of the body, placing the mantra kshraum narasimhaya kshraum upon all his limbs."

16. iti te kathitam vatsa

sarva-mantraugha-vigraham

tava snehan mayakhyatam

pravaktavyam na kasyachit

"Lord Brahma continued: My dear boy, thus I have told you the embodiment of the potencies of all mantras. Because of your great affection I have explained it to you, although it is not to be spoken to just anyone."

17. guru-pujam vidhayatha

grihniyat kavacham tataha

sarva-punya-yuto bhutva

sarva-siddhi-yuto bhavet

"Having performed worship of the spiritual master, one may accept this kavaca. Having become enriched in his pious activities he will attain all perfections."

18. shatam ashtottaram chaiva

purashcharya vidhih smritaha

havanadin dashamshena

kritva sadhaka-sattamaha

"Performing the ritualistic ceremonies of purification (purascarya) one hundred and eight times is equal to one tenth the effect received by that best of devotees who chants this kavaca."

19. tatas tu siddha-kavacaha

punyatma madanopaman

sparddham uddhuya bhavana

lakshmir vani vaset tataha

"Laksmi, the Goddess of fortune, and Sarasvati, the Goddess of speech and learning, reside in the home of that fortunate soul who has become perfected by this kavaca, giving up the intoxication of competing with others for supremacy."

20. pushpanjalyashtakam dattva

mulenaiva pathet sakrit

api varsa sahasranam

pujayah phalam apnuyat

"Simply offering eight times puspajali and reading only once the original version, one attains the result of even a thousand years of worship."

21. bhurje vilikhya gutikam

svarnastham dharayed yadi

kanthe va dakshine bahau

narasimho bhavet svayam

"If one write this down on a leaf or bark of a tree and keeps it within a golden capsule on his neck or right arm, Lord Nrsimhadev will be personally present."

22. yoshid vama-bhuje chaiva

purusho dakshine kare

vibhryat kavacham punyam

sarva-siddhi-yuto bhavet

"A woman may keep it on her left arm, a man on the right hand. Certainly this most auspicious kavaca brings all perfection to the bearer."

23. kaka-vandhya cha ya nari

mrita-vatsa cha ya bhavet

janma-vandhya nashta putra

bahu-putravati bhavet

"A woman who is totally barren, or who bears only one child, or whose sons are lost or dead may become possessed of many sons."

24. kavachasya prasadena

jivan mukta bhaven-naraha

trilokyam kshobhayasyeva

trailokya vijayi bhavet

"By the grace of this kavaca, a man becomes jivan mukta, liberated soul even within this life time. He is able to move the whole universe, and certainly becomes victorious throughout the three worlds."

25. bhuta-preta-pishachash cha

rakshasa danavash cha ye

tam drishtva prapalayante

deshad deshantaram dhruvam

"Certainly bhutas, pretas, pisacas, raksasas, and danavas all immediately flee from the country and go to another upon seeing it."

26. yasmin gehe cha kavacham

grame va yadi tishthati

tam deshantu parityajya

prayanti chatidurantaha

"In the home or even the same village where this kavaca exists, all such demoniac creatures, once having understood its presence, give up that place and go far away."

Thus ends the Sri Nrsimha Kavaca, of the Trailokya Vijaya in the Samhita of Brahma.

A note about variations:

This is not intended to offend anyone, simply to clarify ...

Gaudiya Vaisnavism is "Rupanuga," not "Ramanuga."

The lineage of disciplic succession is different.

ISKCON and Gaudiya Matha are of the Rupanuga sampradaya.

Hence the variations of Nrsimha-kavaca.

Hare Krishna

That text i got was from an Iskcon site. ABove. It's just the audio and the pdf. which is by the The Ramanuja Sampradaya.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/prayers_to_lord_narasimhadeva.htm

Ps. I heard that it is better to Pray to Prahlada Maharaja MORE then Lord Nrsimhadeva. For various reasons. Becasue Lord Nrisimhadeva accepts Prayers only from His devotees.

So by getting mercy from Prahlada Maharaja you get Lord Nrisimhadeva mercy. That's the bona-fide way as taught by Prabhupada.

Guest guest

Ps. I heard that it is better to Pray to Prahlada Maharaja MORE then Lord Nrsimhadeva. For various reasons. Becasue Lord Nrisimhadeva accepts Prayers only from His devotees.

So by getting mercy from Prahlada Maharaja you get Lord Nrisimhadeva mercy. That's the bona-fide way as taught by Prabhupada.

Then why did Srila Prabhupada spend so much time teaching us to properly recite the Sri Nrsimha Pranama and Prayer to Lord Nrsimha? He asked us to recite these prayers every morning.

Also, Stephen Knapp's site is not an Iskcon site. Just because he has Srila Prabhupada pictures on there and some other things does not make everything there authorized.

I said it clearly. That prayer you mentioned has Prahlahda Maharaja names in it. So you get His mercy. Stephen Knapp is Iskcon devotee as far as I know, if you don't like something then please e-mail him.

Here you go:

Please let us know your thoughts on this website. Also, if you are interested in any of our books or the subject matter that they contain, or if you have any questions, you can use this email address to contact me: Srinandan@aol.com. Stephen receives letters, writes and advises people from all over the world.

Guest guest

I said it clearly. That prayer you mentioned has Prahlahda Maharaja names in it. So you get His mercy. Stephen Knapp is Iskcon devotee as far as I know, if you don't like something then please e-mail him.

No one is arguing with you. Just because someone has something different to say than you does not mean arguing.

Oh glorious one. Who follows Prabhupada. Next time read what people write. Instead of jumping. How people always claim they are actual followers of Prabhupada I DO NOT KNOW.

Instead of saying, then why did Prabhupada say this or that. Why don't you try to understand.? WHY Prabhupada said it? Not in a speculative way. Maybe it will liberate your mind? I JUST said that getting Prahladha Maharaja mercy is far more better [like SP said].

Prahladha Maharaja is a Mahajana. ANd Guru. SO getting His mercy is better. That's why we chant His Name along with Lord Nrisimhadeva.

To learn why Guru says something is a great thing. And to learn why He may have as well. Then we can know the inner meanings of His heart even more. Anyway...

Guest guest

Well, I was sitting on the floor of the temple many mornings while Prabhupada was teaching us to pray to Lord Narasimha.

So I guess I don't know anything at all. Please teach me.

Oh forget it. I cannot explain anything to you. Haribol.

I think maybe your a ritivk anyway. They cannot understand anything anybody ever says.

NB: If your a SP disciple then I am shocked that you don't understand what I am saying.

For anybody who wants to understand I heard in a lecture by that we need to get mercy from Guru first, then God. So Prahladaha is Guru and Nrsimhadeva is God. I am not saying anything different from Prabhupada. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Next time I shall quote. Then it shall be better.

Radhe Krishna,

Why should there be so much heart burn. One can recite the prahlada kruta nrusimha sthuthi in Shrimad Bhagavatham. The lord who liquidated hiranyakashipu and was in a rage became sombre on hearing prahlada sthuthi and in spite of the fact that prahlada did not expected anything from the lord showered him with boons.

Radhe Krishna

Hare Krishna.

Whoever says that the ritvik directive and anyone who follows that does not understand or acknowledge guru ? This is the result of institutional bad-mouthing. Ritvik devotees recognise the guru on different levels and understand that the levels should correspond to what one is or one is not as per spiritual advancement and more importantly the instructions of one's own guru, i.e. the founder-acharya. It's not that no one can be guru. Be guru but how - according to how the Acharya has ordered. He may have stated many of his intentions and desires but his orders are the ones that have to be executed.

Just because someone has made a statement you do not agree with does not mean that you take the ritvik word, misrepresent it according to your poor digestion of it and then take a slam. Immaturity and a lack of composure and consideration in understanding a position should not extend to answering every other issue. Sadly, many devotees blanket everything according to their immature reading of issues.

Your servant,

jai simman,

singapore.

Lord Narasimha, the Transcendental Lion

garjantam gaarjayantam nijabhujapatalam sphotayantam hatantam

ruupyantam taapayantam divi bhuvi ditijam kshepayantam kshipantamah.

krandantam roshhayantam dishi dishi satatam sanharantam bharantam

viikshantam puurnayantam karanikarashatairdivyasinham namaami.

31. Lord Narasimha roars loudly and causes others to roar. With His multitudes of arms He tears the demons asunder and kills them in this way. He is always seeking out and tormenting the demonic descendants of Diti, both on this earth planet and in the higher planets, and Hs throws them down and scatters them. He cries with great anger as He destroys the demons in all directions, yet with His unlimited hands He sustains, protects, and nourishes the cosmic manifestation. I offer my respectful obeisances to the Lord, who has assumed the form of a transcendental lion. :pray:

My Dear Devotees, please stop this idle chatter and give up this quarrelsome attitude. Instead, simply Chant and Be Happy

Excerpts of Nectar of Instruction Text 1 purport:

In his book Prema-vivarta, Chapter Seven, Śrī Jagadānanda Paṇḍita says:

vairāgī bhāi grāmya-kathā nā śunibe kāne

grāmya-vārtā nā kahibe yabe milibe āne

svapane o nā kara bhāi strī-sambhāṣaṇa

gṛhe strī chāḍiyā bhāi āsiyācha vana

yadi cāha praṇaya rākhite gaurāńgera sane

choṭa haridāsera kathā thāke yena mane

bhāla nā khāibe āra bhāla nā paribe

hṛdayete rādhā-kṛṣṇa sarvadā sevibe

"My dear brother, you are in the renounced order of life and should not listen to talk about ordinary worldly things, nor should you talk about worldly things when you meet with others. Do not think of women even in dreams. You have accepted the renounced order of life with a vow that forbids you to associate with women. If you wish to associate with Caitanya Mahāprabhu, you must always remember the incident of Choṭa Haridāsa and how he was rejected by the Lord. Do not eat luxurious dishes or dress in fine garments, but always remain humble and serve Their Lordships Śrī Śrī Rādhā-Kṛṣṇa in your heart of hearts."

The conclusion is that one who can control these six items — speech, mind, anger, tongue, belly and genitals — is to be called a svāmī or gosvāmī. Svāmī means master, and gosvāmī means master of the go, or senses. When one accepts the renounced order of life, he automatically assumes the title of svāmī. This does not mean that he is the master of his family, community or society; he must be master of his senses. Unless one is master of his senses, he should not be called gosvāmī, but go-dāsa, servant of the senses. Following in the footsteps of the six Gosvāmīs of Vṛndāvana, all svāmīs and gosvāmīs should fully engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. As opposed to this, the go-dāsas engage in the service of the senses or in the service of the material world. They have no other engagement. Prahlāda Mahārāja has further described the go-dāsa as adānta-go, which refers to one whose senses are not controlled. An adānta-go cannot become a servant of Kṛṣṇa. In Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (7.5.30), Prahlāda Mahārāja has said:

matir na kṛṣṇe parataḥ svato vā

mitho 'bhipadyeta gṛha-vratānām

adānta-gobhir viśatāḿ tamisraḿ

punaḥ punaś carvita-carvaṇānām

"For those who have decided to continue their existence in this material world for the gratification of their senses, there is no chance of becoming Kṛṣṇa conscious, not by personal endeavor, by instruction from others or by joint conferences. They are dragged by the unbridled senses into the darkest region of ignorance, and thus they madly engage in what is called 'chewing the chewed.' "

There you have the definition of a genuine Swami n Goswami.

Finally, as Taught by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada the way to Lord Krsna:

Bs 5.56

harer nama harer nama

harer namaiva kevalam

kalau nasty eva nasty eva

nasty eva gatir anyatha

"In this Age of Kali there is no other means, no other means, no other means for self-realization than chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name of Lord Hari."

Adi 17.22

"In this Age of Kali, the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, is the incarnation of Lord Krsna. Simply by chanting the holy name, one associates with the Lord directly. Anyone who does this is certainly delivered."

Mahaprabhu also says in his Siksastaka:

Sloka Three-The process of chanting the holy name

trinad api sunicena taror api sahisnuna

amanina manadena kirtaniyah sads harih

"One who thinks himself lower than the grass, who is more tolerant than a tree, and who does not expect personal honour but is always prepared to give all respect to others, can very easily always chant the holy name of the Lord."

Sloka 6 & 7-How our mood Should be

Verse 6

nayanam galad-asru-dharaya

vadanam gadgada-ruddhaya gira

pulakair nicitam vapuh kada

tava nama-grahane bhavisyati

"O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs on my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?"

Verse 7

yugayitam nimesena

caksusa pravrsayitam

sunyayitam jagat sarvam

govinda-virahena me

"O Govinda! Felling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence."

Hari Bol

vancha kalpa taru bhyas ca

krpa sindhu bhya eva ca

patita nam pavane bhyo

vaisnave bhyo namo namah

_/\_Ò

"I offer my respectful obeisances to all the Vaisnava devotees of the Lord, who are just like desire trees, capable of fulfilling the desires of everyone, and who are especially compassionate to the fallen souls."

Please forgive me if I have knowingly or unknowingly offended anyone.

I am only a lowly neophyte bhakta, thus eveything I have quoted is especially applicable to me.