IndiaDivine.org

11_7... is anti love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There's a character on this forum calling themselves 11_7 who is very insulting. He/She is obviously a "born again" Chirstian. He/she attacks Gaudiya Vaisnavaism by asking silly questions, and by doing so he/she makes puffed up assumptions about followers of the Gaudiya Tradition.

I would like to inform our esteemed guest that most devotees have thought out why they believe and CHOOSE to follow the Vaisnava path. He/she has to accept that devotees are intelligent people who have looked at all the evidence presented by our acaryas and accept their version of truth.

I have studied the bible and Christians teachings for years. I have rejected much of what that tradition has to say about God. As God presented there is a hateful, spiteful tyrant. The idea of one life and then eternal condemation if you fail to meet your God's standards, is so hateful and frankly very silly and anti love.

Please don't play the-Jesus-died-for-my sins card, as this is also insulting and anti love.

The most wonderful teaching that Jesus gave the world was: Love thy neighbour as thyself. So let me believe what I choose to believe as I'm an intelligent person and follow Gaudiya Vaisnavaism as I believe it to be the highest thesistic conception on this planet. Maybe if you did then you would surly being loving...

Oh....don't quote; "I'm the light and the way and no one comes to the father but by me (Jesus)" as this is only a realtive truth not an absolute truth...

Just one more thing...11_7 do you eat meat? If so, please follow your basic commandent, Thou shall not kill. Maybe then you will be qualified to be called a human being and talk about God...

Jesus please save me from your followers...

but it won't have any effect on 11 7 and his ilk. Neither do they practice their 'religion' which they claim to love, nor allow others to practice theirs. All they can do is harrass devotees with seemingly innocuous, beginner's questions to tempt them to answer, then start an argument and move away from the subject matter, complain that no one's answering properly, Vaishnavas are reactive etc. etc.

This way, these born again christians feel good about themselves. What we can do is to let these dogs bark, so that they'll get bored with it eventually and leave.

Bhagavad-gita 2.14:

matra-sparsas tu kaunteya sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah

agamapayino 'nityas tams titiksasva bharata

"O son of Kunti [Arjuna], the non-permanent appearance of happiness and distress and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed."

What does that quote have to do with anything in this thread? Are you saying you are a duality that one should tolerate? Very amusing! Here is a better verse for you and the context of this thread:

And that knowledge by which one is attached to one kind of work as the all in all, without knowledge of the truth, and which is very meager, is said to be in the mode of darkness. [bG 18..22]

So in any event I wonder if some of your 'other' postings on this forum are as a guest....

(i'm replying to Don Muntean's post, but also this is in reply to guest poster who started the thread)

no i think he is saying that the distress/happiness that one may get from being critisized or complemented is just temporary. It's actually quite clever and mature - the type of attitude i would expect from a Vaishnava, in fact.

And wow, may i say i am truly surprised there is an entire thread here dedicated to denigrating a contributor to this forum. Yes, FORUM - a place where people discuss stuff. No where in the code of conduct does it say "Vaishanavas only". If he wants to speak, let him speak. Sometimes people can be insulting but i don't think 11_7 has said anything that should provoke such a reaction.