IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhakta_john

S. B. 2:7:37

Rate this topic

"when the athiests, after being well versed in the Vedic scientific knowledge, annihilate inhabitants of different planets, flying unseen in the sky on well built rockets prepared by the great scientist, maya, The Lord will bewilder their minds by dressing Himself attractively as Buddha and will preach on subreligiuos principles."

S. B. 2:7:37, SCHEDULED INCARNATIONS

Well we don't see the annihilation of civilizations on other planets yet but we do find that ahimsa as taught by Lord Buddha is now considered religon in and of itself.

Even major religions find it beyond their grasp to practice true ahimsa. Most Christians don't include animals and Muslims don't even include non-Muslims it seems.

Love God with all one's heart mind body and soul and other living beings as yourself is true religion but most of us hesitate to go beyond believing and into the realm of realization.

Guest guest

[reply]"when the athiests, after being well versed in the Vedic scientific knowledge, annihilate inhabitants of different planets, flying unseen in the sky on well built rockets prepared by the great scientist, maya, The Lord will bewilder their minds by dressing Himself attractively as Buddha and will preach on subreligiuos principles."[/reply]

In Budhha's time there were no such rockets - i wonder what SB means here? Yet more symbology? Literal truth?

[reply]Love God with all one's heart mind body and soul and other living beings as yourself is true religion but most of us hesitate to go beyond believing and into the realm of realization. [/reply]

Agreed. Speaking for myself, i find loving very very difficult tho (i'm told) it should be the easiest thing in the world.

G.

Guest guest

I've heard this refered to the previous kaliyuga when he came to stop a war between earth and higher planets (I think I read it in vedic cosmology by sadaputa prabhu a few years ago).

That being the case, the same can be applied to any of the descriptions given in SB?

G.

That being the case, the same can be applied to any of the descriptions given in SB?

It's better that we not speculate on the transcendental topics discussed in Srimad-Bhagavatam but take it As It Is!

Where it is not possible to logically analyse the statements it is better to depend on the revelation from Krishna as we all know that Krishna Himself can be known only be revelation what to speak of His literary incarnation, Srimad-Bhagavatam..

Guest guest

It's better that we not speculate on the transcendental topics discussed in Srimad-Bhagavatam but take it As It Is!

Where it is not possible to logically analyse the statements it is better to depend on the revelation from Krishna as we all know that Krishna Himself can be known only be revelation what to speak of His literary incarnation, Srimad-Bhagavatam..

hmmm... i hear your take on this, and i know how some feel about this kind of speculation... i must say i disagree, but i don't want to make an issue over it at the moment /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Intersting topic anyhow.

G.