IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Tilak

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol.

I am enquiring about the shape of the tilak worn.

I understand that this differs from one sampradaya to the next, as well as the meanings.

For example, sri sampradaya has red line in centre to respresent mother laxmi and we have tulasi, because we approach the lord through her.

But......does anyone know what shapes the Rudra and Kumara sampradyas have ??? e.g namo[= 2 vertical lines to respresent feet of vishnu] and ........

Guest guest

the Shiva sampradayas usually have 3 horizontal lines on the forehead, to represent transcendence above the 3 modes of material nature.

Hare Krishna

The sixth chakra, which is the third eye, is in the area of your Himalayas. We apologize we cannot be more specific about the exact mountain. Generally, since the creation of mankind, the sixth chakra location has been in the Himalayas. It's changed location slightly, but it's been in that general area. Now the qualities of the third eye chakra, as you are aware, are inner vision and intuition. The Himalayan area for thousands of years has been the seat of esoteric knowledge. Some of the most peaceful belief systems that people have had on your planet came from that area. It is there that the future vision for your planet is held.

Guest guest

Namaste,

I am trying to find the powders they use for tilak markings in the "Sri Samapradya" as I have a deity of Lord Venkateswara with engravings for applying the markings. Does anyone know specific names or where I can buy online ?

Or is it okay to use Gopi Chandan and Kum Kum powder ?