IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Update on Kusakratha Prabhu:"Goloka Airlines"at terminal 108

Rate this topic

BY: DANAVIR GOSWAMI

Sep 13, VRINDAVAN, INDIA (SUN) — From Krsna Kumari devi dasi (Vrndavana)

Kushakratha prabhu called the "Goloka Airlines" hospice staff here at terminal 108, MVT (Mayapur-Vrndavana Trust Guesthous) in Vrindavan last month. He has finally colapsed and is finally accepting seva from the devotees here. He is bedridden and only skin and bones. Because he took no chemotherapy he is actually doing pretty well- mentally sharp as a tack and still doing some poetry. He listens to Srila Prabhuiada tapes and the Krishna-Balarama Mandira radio station for classes and the 24hr kirtan. He is very peaceful and not yet in very much pain although the tumors have grown extensively in his throat and now in the spine. He was given a lovely special compression-free bed, soft pillows and new covers. He seems quite ready for his flight out and the doctors feel it can be within a few months or sooner.

Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,

Krsna Kumari devi dasi

BY: DANAVIR GOSWAMI

Sep 8, INDIA (SUN) — All Glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga! September 8, 2005 Krishna Era 5233.

Dear Kusakratha Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am very sorry to hear that you are facing more complications with regard to your physical body. You are using this devastating illness to show the world how to be a surrendered soul of Sri Sri Krsna-Balarama.

It was wonderful to see you last March in Vrndavana, blissfully performing your daily duties, visiting Krsna-Balarama Mandira, taking kichari prasädam in association with the devotees, etc. As you have been brilliantly successful in your long thirty-six years of devotional service to ISKCON, I am sure that you will also be fully victorious in this present effort.

Shortly after Srila Prabhupada's departure from this world, you began to translate and publish classical Sanskrit and Bengali Gaudiya Vaisnava works into the English language. By excavating these literary treasures at an overwhelming rate you rejuvenated the devotees of ISKCON who felt great sorrow and emptiness in the absence of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada.

I cannot tell you how much value your empowered service has meant to ISKCON thus far and how much more it will be magnified in times to come. You are a great atiratha warrior who has single-handedly launched thousands of astras to defeat Mayas army.

You worked quickly, without wasting a moment for sense gratification. You did not marry, nor get involved in any mundane relationships, including even the formality of taking sannyasa- although it must be admitted that you are indeed a unique sannyasi. Your mind, words and body are fully absorbed in Krsna's name, form, pastimes and paraphernalia and you have remained chaste and faithful to your beloved spiritual master, Srila Prabhupada.

A partial list of your more than 200 Krsna Library translations are: Vedanta Sutra, Svetasvatara Upanisad, Gopala Tapani Upanisad, Brahma Vaivarta Purana, Sri Garga Samhita, Stota-ratna, Munkunda Mala, Visnu Sahasra Nama, Madhvacarya's Tattva-Muktavali, Sri Caitanya Bhagavat, Srila Rupa Goswami's Hamsaduta, Laghu-Bhagavatamrta, Lalita-Madhava, Padyavali and Stavamala; Srila Sanatana Goswami's Hari Bhakti Vilasa and Brhad Bhagavatamrta; Srila Jiva Goswami's Sandarbhas and Gopala Campu; Srila Ramandanda Raya's Jagannatha Vallabha; Srila Kavi Karnapura's Caitanya-candrodaya, Caitanya Carita and Gaura Ganodesa Dipika; Srila Narottama dasa Thakura's Prarthana and Prema-bhakti-candrika; Srila Prabhodananda Sarasvati's Caitanya-candramrta and Vrndavana-mahimamrta; plus extensive works by Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, Srila Baladeva Vidyabhusana, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur and others.

Some of the literature that you have translated is so confidentially elevated that many devotees are not yet ready to grasp it. Nevertheless, these immortal works now stand as a vast body of reference material for the Vaisnava community to consult.

Aside from accurately transmitting the words of the acaryas, you have also rendered thousands of pages of glorification of Krsna through your personal English poetic composition. Some of these compositions have been published though many have not, as of yet.

We pray that you completely recover from this illness. However, if it is the Lord's will that you depart, then please rest assured that you have enriched the sankirtana movement of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You are, in my opinion, one of the stalwart ISKCON workers whose accomplishments are truly astounding. I know Srila Prabhupada is most proud of his dear son, Kusakratha Prabhu, who has sacrificed his life for Krsna's sake.

If there is any service that I can render you, kindly inform me.

Your servant and friend,

Danavir Goswami

Rupanuga Vedic College (USA)

5201 Paseo, Kansas City, Missouri 64110

Tel: (816) 924-5619, (800) 340-5286, Fax: (816) 924-5640

E-mail: danavir.goswami@pamho.net Website: www.rvc.edu

Thanks Krsna Prabhu for posting this. It's really amazing to see the dedication and devotion of Kusakratha Prabhu.

Krishna is always involving the great devotees to come back to Him in such a way that they can be fully prepared to leave the body absorbed in cent percent thought of Krishna!

Kasakratha Prabhu ki Jai!