IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Hurricane Dennis Coverage

Rate this topic

This coverage is ridiculous. I've been playing Mystery Science Theater 3000 with the newscasts. Its ridiculous how they are playing it up. I understand it can cause a lot of damage. But these reporters are just hamming it up. "Did you see that? Did you see the fear in their faces. The wind is incredible. Its phenomenal. This is amazing. I've never seen such powerful wind and rain. Look. Look. Did you see that branch fly across the ground. Back up. BACK UP. GET BACK. Watch out!!!! Another branch is coming. Its so incredible. Its happening in real time."

Man. This is the problem with 24 hour news and 150 channels.

It is getting worse. One story dominates all channels all the time and then they all switch at once. I haven't watched news all day which is possibly a good thing. But there is alot happening in the world. Almost nothing on the London bombing which replaced the missing girl in Aruba story.

It is unbelieveable like you said, 150 channels and no more than two or three news stories from morning till night. What a farce.

It amounts to a news blackout.