IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

One who is authorised by his predecessor spiritual master.This is diksa-vidhana.

Rate this topic

The Diksa Guru MUST BE Authorized

"One should take initiation from a bonafide spiritual master coming in the disciplic succession, who is authorised by his predecessor spiritual master. This is called diksa-vidhana." (SB 4.8.54, purport).

"Indian man:

When did you become spiritual the leader of Krsna Consciousness?

Srila Prabhupada:

What is that?

Brahmananda:

He is asking when did you become the spiritual leader of Krsna Consciousness?

Srila Prabhupada:

When my Guru Maharaja ordered me. This is the guru parampara.

Indian man:

Did it...

Prabhupada:

Try to understand. Don't go very speedily. A guru can become guru when he is ordered by his guru. That's all. Otherwise nobody can become guru."

(SP Bg. Lecture, 28/10/75)

"Guru cannot be self-made. No. There is no such single instance throughout the whole Vedic literature. And nowadays, so many rascals, they are becoming guru without any authority. That is not guru. You must be authorised. Evam parampara-praptam imam ra... As soon as the parampara is...kalena yogo nasta parantapa, immediately finished. The spiritual potency finished. You can dress like a guru, you can talk big, big words, but it will never be effective."

(Srila Prabhupada’s Lecture, February 27th 1977, Mayapur, India)

“Self-made guru cannot be guru. He must be authorized by the bona fide guru. Then he's guru. This is the fact...Similarly, bona fide guru means he must be authorized by the superior guru.”

(SP NOD Lecture, October 31. 1972)

“Therefore guru must be authorized person, not that bhumi-phala-guru. No. "I am guru," no. You cannot become guru unless you are agent to draw out the mercy water from the ocean of mercy of Krsna. That is guru. And therefore a guru is not an ordinary person. He is the representative, bona fide representative of Krsna.”

(SB Lecture,November 30, 1976)

“Vallabha Bhatta wanted to be initiated by Gadadhara Pandita, but Gadadhara Pandita refused, saying, "The work of acting as a spiritual master is not possible for me. "I am completely dependent. My Lord is Gauracandra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I cannot do anything independently, without His order.”

(CC, Antya 7:150-151)

“The schoolmasters in the modern days are paid agents for giving some information, but the spiritual master is not a paid agent. Nor can he impart instruction without being authorized.”

(SB:2.9.43, purport)

"A Guru can be Guru when he is ordered by his Guru. That's all. Otherwise nobody can become Guru."

(SP Bg. Lecture, 28th October 1975)

“Instruct everyone to follow the orders of Lord Sri Krsna as they are given in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. In this way become a spiritual master and try to liberate everyone in this land.”

(Cc Madhya 7:128)

"It is best NOT to accept ANY disciples. One has to become purified at home by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and preaching the principles enunciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Thus one can become a spiritual master and be freed from the contamination of material life."

(Cc Madhya 7:130, purport)

Prabhupada: History, it is not a new movement. You have seen this book. You read that book thoroughly. You will get full knowledge. This movement is very, very old and standard. It is never changed. As soon as you change it, then the potency of the movement is lost.

Faill: Sorry, what was that?

Prabhupada: Potency. Just like electricity. There is standard

regulation: "This is negative; this is positive. You must act like this. You must fix like..." You cannot do whimsically: "No, why not this way? Why not that way?" Then it is lost. Then there will be no electricity. Similarly, there is standard method how to understand this philosophy, how to get it, I mean to say, what is called, authoritatively. Then it will act.

(S.P.Room Conversation with Bill Faill (reporter)October 8, 1975, Durban)

If a avaisnava, if a Mayavadi, he speaks about Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita, one should not hear it. He should avoid it because it will create some misimpression. Caitanya Mahaprabhu has forbidden strongly, mayavadi-bhasya sunile haya sarva-nasa: "If one hears from a Mayavadi about Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, then that person is doomed." So this is, therefore, tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet. This injunction means one should approach a Vaisnava to accept him as guru and then take lessons from him and make his life successful.

(Srimad-Bhagavatam Lecture 3.26.27 Bombay, January 4, 1975)

"Whatever progress we have made, it is simply to distributing these books......Practically, books are the basis of our Movement. Without our books, our preaching will have no effect."

Whatever progress we have made, it is simply to distributing these books. So go on, and do not divert your mind for a moment from this.

(S.P.L. to Ramesvara dasa 11/10/74)

My first concern is that my books shall be published and distributed profusely all over the world. Practically, books are the basis of our Movement. Without our books, our preaching will have no effect.

( Letter to: Mandali Bhadra 20 January, 1972)

One who hears blasphemy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His devotees should immediately take action or should leave. Otherwise he will be put into hellish life perpetually. There are many such injunctions. Therefore as a regulative principle one should not be unfavorable toward the Lord but always favorably inclined toward Him.

(S.B. 7.1.26)

Just like Prahlada Maharaja. Prahlada Maharaja was standing, and his father was being killed. Is it a very good thing? Suppose if I am here and somebody kills me, and if you do not protest, is it a very good business? People will be surprised that "So many disciples are there, and this man is being killed, and nobody do anything?"

(Srimad-Bhagavatam Lecture 1.8.47 Mayapura, October 27, 1974)

Prabhupada: When it was not handed down. Simply understood by speculation. Or if it is not handed down as it is. They might have made some changes.Or they did not hand it down. Suppose I handed it down to you, but if you do not do that, then it is lost. Now the Krsna consciousness movement is going on in my presence. Now after my deparature, if you do not do this, then it is lost. If you go on as you are doing now, then it will go on. But if you stop... (end)

( S.P.Room Conversation with Carol Cameron May 9, 1975, Perth)

Bhaktivinoda writes:

"The initiating spiritual master (diksa-guru) shows his

causeless mercy by giving his disciples instructions in

chanting the mantra. By so doing, he points the disciples

in the direction of the truths pertaining to the Supreme

Lord, Sri Krsna. I consider the numerous instructing

spiritual masters (siksa-gurus) to be more important, for

they show more mercy by training the sadhakas in all the

essential aspects of sadhana-bhakti."

(Kalyana-kalpataru)