IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

616 not 666 is the number of the Beast

Rate this topic

Source: Independent

Revelation! 666 is not the number of the beast (it's a devilish 616)

By Tom Anderson

01 May 2005

A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians, scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

The new fragment from the Book of Revelation, written in ancient Greek and dating from the late third century, is part of a hoard of previously unintelligible manuscripts discovered in historic dumps outside Oxyrhynchus in Egypt. Now a team of expert classicists, using new photographic techniques, are finally deciphering the original writing.

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original. He said: "This is an example of gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in people's names. Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula."

The Book of Revelation is traditionally considered to be written by John, a disciple of Jesus; it identifies 666 as the mark of the Antichrist. In America, the fundamentalist Christian right often use the number in sermons about the coming Apocalypse.

They and satanists responded coolly to the new "Revelation". Peter Gilmore, High Priest of the Church of Satan, based in New York, said: "By using 666 we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

This whole number confusion thing was obviously a trick of the anti-christ to further mask his identity.

What now we will have to see. There were great prostations from people about an area code being 666 for their phone number and them not willing to accept it but now it looks like the 616 people have been unknowingly cursed. LOL

Oh this satan is a wiley beast!

Punch 666 into google and all this crazy stuff comes up. For decades these believers have been saying that Europe would form one union and that was part of the prophecy. the beast with many heads I think. And then it did! Confirmation right?

And the EU built this huge Parlimentary Building in Stratsburg. It has seats for 679 delegates. But the purposely did not seat anyone in chair number 666. It is kept empty. All the other seats are asigned to specific delegates.

So who do you suspect they are saving seat number 666 for?

Yeah that's right. He will soon arrive and take his position at the EU, no doubt as the leader.

But what do they do now with seat number 616? Or maybe that guy is the anti-christ and he has been here all along. Freaky stuff man.

that it is 676... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

well, not really... I consider the entire Book of Revelation very much a suspect. I studied the history of early Christianity rather thoroughly (for a lay person) and have very little faith in the accuracy of the Gospels.

The idea of the Beast comes from hermetic (secret) knowledge of the Kabbalah tradition and refers to the great female dragon and her offspring. Study the legend of Lilith (one of the dragon's offspring). She was an ancient being changed into human form to be Adam's wife and populate the Earth. Because Adam wanted to dominate her in every way, she invoked the sacred (holy) name of God (to escape the creator lord - Brahma) and reverted to her original winged dragon (Naaga) form.

This is pretty heavy stuff, but it is a knowledge passed down as secret tradition in certain circles (including Mormons).

Guest guest

from my forehead! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I have to update this list:

666 number of the beast

668 neighbor of the beast

DCLXVI roman numeral of the beast

666.000 number of the high-precision beast

1010011 binary number of the beast

$665.95 retail price of the beast

$656.66 Wal-Mart price of the beast

Phillips 666 gasoline of the beast

Route 666 way of the beast

666 F oven temperature for cooking roast beast

666K retirement plan of the beast

666 mg recommended daily requirement of beast

6.66% 6 year CD rate at First Beast Bank ($666 min. deposit)

Lotus6.66 spreadsheet of the beast

Word66.6 word processor of the beast

666i BMW of the beast

666.HG.6666 URL of the beast

IAM 666 license plate of the beast

WD-666 spray lubricant of the beast

66.6 MHz FM radio station of the beast

666 KHz AM radio station of the beast

All the tattoos! LOL That is so funny. There are millions of them walkin' around. They thought they were big time beast worshippers but really they are just ordinary morons.

Oh the trauma. Now they will have to seek some beast tattoo reorientation therapy. This is Berkeley. It will start here.

They might be some good marketing ideas here for t-shirts and other beast stuff. A "re-beast yourself" booth on Telegraph? Beast up-grades? somethin'

The more I think about this the more hilarious it becomes. I just thought of all those evangelical christians who wrote books explaining how 666 the mark of the beast refered to the Pope. They had elaborate formuleas to back them up.

Now they find out it's 616 and that points to Oral Roberts.

Guest guest

gutter punk from Telegraph Avenue with a pentagram tattooed to his forehead, but I realised what a very small planet this is when I bumped into him in the U District of Seattle. Then I bumped into another gutter punk a week later. Man-oh-man, I can never leave Beserkeley........it follows me everywhere! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That reminds me of a good joke:

What do you call a homeless Hare Krishna?

(Move cursor below to see answer)

<font color="white">A gutter monk!</font>

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I went to grade school and junior high in Wallingford and used to haunt to U district with my little pack of delinquent friends.

Never saw the pentagram guy. But i know how that works. This guy from Honolulu who came to the temple, Maha-jan was his nickname. A little "eccentric" in some ways. I was riding in a greyhound bus and we were going through southern Oregon. In the middle of the dark woods far from even the smallest town a guy flags down the bus. Out of the darkness steps Maha-jana. No bag or anything like he had just stepped off a ufo and on to the bus.

Guest guest

in the atmosphere. Next time I visit Seattle I want to check out Harivilas' Govinda's Restaraunt. I hear they serve prasadam to the street people for free, donations accepted. Seems like a good endeavor, especially since the tragic move of the Deities to the 'burbs.

My fondest and most blissful temple days were when I was either serving in Govinda's or Food For Life. Those were definately the good ol' daze...... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif