IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Chaitanya Bhagavata by Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati

Rate this topic

I am going to put all the kandas, onto one file IF I can get some kind of permission. This contains The Commentary and Chapter Summary of Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja, with Translations of verses from Original Bengali by devotees.

It's also dedicated to Srila Prabhupada. Be nice for devotees to read it. Released so far by the Vrajaraja press. If I cannot get permission to make a Book file for off-line reading then, I won't do it! Here is the word file: Contains Adi-khanda. I got this off another a very kind Vaishnava. Anyway, sometimes I forget why I am putting these books on internet. It's not to vilify Copyright laws. But I am sure everybody is contributing in some way [Not jusy $$$] to Krishna Consciousness. And the more people these books reach the better. But I am still little worried about 'how far you can go'.

I thought about password protecting the books on PC. Then that defeats the purpose. So only option is give them out 'Free'. But hope people help Krishna Consciousness mission. I would like to see what Srila Prabhupada would say on this matter [interent] but internet was not around then. And looking at the downloads from the site, about 150 people downloaded the Bhagavad-gita. But this is great book distribution as well. So I am totally clueless. So I conclude what I am doing is ok. I hope Srila Prabhupada is pleased. Heres the link!!

http://www.krsnaconsciousness.org/CBADI.zip

Guest guest

Dear Pankaja prabhu,

I would like to congratulate you very much for putting this great text available on the Web. I can hardly wait for Madhya and Antya-khandas.

I don't think there is much of an issue with copyright so long as you acknowledge where you got it from. This text says that it is by Pundarika Vidyanidhi and is published by Vrajraj Press etc. But perhaps becaue this is a very big text then some permission will be necessary, but if the whole Adi-khanda has already been done then why care about permissions for the later two?

But thanks so much for putting this book on the Web, may Krsna heartily bless you. I have actually purchased all of the available printed books in the series but it is always more convenient to have the same on my PC so that I can easily look up something and quote from it rather than looking it up in different books.

So thank you very much again! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but if the whole Adi-khanda has already been done then why care about permissions for the later two?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am still making it presentable in book format, like I've been doing here:

http://www.krsnaconsciousness.org/Bhagavad-gita-as-it-is.exe

I didn't realize it would take me so long, and for some strange reason I seem to be doing it really slowly? Anyway I could always put adi-khanda up, then later make the others if I can. I'd rather set it up nicely then make a rush job [i never rush on presentation]. Not changing anything, but setting it out so people can read nice.

You will be shocked at how it looks. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Guest guest

I didn't realize it would take me so long, and for some strange reason I seem to be doing it really slowly?

That is Sacinandana's deliberate tactic; He wants you to immerse your mind in His lila while you write. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Jaya Sacinandana! He FORCES people to listen to His great glories!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd rather set it up nicely then make a rush job [i never rush on presentation]. Not changing anything, but setting it out so people can read nice.

That's great, and I'll look forward to it. Please take your time, as you are doing a very great service for devotees and the result will last a very long time. Just don't forget to announce it, please! /images/graemlins/smile.gif