IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Witch Maya.-Hare Krishna!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

Witch Maya.

From Biography of Bhaktivinoda Thakura by

Rupa-vilasa dasa [Disicple of Srila Prabhupada]

One day, when the boy went to eat star-apples in the garden near the parlor of his grandfather, he became frightened due to fear of a ghost that was reputed to stay there. Vachaspati Mahasaya described the forms of ghosts to him in some detail, and the boy became more frightened. However, he also had a strong desire to eat the star-apples. He then spoke to the mother of a friend who was reputed to be expert in the occult, and she told him that there is no fear of ghosts as long as one chants the name of Rama. By way of an experiment, the boy went to the orchard constantly calling out the name of Rama. He then became convinced in his heart that chanting the name of Rama was protection against ghosts. From that time on he was not afraid to go out at dusk, and when he did he constantly chanted the holy name of Rama. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura recalls, "At dusk I would always utter the name of Rama. When walking about in the streets and alleys I always chanted the name of Rama. I obtained such great satisfaction in my mind [from this] that for many days afterwards I took this medicine against ghosts. I heard that a ghost lived in the homa [sacrificial fire] building. Uttering the name of Rama, I chased the ghost away..."

http://www.krsnaconsciousness.org/Seventh Goswami.zip