IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is it wrong to pray?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If we pray, it means we are desiring. That is wrong. Also it would mean we aren't satisfied with what god has been giving us. That is also wrong. God is all-knowing, so why should we pray because he already knows what we want?

Can someone answer these 3 questions. Thanks.

Not all desires are bad. If you pray for the well-being of somebody, then why should it be bad? To take an example, if people are suffering from some natural calamity and you pray that their sufferings be reduced, then such a prayer is not bad.

Guest guest

but wouldn't god know already? I mean he is all-knowing, right? He doesnt need me to tell him what's going on. I feel guilty every time I pray, even if it is for spiritual blessings.

can also be offered for one's own spiritual upliftment, in fact, it is advised by the saints that a spiritual aspirant should pray regularly. Prayer is also offered to purify one's mind so that the worldly desires creep less and less in the mind. It can never be bad to pray!!!

Guest guest

"but wouldn't god know already? I mean he is all-knowing, right? He doesnt need me to tell him what's going on. I feel guilty every time I pray, even if it is for spiritual blessings. "

Take one step towards him and He will make 100 steps towards you. That one step takes effort - that one step is prayer and service. It is devotion. Love god and that is all, guest! Desire to love God more and more is the BEST of all desires - you are indeed blessed if you have such a desire.

So please don't feel bad to pray - do it with all your heart and feel the love! Eternal happiness - manjari.

Geek.

Guest guest

Chanting is also a prayer

Ask not what God can give to you, but what you can give to God.

Yes it is better to always pray for others than for ones self, you will find that the higher agents of divinity are praying for you.

Prayer is really just talking to God even if you don't hear the answers, they will often come to you in actions, learn to perceive Gods' fingerprints all around you, and be greatful.

This is the essence of prayer

O my Lord, Your holy name bestows auspiciousness upon all. And You have unlimited names such as Krsna and Govinda by which You reveal Yourself.

In Your many holy names You have kindly invested all Your transcendental potency. And in chanitng these names, there are no strict rules concerning time or place.

Out of Your cuaseless mercy, You have descended in the form of divine sound, but my great misfortune is that I have no love for Your holy name."

"One who is humbler than a blade of grass, more forbearing than a tree who gives due honor to others without desiring it for himself is qualified to always chant the holy name of Krsna."

"0 Lord, I have no desires to accumulate wealth, followers, beautiful women, or salvation.

My only prayer is for Your causeless devotional service, birth after birth.

O son of Nanda Maharaja, I am Your eternal servant, yet because of my own karma, I have fallen into this terrible ocean of birth and death. Accept this fallen soul and consider me a particle of dust at Your holy lotus feet.

"0 Lord, when will tears flow from my eyes like waves? And my voice tremble in ecstasy. When will the hairs of my body stand on end while chanting Your holy name?"

O Govinda! Without You, the world is empty. Tears are flooding my eyes like rain, and a moment seems like forever.

Krsna may embrace me in love or trample me under His feet. He may break my heart by hiding Himself from me. Let that debauchee do whatever He likes, but He will always be the only Lord of my life.