IndiaDivine.org

Every human being has seed of bhakti in their bodies but we only need to water it so

Rate this topic

krsna

Prison Preaching

Usually we preach about the Supreme Power of Godhead (Lord Krishna) in different ways to different sections of society by our own means and way through kirtan, lectures, visiting door-to-door, etc. In this way we only preach to limited sections of society. But in reality we don't cover hundred percent of the people in general. No doubt we often succeed in emphasizing them to make them spiritualists. As we all know, the majority of people are indulged in materialist life and some time we have to face much problems to get them out from this materialistic world. Even then we don't always succeed in changing their life style. Every human being has seed of bhakti in their bodies but we only need to water it so that it starts to grow and slowly slowly it becomes a Hari-Nama shaped big tree. We only need to water it by the means of chanting mahamantra:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

This is all we do for so-called good citizens. But still on the other hand there are people to whom we are still ignoring may be for one reason or the other.

Here I am focusing your attention about the people who are in prison. In reality we all are prisoners in this world. But only difference in actual prisoners and us is that the so called actual prisoners are in the inside the prison and the rest is outside the prison but in real we all are prisoners in this world. The prisoners are also a part of our society and hence we should not ignore them. Our society (International Society for Krishna Consciousness)

is making every possible effort to preach to people even in the hidden places like prison. So that when the prisoners will be set free they must be spiritual and never do the sinful activities in their life. These people deserve more to be preached. For example doctor only first attend the serious patients and rest later. In the same way we must preach first to the said people because they are actually serious. We appeal to all the devotees worldwide to start such type of preaching programs so that preaching must touch hundred percent coverage.

Hare Krishna.

Rajsuya das

General Manager,

Iskcon, Ludhian. India

CC Madhya 19.151:

brahmanda bhramite kona bhagyavan jiva

guru-krsna-prasade paya bhakti-lata-bija

brahmanda bhramite - wandering in this universe; kona - some; bhagyavan - most fortunate; jiva - living being; guru - of the spiritual master; krsna - of Krsna; prasade - by the mercy; paya - gets; bhakti-lata - of the creeper of devotional service; bija - the seed.

According to their karma, all living entities are wandering throughout the entire universe. Some of them are being elevated to the upper planetary systems, and some are going down into the lower planetary systems. Out of many millions of wandering living entities, one who is very fortunate gets an opportunity to associate with a bona fide spiritual master by the grace of Krsna. By the mercy of both Krsna and the spiritual master, such a person receives the seed of the creeper of devotional service.

CC Madhya 20.117:

krsna bhuli' sei jiva anadi-bahirmukha

ataeva maya tare deya samsara-duhkha

krsna bhuli' - forgetting Krsna; sei jiva - that living entity; anadi - from time immemorial; bahir-mukha - attracted by the external feature; ataeva - therefore; maya - illusory energy; tare - to him; deya - gives; samsara-duhkha - miseries of material existence.

Forgetting Krsna, the living entity has been attracted by the external feature from time immemorial. Therefore the illusory energy (maya) gives him all kinds of misery in his material existence.

CC Madhya 22.107:

nitya-siddha krsna-prema 'sadhya' kabhu naya

sravanadi-suddha-citte karaye udaya

nitya-siddha - eternally established; krsna-prema - love of Krsna; sadhya - to be gained; kabhu - at any time; naya - not; sravana-adi - by hearing, etc.; suddha - purified; citte - in the heart; karaye udaya - awakens.

Pure love for Krsna is eternally established in the hearts of the living entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, this love naturally awakens.

On his way to material world the soul is asked 3 times by Krsna (in the form of 3 Visnus) not to leave spiritual world and he can take shelter of any of Them.

Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati says in Brahma-samhita that when the souls emanate from Mahavisnu they can surrender to Him and live in Vaikuntha.

• 7 months later...

I wish that in my absence all my disciples become the bona fide spiritual master to spread Krsna consciousness throughout the whole world. (SPL Madhusudana, Nov. 2, 1967)

Regarding your question about the disciplic succession coming down from Arjuna, it is just like I have got my disciples, so in the future these many disciples may have many branches of disciplic succession. (Los Angeles, 25 January, 1969)

Every one of you should be spiritual master next. (Hamburg, September 5, 1969)

These students, who are initiated from me, all of them will act as I am doing. Just like I have got many Godbrothers, they are all acting. Similarly, all these disciples which I am making, initiating, they are being trained to become future spiritual masters. (RC Detroit, July 18, 1971)

You, all my disciples, everyone should become spiritual master. (London, August 22, 1973)

Every student is expected to become acarya. Acarya means one who knows the scriptural injunctions and follows them practically in life, and teaches them to his disciples... I want to see my disciples become bona fide Spiritual Master and spread Krishna consciousness very widely, that will make me and Krishna very happy... Keep trained up very rigidly and then you are bonafide Guru, and you can accept disciples on the same principle. But as a matter of etiquette it is the custom that during the lifetime of your Spiritual master you bring the prospective disciples to him, and in his absence or disappearance you can accept disciples without any limitation. This is the law of disciplic succession. (SPL Tusta Krsna, December 2, 1975)