IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

The Journey begins at the bottom and works upward.

Rate this topic

So where are you located on the map of spiritual life?

Can you identify your true location without a GPS -(Gaudiya Positioning System)?

If you think you're on top when in fact you're not

will that help you get closer to the goal of Krsna prema?

Guest guest

looks so complex /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but in fact love is so simple /images/graemlins/smile.gif often i feel to leave all religiosity and philosphy behind and just love Krsna.

I love simple visuals. It is easier for me to learn with them.

I also have a question on the controlled by materialnature box with the arrow pointing downward.

Is that saying that during the stage *of development * of sambandha-jnana one is not controlled even slightly by the moods of material nature?

I also see where I am at and it ain't that pretty. But at least I am not a rock.

"The Slippery way to degradation is charming at the very outset, apparently invigorating, is enriched with pseudo expectations, an apparent acquisition of chewing the cud of sweet dreams, a tantalized plane of seeming renunciation and a store-house of phantasmagoria or a high mansion of will-o-the-wisp. When false hopes are entertained and failure is realized suicide from the acme of the Everest will result and as one is falling he will meet obstruction by the uneven caves of hilly deserts. But the way of downfall from the transcendental plane is so very smooth, polished and lubricated and of marble that hardly any trace of resistance could be had during such a fall.

Krishna said to Arjuna "Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me". - BG 7.15

It has also been said by sadhus; "Enter by the narrow gate; for the other gate is wide and the way is easy but leads to destruction, and those who enter it are many".

Individuals, communities, large and small have fallen from their lofty positions. The great societies of the past i.e. Aryan, Greek, Roman, Atlantian etc. as well as powerful individuals situated upon lofty Sofas have come and gone. You may ask "what is the cause?" Some say bad management ( politics ) others say it was destined.

The many who have fallen down are of two categories;

1. Those who have fallen due to chasing illusions - the sense enjoyers, exploiters, etc.

2. The second group fell down ( re-birth ) from a plane of transcendence due to bad association and offenses to the holy name and the genuine sadhus. Both are products of Maya.

What have we learned?

What can I do?

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to transcendental life, and those who find it are few".

Sri Krishna has said: "And of all yogis, the one with great faith who always abides in Me, thinks of Me within oneself, and renders transcendental loving service to Me—is most intimately united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all. That is My opinion." - BG 6.47

The Point is "persons who do not render devotional service ( singing the holy name ) with genuine humility and neglecting their duty unto the primeval Lord, who is the source of all living entities, and who dwells in everyone's heart will certainly fall down from their constitutional position".

It is by great fortune that souls come to associate with and serve pure Vaishnavas on the path of bhakti-yoga (Krishna Consciousness). The ideal yogi ( devotee ) concentrates their attention on Krishna, who is called Syamasundara, who is as beautifully colored as a monsoon rain cloud, whose lotus like face is as effulgent as the sun, whose dress is brilliant with jewels and whose body is garlanded by forest flowers. Illuminating all sides is His gorgeous luster, which is called the brahmajyoti.

How do we render service to the Supreme Lord?

"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy, the only means of deliverance is the chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way then by chanting this Holy name of Krishna: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare ". - Brhan Naradiya Purana

In this Age of Kali, the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, is the incarnation of Lord Krishna. Simply by chanting the holy name one associates with the Lord directly. Anyone who does this is certainly delivered.

nama vinu kali-kale nahi ara dharma

sarva-mantra-sara nama, ei shastra-marma

In this Age of Kali there is no religious principle other than the chanting of the holy name, which is the essence of all Vedic hymns. This is the purport of all scriptures.

kaler dosa-nidhe rajann asti hy eko mahan gunah

kirtanad eva krsnasya mukta-sangah param vrajet

krte yad dhyayato visnum tretayam yajato makhaih

dvapare paricaryayam kalau tad dhari-kirtanat

"My dear king, although Kali-yuga is full of faults, there is still one good quality about this age: simply by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can become free from material bondage and be promoted to the transcendental kingdom. Self realization that was achieved in the Satya millennium by meditation, in the Treta millennium by the performance of different sacrifices, and in the Dvapara millennium by worship of Lord Krishna can be achieved in the Age of Kali simply by chanting the holy names, Hare Krishna." - Srimad-Bhagavatam 12.3.51-2

It is said in the last verse of Srimad Bhagavatam; "I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Lord, Hari, the congregational chanting of whose holy names destroys all sinful reactions, and the offering of obeisances unto whom relieves all material suffering".

In the Visnu Purana it is said:

dhyayan krte yajan yajnais-tretayam dvapare rcayan

yadapnoti tadapnoti kalau samkirtaya kesavam

"The supreme goal which was attained in Satya-yuga by years of prolonged meditation; in Treta-yuga by performing extensive yajnas; in Dvapara-yuga by opulent and scrupulous Deity worship; in Kali-yuga the same results are easily had simply by the chanting of the holy name."

As one vibrates the holy name the inner aspect of devotion gradually comes out then we shall be able to dive deep into reality. Our hearts approval will be harmonized with that of the revealed scriptures and the living saints. - BRSDG

In conclusion, when reflecting on history we cannot blame any one society, individual or the external environment for the fall of so-called civilized societies. What we can say is that the environment was "friendly" but as long as people maintain an exploitive attitude their vision remains cloudy and the result will be that individuals and societies will not have the ability to recognize the pure motivation of souls who represent the Supreme Lord and will not have enthusiasm to glorify the Supreme via his holy names.

"Time and tide wait for no man" therefore all things (Great Persons and Societies ) come and go.

Association with devoted souls and chanting the holy name, are everything.

Submitted for the pleasure of all the kind hearted devotees - Arijit Das

Everything I have read from Arijit over the years has been positive and inspiring, as well as nicely composed. It would be nice if he would post some articles on AF from time to time.

Are you out there Arijit?

Give me more capital

Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu says,

"0 lord of the universe, I only pray for spontaneous devotion to You without motive for any reward. I want a natural serving attitude."

Prema means affection, love. Prema means,

"I shall serve you, and in remuneration you must give me more of a tendency to serve you—more energy and more hankering to serve you. My affection for you will be enhanced and the interest will become capital just as in the money-lending business."

In this way, a devotee prays to Krsna,

"I am serving you, and if you want to pay me something, then give me more capital to increase my serving tendency so it may be more enhanced.

"Wherever I am born according to my karma, I aspire only for your service, my Lord, and I pray for unmoti-vated service, not for anything else in return."

The general temptation that surrounds us on four sides is of four classes: money, followers, women, and liberation, and that means dharma, artha, kama, and moksa. In this way, the gradations of different goals of life have been scienti-fically represented.

But Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu says,

"I have no attraction for any of these things, but only for You, my Lord. I don't even aspire after liberation. I will not even ask, 'Give me liberation, for, being liberated, I will be able to serve You better.'"

That sort of condition must not be placed on divinity. This is the purest of prayers:

"According to my karma, I may be bird or beast, here or there, or even in hell—it does not matter. My whole aspiration is concentrated on one thing alone: I pray that my attraction for You may never be lost. I pray that it may always be enhanced."

BY ARIJIT DAS

— There is Krishna and karsna. Krishna's mercy is embodied in pure devotees, who are known as karsna. The lotus feet of a Vaisnava guru represents the mercy of the Lord. Krishna is the priceless treasure enthroned in Sri Guru's heart. The Lord can easily give this treasure to those who have faith in and surrendered to his devotees. There is no other way to receive Krishna's grace than to serve and take shelter at the lotus feet of a Vaishnava. Sri Kaviraja Goswami discusses the importance of honoring the Vaishnava's remnants, using the example of Sri Kalidasa, the uncle of Raghunatha Dasa Goswami.

During Caitanya -Lila when the Bengali devotees of the Lord returned to Jagannatha Puri, a gentleman named Kalidasa, who was an uncle of Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, went with them to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Kalidasa had tasted the remnants of food of all the Vaisnavas in Bengal, even Jhadu Thakura. Because of this, he received the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri.

The entire story of how Kalidasa receives the mercy of the Vaisnavas and attracts Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu can be found in Sri Caitanya CaritAmrita, Antya - Lila, Chapter 16.

Antya 16.48

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the most exalted, omniscient Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore He knew that Kalidasa, in the core of his heart, had full faith in Vaisnavas.

Antya 16.49

Because of this quality, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu satisfied him with mercy not attainable by anyone else.

Note:

To honor the Vaisnava one attracts Sri Radha and Krishna and to dishonor the Vaisnava (ApaRadha ) one attracts Yamaraj and the Yamadhutas.

Submitted for the pleasure of the Vaisnavas - Arijit Das

That sort of condition must not be placed on divinity. This is the purest of prayers:

"According to my karma, I may be bird or beast, here or there, or even in hell—it does not matter. My whole aspiration is concentrated on one thing alone: I pray that my attraction for You may never be lost. I pray that it may always be enhanced."[/quote]:pray:

Guest guest

My journey began on top. I was god, lucifer, the being of light, so I got this kingdom. Now I see that top is bogus. Srila Prabhupada, like a good angel, slapped me down, removed this crown, before I drowned.

So I go the right direction, descending, seeking that very special place where the pure avadhuta vaisnavas hang, below the straw in the street.

That top we see with our eyes covered by the glitter is a reflection on the pool, up is down, down is up. So, if we be in di pool, head south.

Good pic of this in BGAII, original version.

Haribol, mahaksadaSA