IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Vrindavan

Healthy Prasadam ?

Rate this topic

It is true that temple diets don't agree with everyone's bodily temperment. Devotees often seem to eat way too much rich foods and empty calories in the form of sugar.

But there is full freedom to offer Krsna a very wide variety of preperations ans devise a diet that is in tune with our own requirements at the same time. It's not that Krsna will accept only Indian receipies.

One can be a raw food vegan, fruitarian or whatever. Or 90% with some percent being cooked. Alot of those Indian styled spices are also very healthy so we needn't think bland equals more spiritual or something like some do.

Since I get sick from grains or dairy a typical temple diet would kill me in short order, prasadam or not, so I just have to make my own arrangements. I don't think they will ever change at the local temples.

And not to mention all the rotten produce I have seen go into some preps cause it's "all prasadam in the end."

Even if you suggest using only ahimsa milk someone is bound to get angry and accuse you of being an offender of some sort.

that all temples cook that way? I know in our temple they use mostly organic products, and everything is really fresh. There are a ton of veggies and they are not rotten. The devotees don't look sickly and they don't eat super heavy everyday. At the Sunday feast, that is a different story. No one eats like that everyday.

I am sure that there are sadly more temples that cook food that is not that healthyfor devotees to eat everyday, but it is not all of them, and like the second poster said, it is all prasadam in the end.

Haribol

your temple sounds like someone really has it together. I was being a little sarcastic when I said it's all prasadam in the end. That is just the excuse I heard often.

People are all effected by different combinations of the modes of nature and surely there is enough variety to satisfy everyone. As long as it is fresh and sattvicAnd we allow for the differences of others.

Guest guest

oue temple has very fired up kitans during aratis....dev burn up the calories....and creamy subjis from last nite don't mattter cos we only eat at 9am....after an energetic morning from 4.30am....then is hard work on sankirtan until 4pm....which is lunch n super.

Guest guest

That's the way to do it big prolonged kirtan and a beautiful traditional KC feast is the perfect combination

let the ole bhaktas sit it out clapping on the edge

Mahaprabhus recipe for a happy healthy life.

If you die by 50 make sure it's in one of those kirtans, with every cell of your body made up of Krsnas mercy.

What a way to go.

Sounds like Prabhupada's prescription for perfection. Kirtan until the body gets tired and needs nourishment, then prasad then more kirtan.

Maybe this should be sent to that committee looking for ways to revive Iskcon.

Guest guest

with the program of fired kirtan then feast i think the dev will live past fifty....we have in our temple a head pujari who is 70....she has served here for more than 20 years....ghee an mah prasad included!!!!!!!!!!! and is in good health....then theres a 75year old male dev ...sings nice kirtan too and is very active....bottom line is to keep actively serving

meateaters have about a 77 year life span for women today in America. But the question the degree of health one has while here.

Being active is certainly a key and service is the highest action.

And what is this past 50 stuff. Mine's 53. You calling me an old man or something? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Maybe this should be sent to that committee looking for ways to revive Iskcon.

--------------------------------

Certainly! maybe you are kiddin'? with that maybe? send it off, they may learn something.

VdK.

Guest guest

This is the after effects of Xtreme healthy prasadam!

Posted Image

Who's that rollin in the enlivened exstatic dust?