IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Ego and Controlling Mentality, what to do?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

We all know because we are trying to be Independent Personalities apart from God, we are put into this situation.

As Bhakti-yoga practitioners, For me the controlling mentality is always seeping through. Generally I am not so controlling [Materially] but whenever I practice Bhakti-yoga, it manifests as control of devotees.

It says we are all Siksa Gurus of each other [to a point]. So my question is how do I maintain an equilibrium? I am worried about this.

Guest guest

It says we are all Siksa Gurus of each other [to a point]. So my question is how do I maintain an equilibrium? I am worried about this.

Don't know where IT says this, but my master taught we are all servants of each other, or from the same angle I am the only servant, everyone else is above and therefore master. The false ego is always looking for respect and praise so every time it comes to the door, tell it to remember Mahaprabhus Siksastakam prayers Trnad api sunichena etc. eventually it will withdraw to it's rightful place, with real dignity and self-esteem.