IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
asvattha

ASVATTHA LORD VISNU

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna !!!

PAMHO!

Please excuse my ignorance.Thats why im here with this questions:

About a year and half ago i found near a trash a plant in a little plastic container,somebody just trashed it in an ugly way.

I didnt recognised this plant to be an ASVATTHA plant.

He was given a better and much larger home,new earth etc.

I became very attuned to Him.

The plant its about 10 times bigger than it was and grows nicely.

Just two mounths ago surfing the net i recognised that this is indeed an Asvattha plant !!!

Theres anyone out there that can suggest some way of pleasing Asvattha ? Any offering suggestions ?

Any indication from Srila Prabhupad ?

I wonder how come that Srila Prabhupad never introduced the worshipping in the west since this plant was very much popular in the sixties and seventies.Am i wrong ? Did He ?

Or may be He knew those plant get VERY lange and TALL and we would not be able to keep up the service ?

Apart of any speculation i would be very thankfull for any info.

I have also a little diety of Srimati Laxmidevi that can finally get with Lord Visnu again.....

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Namo Nama

Srila Prabhupada Ki Jay

Y.S

Prem Aryo dd

Of all trees I am the holy fig tree, and among sages and demigods I am Narada. Of the singers of the gods [Gandharvas] I am Citraratha, and among perfected beings I am the sage Kapila.

PURPORT

The fig tree (asvattha) is one of the most beautiful and highest trees, and people in India often worship it as one of their daily morning rituals. Amongst the demigods they also worship Narada, who is considered the greatest devotee in the universe. Thus he is the representation of Krsna as a devotee. The Gandharva planet is filled with entities who sing beautifully, and among them the best singer is Citraratha. Amongst the perpetually living entities, Kapila is considered an incarnation of Krsna, and His philosophy is mentioned in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Later on another Kapila became famous, but his philosophy was atheistic. Thus there is a gulf of difference between them.

HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

The Lord was sitting, taking rest against a young banyan tree, with His right lotus foot on His left thigh, and although He had left all household comforts, He looked quite cheerful in that posture.

PURPORT

According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the Lord's sitting posture--keeping His back against the newly grown banyan tree--is also meaningful. Asvattha, the banyan tree, is so called because the tree does not die very quickly; it continues to live for many, many years. His legs and their energies are the material ingredients, which are five in all: earth, water, fire, air and sky. The material energies represented by the banyan tree are all products of His external potency and are therefore kept to His back. And because this particular universe is the smallest of all, the banyan tree is therefore designated as small, or as a child. Tyakta-pippalam indicates that He had now finished His pastimes in this particular small universe, but since the Lord is absolute and eternally blissful, there is no difference between His leaving or accepting something. The Lord was now prepared to leave this particular universe and go into another, just as the sun rises on one particular planet and sets in another simultaneously but does not change its own situation.

Satsvarupa: (break) ...but they would rather be non-devotees than work all day. They can say they are free.

Prabhupada: Yes. I offered that, that "What is this two thousand, 2,500 per month? Oh we can earn at any moment two thousand. So you become devotee; I excuse you of rent." They are not agreeing. (break) ...like an ass simply for sense gratification. Therefore it is warned in the Bhagavatam, nayam deho deha-bhajam nrloke kastan kaman arhati. (break) ...to respect the Vaisnava, to water tulasi, and this asvattha tree. These are bhakti items.

Nitai: Jaya, Srila Prabhupada. (end)