IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Dead Scientists

Rate this topic

Just in the last 4 years there have been 40 of the world's top micrbiologists murdered. Many more going back over the last ten years. These are the very individuals that would be called upon to protect mass populations from a biological attack of some kind.

The question arises is someone preparing to cull the worlds population down on a massive scale. This epidemic would not ruin the infastructure and be very hard to trace. And it might be the very people we would call upon to conduct such an investigation anyway.

The microbiology community is in a quiet panic and the only news story I have heard on this came from Coast to Coast.

I wouldn't put it past the demons that run this planet to simply spray all the major cities of the world with some bio-toxin one day.

Somehow we got stuck in the wrong virtual reality game. I don't remember signing up for this mess. I thought the disk said Svarga on the label.

whoops, forgot this: http://www.stevequayle.com/

If done by the terrorists it also may be surpressed to avoid panic. I, like many others, sense a controlling body beyond the apparent govt. So maybe them. I only heard about it listening to Coast to Coast while the break up of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Allston has been all over the news. I can see some demons wanting to cull 2/3 of the human population to make things more managable for control. I have been such a cynic for so long now that I can say and think that and consider it more then 60% probablity it's the shadow govt. and give the odds of terrorists about 30%. Leaving 10% for the unknown.

What's your guess?

you know what my guess is /images/graemlins/wink.gif but for others here let me quote a fellow sceptic:

"they want you to believe that behind every bush there is a terrorist... sure there is - and he is wearing a federal badge..."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/

Published: January 17, 2005 Author: Charles Crain

Many academics like Dr. Isam al-Rawi believe the insurgent attacks will continue well after the elections.

BAGHDAD — Isam al-Rawi, who marks down the dead in a datebook, can read back the details: a scientist killed on Dec. 21; the assistant dean of Baghdad's medical college killed on Christmas Day; a professor in Mosul killed on Dec. 26.

Al-Rawi, a geologist at Baghdad University and head of the Association of University Lecturers, says about 300 academics and university administrators have been assassinated in a mysterious wave of murders since the American occupation of Iraq began in 2003. About 2,000 others, he says, have fled the country in fear for their lives.

American and Iraqi officials say elections Jan. 30 will be one step toward ending the insurgency raging here. But scientists and academics have been under siege for more than a year and a half, and they fear the threat against them will continue. Doctors, scientists and academics — the educated elite who would be the foundation of a healthy economy and democratic society — continue to leave Iraq.

The attacks have caught the attention of the U.S. military and Iraqi security forces, but professors and university administrators say little progress has been made toward halting assassinations.

At the Ministry of Education, Abdul Rahman Hamid al-Husseini documents cases of murdered and intimidated academics. His numbers are far lower than al-Rawi's: 20 professors killed, more than 100 forced to flee. The precise number is impossible to pin down; al-Husseini's list omits victims confirmed dead by al-Rawi; al-Rawi includes people who do not work in academic fields, such as Ph.D.s working in government ministries.

Al-Husseini has met with American and Iraqi officials to discuss the problem and search for ways to end the campaign against academics. But with Iraqi security forces themselves the target of a bloody insurgency, law enforcement authorities have been at a loss to explain the assassinations of Iraqi academics. "We don't have a specific answer," al-Husseini says. "We don't know who's behind it."

The police "cannot protect themselves, so how can they protect us?" asks Khalid Joudi, the president of Baghdad's Al-Nahrain University. Promises that elections will bring relief ring hollow; Joudi remembers the hope he and his colleagues placed in the Iraqi interim government appointed in the spring.

"We were hoping with this government that things would improve, and they've gotten much worse," Joudi says.

Joudi says Iraq is already suffering an exodus of engineers, computer scientists and mathematicians.

In a country with distinct political, ethnic and religious fault lines, the university killings seem to follow no pattern. The dead have been Shiites and Sunnis, Kurds and Arabs, and supporters of various political parties. "They have a common thing: they are Iraqis," al-Rawi says.

Joudi says the motives for the attacks are varied — from score settling to terrorist attacks designed to weaken civil society. "Some of it may be personal," he says. "Just personal envy and hatred."

Extortion is another motive, al-Husseini says. Criminal gangs have kidnapped academics and other wealthy Iraqis for ransom and have threatened others. But, he says, some of the killings are designed to weaken Iraq by forcing its scientists and academics out of the country.

"There is a kind of campaign to make physicians leave the country," al-Husseini says, rattling off a list of medical specialties that are now understaffed in Iraq.

"We think it's politically motivated," al-Husseini says of the murder campaign. "Just to create a frustrating and disappointing situation among Iraqi college teachers and university lecturers."

The loss of some of Iraq's best minds has had an impact far out of proportion to the number actually killed or sent into exile, al-Husseini says, by depriving the country of its sharpest thinkers.

"Not because of the number of lecturers (killed)," al-Husseini says, "but because of their quality."

The persistence of the attacks has been a roadblock to the emergence of an open atmosphere on Iraqi campuses. Armed guards search visitors at Baghdad University's entrance. Professors and administrators must choose whether to work and travel with additional protection. Al-Rawi has chosen to forego such precautions, despite the risks.

"I deal with other human beings in a very normal way," al-Rawi says. "I can't deal with them normally if I'm carrying a pistol, or if I have guards behind me."

But Joudi, who has received death threats against himself and his staff, travels to and from his office with armed bodyguards.

Iraqi intellectuals see few signs the insurgency will end with elections scheduled for Jan. 30.

"The same forces will still be operating in Iraq, I think, after the elections," Joudi says.

Guest guest

Its amazing how Krsna controls these kind of people who want to kill others. And its also amazing that how our individual desires can grow out to such a massive scale as to killing millions of people only to fulfill our own desires. This is a little scary since I also have desires, and no matter how small, I fear that maybe in a couple of kalpas, if I don't check these desires, they can grow out to become just as demonic as Bush's.

Although I wouldn't single out Bush. All that Stalin Lenin Hitler and Mao did we can do. Conversely all that Jesus Christ or Srila Prabhupada did we can also do. It is a frightening thing to let one's senses rule unrestrained.

Maybe the best example is Hiranyakasipu. They say that the first murder is the hardest then it gets easier and one develops a taste for it. This is how it is. A little more leads to a little more and when we consider that we are eternal practically speaking there is no limit to the depravity that we could fall into.

It is very boggling that once the modern demons were Lord Brahma once:

"Both the Lord and the living entity, being qualitatively spirit soul, have the tendency for peaceful enjoyment, but when the part of the Supreme Personality of Godhead unfortunately wants to enjoy independently, without Krsna, he is put into the material world, where he begins his life as Brahma and is gradually degraded to the status of an ant or a worm in stool." (SB 9.24.58p.)

I wonder, if we were Lord Brahma himself once, then of course we must've worshipped the Lord back then, long long time(bodies) ago. Then we must have been devotees right? If that is the case, since the Lord Himself says that His devotee will never be lost, then does this mean we will again be fully eligible to reach Him ultimately?

"I wonder, if we were Lord Brahma himself once, then of course we must've worshipped the Lord back then, long long time(bodies) ago. Then we must have been devotees right?"

Our Brahma happens to be a devotee, but that is not a given. Krishna reveals the knowledge to build the Universe in a subtle way - through a voice in the heart of every Brahma. Some Brahmas may think that this is their own internal knowledge and their own internal voice, and thus embark on a non-devotional path.