IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Eyes Anointed with the Salve of Krsna Prema

Rate this topic

Guest guest

when I first saw Srila Prabhupada in person 1974 Rath fest I wondered If this guy is from another planet 'looks like yoda ' 'how come he's so beautiful' ? 'it's the eyes'

thanks for this picture ....it chokes me

In this age of Kali, real religious propaganda should induce people to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. This is possible for someone who is especially empowered by Krsna. No one can do this without being especially favoured by Krsna. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments in this regard in his Anubhasya, wherein he quotes a verse from Narayana-samhita:

"In Dvapara-yuga, devotees of Lord Visnu and Krsna rendered devotional service according to the principles of pancaratrika in this age of Kali, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is worshipped simply by the chanting of His holy names.', Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura then comments: "Without being empowered by the direct potency of Lord Krsna to fulfil His desire and without being specifically favoured by he Lord, no human being can become the spiritual master of the whole world. He certainly cannot succeed by mental concoction, which is not meant for devotees or religious people. Only an empowered personality can distribute the holy name of the Lord and enjoin all fallen souls to worship Krsna. By distributing the holy name of the Lord, he cleanses the hearts of the most fallen people; therefore he extinguishes the blazing fire of the material world. Not only that, he broadcasts the shining brightness of Krsna's effulgence throughout the world. Such an acarya, or spiritual master, should be considered non-different from Krsna--that is, he should be considered the incarnation of Lord Krsna's potency. Such a personality is krsnalingita-vigraha--that is, he is always embraced by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. Such a person is above the considerations of the varnasrama institution. He is the guru or spiritual master for the entire world, a devotee on the topmost platform, the maha-bhagavata stage, and a paramahamsa-thakura, a spiritual form only fit to be addressed as paramahamsa or thakura."

(C.C. Mad 25.9)

Guest guest

ok Krsna das prabhuji, now you have me reminiscing my limited association of our Srila Prabhupada, not one day or one moment goes by in life that I wish like anything that our beloved Srila Prabhupada had not left so untimely given the political climate and the issues present we struggle to deal with in proper fashion as Srila Prabhupad so expertly did 'with his Krsna conscious skills'as Jagat Guru

we are duty bound to distribute His Divine Graces mercy so fortunately given us -----thanks again

http://prabhupadaconnect.comprabhupada_golden_hue.jpg

0he! Vaisnava Thakura

by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura

(1) 0 venerable Vaisnava. 0 ocean of mercy, be merciful unto your servant. Give me the shade of your lotus feet and purify me. I hold on to your lotus feet.

(2) Teach me to control my six passions; rectify my six faults, bestow upon me the six qualities, and offer unto me the six kinds of holy association.*

(3) I do not find the strength to carry on alone the sankirtana of the holy name of Hari. Please bless me by giving me just one drop of faith with which to obtain the great treasure of the holy name of Krsna.

(4) Krsna is yours; you have the power to give Him to me. I am simply running behind you shouting, "Krsna! Krsna!"

* The six passions are those pertaining to words, mind, anger, tongue, stomach and genitals.

The six faults are overeating, attachment to material things, inability to follow regulative principles, sense gratification, useless idle talk, and impure habits.

The six positive qualities are enthusiasm in practicing devotional service, firm faith in devotional service, a strong desire to attain prema-bhakti, a favorable service attitude, avoidance of nondevotees, and appreciation of the company of devotees.

The six kinds of holy association are to go to an assembly of devotees, to invite devotees into one's home, to discuss and hear devotional topics, to take the prasada (spiritual food) of devotees and to offer prasada to devotees.