IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

History's Troubling Silence About Jesus

Rate this topic

Kulapavana I'm not really trying to make you believe in the UB, and I shouldn't.

The book does claim to be a revelation of the highest order. And if you read it you may not think that it was the handy work of human agencies.

Yes it certainly inspires me to connect to God, to maintain his consciousness in my daily life, to regard, treat and serve all as my brothers, and to respect all other approaches to the Ultimate, loving and Personal Godhead of all.

I'm here on this forum simply to connect to like-minded individuals, especially because I was born a Hindu, still consider myself a Hindu and have gotten to learn and respect a lot that is in the UB and other sources like that.

With respect and love,

there is a huge difference between receiving personal inspiration or even divine vision of transcendental pastimes through Lord in the Heart and receiving Vedas in the same manner. It is simply not done that way. The Urantia books effectively claim to be on the level of the Vedas, yet their origin is very dubious. A skilled writer and philosopher (on gross or subtle level) could have easily made such a presentation, motivated by any of the obvious reasons, including a desire to help others.

Yet, if this book truly inspires you in your spiritual life - it certainly is valuable, even if it is just fiction. However, I would NOT put it in the same category as the Vedas.

by "receiving the Vedas" I mean their origin, not realization of meaning.

I hope that clears it up, and I do agree with your statement above regarding the essence of the transfer of knowledge between guru and disciple.