IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is it wrong to worship Lord Kuvera

Rate this topic

Guest guest

because he's a demigod? Is it wrong to worship any god (for material benefits) other than krsna? WHat is everyone's view? I am not spiritual, not yet, but would like to experience wordly success before I become convinced and take the plunge. How about that?

Even though everything is Krsna's expression, it is far better to relate to him directly and not one of his agents.

Once you find Krsna, you would satisfy all your desires, including material ones.

So seek him first.

Hey, if you want material benefits, at least go to Mother Lakshmi. She far outranks Kubera. And also pray to Her Husband, Sriman Narayana, while you are at it. You will get benefits both material and spiritual. And the spiritual ones last longer, too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

There is one thing that you can request from the demigods, Krishna, they are very powerfull. Other things will not really help.

I am not spiritual, not yet, but would like to experience wordly success before I become convinced and take the plunge. How about that?

There is no such thing as wordly success. There is however the illusion of wordly success.

Before any business endeavor is undertaken a cost/benefit analysis is done to see if the endeavor is really worth the effort. You must weigh the possible gains against the known and unknown losses(as best you can). Only then is a decision to proceed or not is made.

Such careful consideration should be done on our life as well as our business.

Factors to consider must include inevitable death of the body and the loss of all "success" that we may obtain.

In contrast spiritual success is eternal and the benefits are always ours to keep.

But one needn't live like a monk to make spiritual progress. Forget the cave. Have a nice house and family if you like. Just chant in that house and help that family advance spiritually.

There is no opposition to doing both. The major question is what do you treasure most? Approaching Krsna or material success. For where your treasure is your heart will be also.

From Bhagavad-gita As It Is

Ninth chapter

BG 9.20: Those who study the Vedas and drink the soma juice, seeking the heavenly planets, worship Me indirectly. Purified of sinful reactions, they take birth on the pious, heavenly planet of Indra, where they enjoy godly delights.

BG 9.21: When they have thus enjoyed vast heavenly sense pleasure and the results of their pious activities are exhausted, they return to this mortal planet again. Thus those who seek sense enjoyment by adhering to the principles of the three Vedas achieve only repeated birth and death.

BG 9.22: But those who always worship Me with exclusive devotion, meditating on My transcendental form -- to them I carry what they lack, and I preserve what they have.

BG 9.23: Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way.

BG 9.24: I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down.

BG 9.25: Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship the ancestors go to the ancestors; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; and those who worship Me will live with Me.

BG 9.26: If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.

BG 9.27: Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer

------------------

Please use to link below to read Prabhupada's books on-line. Clicking on the verse number and chapter will take you to an elaborate purport on the verse as well as the original sanskrit.

Guest guest

I dont care if wordly success is an illusion, I still need it, that's all i know. I am not going to pretend I am spiritual. I want material success, illusion or not. Many people are counting on it. There is no time. I need to do this, not for myself but for others too. Many lives depend on my success.

Well like I said above:

But one needn't live like a monk to make spiritual progress. Forget the cave. Have a nice house and family if you like. Just chant in that house and help that family advance spiritually.

Nor do you need to worship some demigod to get wealth, afterall your Father is the King.