IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What's Vedic culture?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Seriously, I wonder what it means. What really is vedic or hindu culture? Does it pertain to spiritual matters alone, in the darkness of the caves? Or is it practical?

Guest guest

Can you tell me a bit more? How is it related to western culture and to the 21st century? I mean if vedas are poems sung by rustic rishis, then how are they going to be relevant to this time and age? It is a bit confusing, and I hope you can clear things up.

In the west vedic gets confused in our minds with accepting Indian culture,cooking, clothing,music etc. I like this question because it forces us to dig deeper and try to catch the essence.

From what I understand(from an outsiders perspective)is the vedic culture indeed emcompasses all levels of human society. It is very broad and very progressive in that it seems designed to always elevate the soul towards the next higher step.

But we must be most interested in the very essence of veda. Veda means knowledge. With all things being considered from medicine to martial and musical arts, what is the one thing that is absolutely indespensible to the soul? The most essential, the ultimate refined product, the quintessence of all knowledge? Bhakti. One who is solid in understanding this is a Bhaktivedanta.

Bhakti refers to that loving devotional mood of the eternal soul.

So while we learn to appreciate the general richness of Indian culture(and rich it certainly is), we would be wise to pay special attention to the ultimate distilled pure principle of veda, Bhakti.

Guest guest

vedic culture is essentially the bhagavad gita

or

how to make of our life a prayer, a meditation on the absolute devoting us, our duties, our social position to krsna without changing our occupation

this is called technically.. varnashrama dharma

or

vedic culture