IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Important question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had promised god (I might sound stupid, had just promised, but didn’t ask him anything in return) few years back that I would give 25% of my salary to God, give it to some temple.... I have saved 25 % money every month in a bank. Plan to give it to a good cause... I might go back to school probably in the next 10 to 11 months time to get higher degree. My parents were in a good position that time. So it was not necessary for me to give them money and now they are in need of money. I plan to save almost 60 % of the salary for my future education. Is it okay if I give them (parents) the remaining salary, so that they can use it for either paying bills etc. Currently this is the only service I can do to god instead of giving it to the poor etc, as he is also in my parents, apart from helping my parents in their day-to-day work. I really need money for my education, Since I will be going to school by next year, I really have to save more money in coming months...Will it be like breaking the vow? Once I complete my education, I can continue it...

I sometimes feel that I won’t be doing so (breaking the vow) as I will be giving it to my parents. Also I feel that serving god can be done in many ways.