IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
SubashRao

can somebody explain to me this picture?

Rate this topic

Is this one of the reasons why cows are special??

----------------

I believe she came out at the time of the churning of ksheerasaagara (kurmavataram). She is kamadhenu... she fulfills all wishes, like the Parijata. Ghee from her milk was to be used for offering into the fire... she is the mother of all cows.

if there are any errors in this, please correct me.

------

Guest guest

All details given by the previous respondents are adapted from puranic and other related documents.

The true explanation of all of these symbolic things that are so everpresent in our Hindu documents can best be explained by Realized masters from our community.

One Saint advised me of kamadhenu or the Divine Cow in this way:

The gods in their search for a selfless being, found only the Cow to fit that description, because it is the only animal that can literally provide milk for not only its calf, but for a whole community. All other animals will give enough nourishment just for its own offspring, unlike the cow.

Hence all the Gods and Goddesses decided to occupy a spot in the cow. On the tip of the nose is Ganesha, the two eyes are the Sun and Moon; on the flank sits MahaLaxmi; every hair on its body represents a Saint; the hairs on the tail represent a Sage; its urine is the Ganges; etc etc. Hence puja done to the Divine Cow is considered to be the puja of all Pujas. Because, doing puja to Vishnu or Shiva or any deity, is limited to that deity only. Puja to kamadhenu or The Divine Cow, Gow Mata, is puja to all deities, Sages and saints..the complete puja. hence also the sacredness of the cow, and the sanctity of its meat. The karmas resulting from the consumption of its meat is horrible to even think of.

Hoping this helps to explain this picture

Gopal (anngopal@hotmail.com)