IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why can't I feel the mercy of Krsna anymore?

Rate this topic

Why can't I feel the magic of KC anymore?

Like the very 1st time I honoured maha-prasad...

the 1st harinam on main street...

the 1st ratha-yatra...

Sri Arca Vigraha darsana...

the 1st Sunday feast...

the 1st holy dip into the Yamuna...

etc...

Where have I gone wrong to lose all taste

for that ever newer and newer blissful taste of pure Krsna Conciousness ???

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't worry. The feeling doesn't come from our hearts. It comes from Krishna; more specifically from Sri Radha. You should tell Them how distressed you are that you don't have the same feelings you used to; how it pains you that you don't have the ability to taste the same sweetness. Just remember that Sri Krishna is all-merciful and even if you can't feel Him with you, He is still with you; even if you can't taste His sweetness, still He is sweet... He will give you His mercy. He will show you how He loves you. Our relationship with Krishna is beyond that of normal human beings; even if you don't feel the same excitement as before, He knows you love Him; if you ask Him, He will do something so you can remember how He first charmed you, and you will feel the same old spark in your soul. Just give Him time to accomplish this. Even if you turn away from Him, even if your heart cannot yearn for Him, just remember, that if once you come to Him, if once you surrender to His feet, He will *remember* and He will take care of you forever; if you try to leave, He will drag you back by the hair; He will not let you be lost. You are His property. It is not the nature of a proprietor to allow His property to be lost. He will rescue you. He loves you. Don't worry.

Guest guest

After Mahaprabhus' flashing dharsan of Krsna He vowed to worship that moment of time His Ishta dev appeared to Him.

Maybe a hint of our predicament is to be found in this example....For a single moment holds eternity in it, and eternity holds every moment in it.

why not?

Ok let me see..

Gita I read I feel like I was doing something forbidden.!

Krishna Baby likes to steal and eat on His own. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ok so when you do it think its forbidden. Then watch how your minds feel blissful. Hope that make sense /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

Very nice answer, prabhu. Feelings of separation play a vital role in bhakti and we do indeed share them with our Swamini-Kishori Radhika. It's good to express such frustrations and longingss openly to Krsna, whatever they are. There need be absolutely no fear of decorum or proper/improper in this regard. Spontaneous emotional honesty is called for and will help develop a more personal intimate relationship with the Divine Couple.

Speaking directly from the heart is always best, for that's what Krsna most appreciates, however it may come out. Radharani often displays so many conflicting feelings at the same time that She appears to be a colorful exploding festival all by Herself, something Krsna finds both impossibly confusing and extremely attractive.

Of course, Srimati has many close girlfriends who understand, empathize and support Her love for Him. Sadly, we sometimes find ourselves alone and unable to share our innermost selves with anyone. Guru should appreciate and affirm us concerning these things, for confiding them can build a closer more personal relationship with him/her as well.

Guest guest

Yes, we have a secret love that burns a hole in the heart, forcing us to abandon ourselves, leaving a kind of painfullly confused madness in His wake. Krsna establishes order merely as His duty, but He's actually the cause of chaos for His devotees. We see how much trouble He caused as a child, with Mother Yasoda sometimes at her wit's end. That's what it's really all about, prabhus! Love ain't easy and certainly will never be regulated. She comes and goes, sometimes bringing apparent devastation. The real process of bhakti isn't an actual 'process' at all...

Of course, Srimati has many close girlfriends who understand, empathize and support Her love for Him. Sadly, we sometimes find ourselves alone and unable to share our innermost selves with anyone.

----

Just as Radharani's confidantes are as close to Her as Her own life, so too are those we are able to confide our deepest emotions; these valuable people are few and far between who will not unthinkingly give their own opinion of your feelings more value than your well-being. These precious people are Krishna, Radha, and guru... by Krishna's grace sometimes we also find perhaps a sister soul we can confide in. This is our only real family.

Guest guest

Yes, prabhu...I well remember Srila Prabhupada saying that our real family and friends are in the spiritual world. So what are we to each other here? Guess that depends on where we're coming from, consciouswise I mean.

Devotees are very special people, that must be assumed even when we may not be capable of appreciating others. The highest service is of course pure love, as exemplified in Srimati Radharani. It's not just Her relationship with Krsna that we worship, the "mood of the gopis" also includes their personal relationships with each other.

This devotion is our real object of worship and in time, through connecting postively with that reality, we hope some may rub off on us. The test inevitably comes down to how much we care for one another, as well as how that caring is applied.

I find your heartfelt sharing to be a blessing... Prabhupada also said that simply stating "God is great!" can be beneficial, depending on where it's coming from and how it's expressed. Christians often like to remind us that we are loved by God or Jesus. Said out of love, by an obviously loving person, even that most basic truth can become a blessing in itself.

Krsna is certainly great, but His female counterpart means far more to us, for Her love attracts and controls Him. My prayer is that we can come to manifest just a small drop of that perfect love in all our interpersonal relationships, recognizing what we really mean and can be to each other.

Worship of the Panca-Tattva includes Gaura bhakta vrnda, the family of Sri Gauranga's devotees. The Supreme as simultaneously one-and-different can only be seen as absolute truth if realized everywhere, in everyone and everything. First and foremost, devotees need to express this basic understanding in their relationships together, then hopefully extend it to the greater populace.

At that point our genuinely spiritual foundation will become permanently solidified for Lord Sri Krsna-Caitanya's sankirtan movement to build on universally, as He no doubt wants it to be. Rather than dwell on so many perceived problems in the movement we can do little or nothing about, much better to concentrate on how we relate one-on-one right here and now.

Guest guest

I have lived my whole adult life with that feeling. Stagnation.

Too much knowledge gained from Prabhupada's books to go backwords and just chuck it all and be the hedonist that my mind really wants to be. No desire to act in love for Krsna's service and the well-being of the other conditioned souls.

I tred water.

I need an overwhelming act of mercy from the Lord. Maybe in the form of being able to accept the mercy so far presented which I have thus far shunned in favor of the road of pretense.

Whatever it may be I need a miracle NOW to get over this hump.

If Lord Caitanya would kindly just pick me up and open my heart. But that seems to be for others.

In the Srimad Bhagavatam we learn of Narada muni seeing Krishna in a previous life for only a moment and then Krishna's going away. This was to increase his desire to see krishna and thus to act in such a way as to become qualified.

In Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu his life and precepts Bhaktivinode Thakura mentions a curtain of maya and how Krishna can lift it or put it back depending on his will. We can pray for Krishna to lift this curtain. I was fortunate to have it lifted somewhat when I went to Vrndavana only to have it lower again after I left. I did not even realise how this happened until afterwards.

Krsna dasa's desire to see Krishna the Supreme will certainly be fulfilled. Unless he "bloops" of course.(just kidding) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I felt stagnant my whole life, till I got the mercy of Krishna though a certain devotee... maybe, just maybe, if I pray for you, some of her/Krishna's mercy will come to you as well. I don't have any qualification, but that I once got mercy from a great devotee, so hopefully my prayers will have some effect.

I hope you will also plead MY case before Him!

Your servant,

~me~

If Lord Caitanya would kindly just pick me up and open my heart. But that seems to be for others

---------------------

Just ask Him. And after you ask, give Him some time to make arrangements for you. Very soon you will come to Him...

Just think back, have you ever made a single decision in your life, which at the time seemed insignificant, but later turned out to be THE definitive moment in your life? I have had one such moment.

I was feeling that spiritual stagnancy; everything in black and white. I had talked to God about this; at the time I was going to a Christian church. People encouraged me to love Jesus. I would say to Jesus; "Why don't I love You? Why don't I feel anything? Is there something wrong with me? Am I a big sinner? Is that it? What's wrong with me? Help!!"

And here is the defining decision of which I speak; I was at a friend's house, and I wanted to borrow a movie. He said, "Oh I have this Irani movie, and this Indian movie, which one do you want?" I picked the Indian movie. Believe it or not, that decision affected the rest of my life...

I started liking Indian movies; even though they can be cheesy something about them stuck with me... I met my husband when I was looking at Indian movies in the rental store. He saw me checking out a DVD and said, "Oh, you know what that is? Really?"... We married a few months later.

My husband had some audiocasstes of Prof. Prema Pandurang's discourses (on Geeta and Bhagavatam). Her name, Prema, is very appropriate. She has such a strong devotion; I really feel she must be an otherworldly person of some kind... her love is so strong. Anyway, I guess that was some grace of Bhagavan to allow me to hear her speak, because the first time I entered the temple, and saw Krishna standing there...

Well, the dam broke... stagnancy ended... this is the Person I've been searching for my whole life... from black and white to full-spectrum... that's Krishna.

Just ask Him, He will give. It might take some time. From the time I really gave up, and truly realized it is all in His hands, and I asked for help, to the time I looked into Krishna's eyes, and felt *something* was... I suppose three years. Anyway, He has to mentally prepare you for that moment, depending on your mindset. He will do it as fast as He can. Just trust that He knows what He is doing, and He will take care of you. Just give Him time to prepare you, and know that all those days spent with an empty heart, are more than worth the joy of that moment when your heart first melts before Him.

Sorry if you feel I am revealing too much of myself here, but I think you might have needed to hear this...

~me~

Yes I did need to hear that. For over 3 decades now I have seen others just step up to the process and take off, leaving me in the dust. It used to bother me but now I have learned just to wish them Godspeed and hope for their eccelerated advancement to continue. I have substantially improved. Obviously I had a problem in that area that needed extensive work.

But it is not possible to have to spend 30 years on each of my own individual issues. Many many births and deaths will come and go in that process plus I will simply be creating more problems along they way. There is no end in sight.

I need something more dramatic I think. A real internal transformation.

Patience has never lived with me so I am sure that is a measure of the problem.

Sometimes I think of Srila Prabhupada and his untiring work to free the conditioned souls. Or Christ's willing sacrifice. I am left dumbfounded as to their one pointed determination and drive. I wonder what drove them. The answer is ACTUAL love for God and other living beings. I can repeat that but I still don't understand what it means.

Well I will just plug along

as there is no other direction to head in anyway.

Haribol soul

Just remember, Krishna's love IS unconditional. It transcends karmic reaction... just love Him, he will accept. It doesn't depend on your actions, no matter how many times people say it does. Just love Him. Don't get overworked about sacrifice and "doing the right thing." Love Him first, and the rest will come...

Guest guest

I sure hope that is true because if you need to leave behind a certain amount of temples or have distributed a certain amount of books in order to return to Godhead then I am in big trouble.

"Because the plot thickens everyday as the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away but I know, there's a picture beneath."

Guest guest

I apologize if my post offended you. Didn't mean it in any offensive manner. Closest thing I have to a temple is a beat up old RV where I keep a bookcase full of Prabhupada books and one time I tried to give some of Prabhupada's books to some of my family they burned the books. Pretty much killed my enthusiasm for book distribution right there on the spot. I don't know if I can still make it home but I thought it said somewhere in Prabhupada's books that even just chanting alone is enough and that's what I am counting on.

"Because the plot thickens everyday as the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away, but I know there's a picture beneath."

Guest guest

Krsna asked:

<font size=3 color="red">Why can't I feel the magic of KC anymore?

Like the very 1st time I honoured maha-prasad...

the 1st harinam on main street...

the 1st ratha-yatra...

Sri Arca Vigraha darsana...

the 1st Sunday feast...

the 1st holy dip into the Yamuna...

etc...

Where have I gone wrong to lose all taste

for that ever newer and newer blissful taste of pure Krsna Conciousness ??? </font>

Good question, which I am sure many people are asking.

There can be a few answers depending on the person.

People come to Krishna consciousness from various previous situations. For instance: if you were in a desert without water for a period of time, you would develop tremendous thirst. Your consciousness would be thinking of nothing but water to satiate your overwhelming need. Cars, money, sex, position etc, would mean very little, water would mean everything.

Once you were rescued and given water, the experience of relief from thirst and anxiety would be tremendous and intoxicating.

For the immediate future, everytime you would drink water it would be very special, this is because it would sub consciously remind you of when you had no water, and the relief and ecstacy that water gave you when you most needed it, water saved you from dying of thirst.

But after awhile that would change. Water would go back to being just another liquid you drink. It would no longer hold that ecstatic quality that is possessed when you were dying of thirst, you become used to it. The specialness of it is lost due to your familiarity with it.

It's like a vaccine for a virus. A virus develops immunity to that vaccine, and then stronger, newer vaccines are needed to combat it.

Or a drug addiction. By constant use, after a while the drug no longer gets the addict "high". Heroin addicts are well known for this phenomena. They do not take Heroin to get "high", they take it to keep from getting sick from withdrawal. Your body develops an immunity to the "high" effect of Heroin, but if you stop you expereince great pain.

So this is a common experience among most converts to a religion, or from atheist or agnostic to a religion.

At first the relief one experiences is like a man dying of thirst in the desert who is resecued. You experience an overwhelming bliss by discovering the eternal nature of the soul in relation to Krishna. That original blissfull state also goes along with the associate cultural aspects of that revelation.

But after a while it becomes part of you, it is no longer a new revelation, no longer water to a man dying of thirst.

It seems many times devotees will blame themselves for this phenomena. They will blame themselves for not being renounced enough, not reading enough, not chanting enough, etc.

Oftentimes many devotees strive to re-experience that original blissful state by going to extremes of renunciation, and sadhana.

Still all to no avail.

The bliss that one experiences when one first realizes the truth of Krishna consciousness is a special kind of bliss. It has to do with escaping the world of darkness, escaping the desert of thirst, escaping death. That bliss is more about liberation then it is about anything else.

It was at that point that you became liberated from the material conception of life. You no longer feared death, you saw life in terms of eternity and bliss as your destination, whereas before you saw maybe only death and or uncertainty. At the time you first became a devotee a major transformation was occuring within your psyche. You went from an "outsider" to an "insider" in your view of God and the universe.

So the question is: how do you get that feeling of bliss derived from becoming liberated from material bondage, back ?

Unless you lose faith completely and then regain it, you cannot experience that liberating bliss again. It is a unique kind of bliss. Unique because it is all about becoming liberated from ignorance and fear.

The ananda that is described as promised to the devotee, is of a different quality then the liberating experience.

Although the basis for the two are grounded in the same idea i.e that we are destined for eternal bliss with Krishna.

The soulution is to develop your relationship with Radha Krishna. To actually become Krishna conscious, i.e conscious of Krishna.

<font size=3 color="green">Sri-havir uvaca

sarva-bhutesu yah pasyed

bhagavad-bhavam atmanah

bhutani bhagavaty atmany

esa bhagavatottamah

Sri Havir said: The most advanced devotee sees within everything the soul of all souls, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna. Consequently he sees everything in relation to the Supreme Lord and understands that everything that exists is eternally situated within the Lord.

Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.2.45)

Bhagavad Gita 6.19-30

As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist, whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on the transcendent self.

In the stage of perfection called trance, or samadhi, one's mind is completely restrained from material mental activities by practice of yoga. This perfection is characterized by one's ability to see the self by the pure mind and to relish and rejoice in the self. In that joyous state, one is situated in boundless transcendental happiness, realized through transcendental senses. Established thus, one never departs from the truth, and upon gaining this he thinks there is no greater gain. Being situated in such a position, one is never shaken, even in the midst of greatest difficulty. This indeed is actual freedom from all miseries arising from material contact.

One should engage oneself in the practice of yoga with determination and faith and not be deviated from the path. One should abandon, without exception, all material desires born of mental speculation and thus control all the senses on all sides by the mind.

Gradually, step by step, one should become situated in trance by means of intelligence sustained by full conviction, and thus the mind should be fixed on the self alone and should think of nothing else.

From wherever the mind wanders due to its flickering and unsteady nature, one must certainly withdraw it and bring it back under the control of the self.

The yogi whose mind is fixed on Me verily attains the highest perfection of transcendental happiness. He is beyond the mode of passion, he realizes his qualitative identity with the Supreme, and thus he is freed from all reactions to past deeds.

Thus the self-controlled yogi, constantly engaged in yoga practice, becomes free from all material contamination and achieves the highest stage of perfect happiness in transcendental loving service to the Lord.

A true yogi observes Me in all beings and also sees every being in Me. Indeed, the self-realized person sees Me, the same Supreme Lord, everywhere.

For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.</font>

You will see Krishna everywhere when you can become fully conscious that everything in your environment i.e what you see, hear, think, feel, etc is all completely comprised of, and constantly controlled by Krishna. At the point of full awareness of this fact, then Krishna can reveal that control at any time or at all times.

It's synchronicity taken to an extreme. Think of everything you experience as being a potential vehicle for communication directly to you. Instead of seeing the various phenomena within your field of conscious awareness as being independent or chaotic, think of everything being conducted like a symphony. Try to see everything within and without as being willfully and purposefully arranged to happen exactly as it is happening.

When you can see reality in this way, then you are ready to see Krishna everywhere. Instead of simply seeing this action by that person and that action be this person etc, you will be in a position to allow Krishna to reveal the factual true nature of reality, directly to you.

It's like if you are watching a television program and the actors or whatever are saying their lines, the director controls what they are saying, he arranged for the writers to write what they wrote, he arranges everything about the show, and then what is being acted out and spoken is directly meant for your entertainment.

The entire world is a television show, everything has been scripted out, and if something hasn't been, it is still being written and controlled by Krishna, there is absolutely no indepedent initiative by anything in this world. When we can become constantly aware of the fact that Krishna is the director controlling the production that is this world, when we can bring this understanding into our constant awareness, then the world can change.

Imagine being in a virtual reality chamber. The matrix of the reality in that chamber is controlled by a computer. An apple can appear in mid "air", anything can happen, the person who controls the computer simulation can literally do anything. The contoller of the simulation can change what is happening to you from moment to moment. If you are in ignorance that you are in a virtual reality, then you cannot appreciate the controller, and he cannot show you the extent of his powers.

This world is exactly like that.

Besides the external there is the internal. When we can disassociate ourself from the idea of being in control of our thoughts or our mind, then the real controller of the mind can let you see the truth, you can be shown the reality of the mind. The mind is an amazing thing. We have no control over it, yet we identify the mind with our self. If we can stop that, simply remember that whatever thoughts you experience are not you, nor are they controlled by you, then the truth can be shown to you. The thoughts can change, they can reveal their true origin.

Sri Krishna states in the Bhagavad Gita

<font size=3 color="green">7.4 Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego — all together these eight constitute My separated material energies.

13.6-7: The five great elements, false ego, intelligence, the unmanifested, the ten senses and the mind, the five sense objects, desire, hatred, happiness, distress, the aggregate, the life symptoms, and convictions — all these are considered, in summary, to be the field of activities and its interactions.

One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees.

PURPORT by A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami

This body is made by material nature under the direction of the Supersoul, and whatever activities are going on in respect to one's body are not his doing. Whatever one is supposed to do, either for happiness or for distress, one is forced to do because of the bodily constitution. The self, however, is outside all these bodily activities. This body is given according to one's past desires. To fulfill desires, one is given the body, with which he acts accordingly. Practically speaking, the body is a machine, designed by the Supreme Lord, to fulfill desires. Because of desires, one is put into difficult circumstances to suffer or to enjoy. This transcendental vision of the living entity, when developed, makes one separate from bodily activities. One who has such a vision is an actual seer.

Bhagavad Gita 13.32

Those with the vision of eternity can see that the imperishable soul is transcendental, eternal, and beyond the modes of nature. Despite contact with the material body, O Arjuna, the soul neither does anything nor is entangled

The bewildered spirit soul, under the influence of the three modes of material nature, thinks himself to be the doer of activities, which are in actuality carried out by nature

TRANSLATION

For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me

PURPORT

A person in Krsna consciousness certainly sees Lord Krsna everywhere, and he sees everything in Krsna. Such a person may appear to see all separate manifestations of the material nature, but in each and every instance he is conscious of Krsna, knowing that everything is a manifestation of Krsna's energy. Nothing can exist without Krsna, and Krsna is the Lord of everything — this is the basic principle of Krsna consciousness.</font>

I sure hope that is true because if you need to leave behind a certain amount of temples or have distributed a certain amount of books in order to return to Godhead then I am in big trouble.

---------

Krishna's is not a businessman. He doesn't care for all these things; only the love that goes with them. If you can't sell books and all these things, fine; just remember Him when you are doing *whatever you are doing* and offer it to Krishna.

Even if you do it badly, just do it for Him. He will appreciate it. He just want you to think of Him and love Him. He is very simple. He doesn't want anything from you; only love. That's all

- Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura -

Jaiva Dharma -

Chapter 12 entitled "Nitya Dharma":

Conditioned souls in human bodies display three stages of consciousness:

1. budding consciousness

2. blossoming consciousness

3. fully blossomed consciousness.

There are five kinds of human beings:

1. immoral people

2. atheists who follow moral principles

3. people who believe in God and follow moral principles

4. people engaged in practical devotional service (sadhana-bhakti)

5. people engaged in loving devotional service (bhava-bhakti).

Thus the categories are: people who because of ignorance or because of improper knowledge become atheists, the immoral people, the moral atheists, the moral people who have a little faith in God, the people who believe in God, the people who, following the rules of the scriptures, engage in sadhana-bhakti (devotional service in practice), and the people who have attained love for God and thus engage in bhava-bhakti. The immoral people and the two kinds of atheists are situated in the stage of budding consciousness. The people who believe in God and the people engaged in sadhana-bhakti are situated in the stage of blossoming consciousness, and the people engaged in bhava-bhakti are situated in the stage of fully blossomed consciousness.

"When a soul wandering from one species to another in the material world sees a Vaisnava filled with the nectar of devotion to Lord Hari, he becomes attracted to follow that Vaisnavas. By chanting the holy names of Lord Krsna, that soul gradually renounces materialism, and in the end he regains his original spiritual form. In that form he enjoys the pure and sweet nectar of the spiritual mellows of direct service to Lord Krsna."

When one is released from Maya's prison, that is called 'liberation'. To attain liberation one must associate with saintly devotees of the Lord. When he attains liberation, the soul regains its original spiritual glory. That kind of liberation should be sought. In Srimad Bhagavatam (2.10.6) it is said:

"Liberation is the permanent situation of the form of the living entity after he gives up the changeable gross and subtle material bodies."

When the soul is released from Maya's prison, at the moment he is at once liberated. However, when he is thus situated in his original form, the soul begins to perform an endless series of spiritual activities. The soul's first need is to perform these duties. It may be said that liberation puts an end to a great host of sufferings. However, beyond that, liberation brings with it spiritual bliss.This is described in the following words of Chandogya Upanisad (8.12.3):

"Then the soul leaves the material body and goes to the effulgent Supreme Personality of Godhead. The soul then regains his original spiritual form and in that form he enjoys many pastimes, eating and playing with the Supreme Personality of Godhead."

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

My regards to all Devotees.Today I saw this thread and believe me I was forced to read it.

There was some choking sensation I felt and when I read replies posted by "Vanamali" I was in tears.

I don't have words to appreciate all the people.

But definetely HE is THE ONE.

whenever I feel I can no longer feel HIS mercy...Where has HE gone??.......... till I m so distressed....then suddenly HE will do something to show HE is here with me only.

And then I start loving him more than before.

Two days back only I found this wonderful site which is one of example of HIS mercy.

Radhey bol ...Radhey bol ....Vridavan ki galiyon main!!

Radhey bol ...Radhey bol ...Vrindavan ki galiyon main!!

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saravati Goswami

The idea of an organized church in an intelligible form, indeed, marks the close of the living spiritual movement. The great ecclesiastical establishments are the dikes and the dams to retain the current that cannot be held by any such contrivances. They, indeed, indicate a desire on the part of the masses to exploit a spiritual movement for their own purpose. They also unmistakably indicate the end of the absolute and unconventional guidance of the bona-fide spiritual teacher.