IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Atheists

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First off, before anyone thinks of accusing me of being an atheist, I'M NOT!

Anyway, I was thinking.. lets say there is someone who doesn't believe in God. But he's a moral person and follows moral principles (like most of what devotees follow - other than thinking of Krishna though), would he become more spriritual in his next life?

Guest guest

maybe yes.. pure spirituality needs to be practised starting from the plane of satva guna

sri buddha came for this purpose.. :

remain atheist but at least be satvik (no eating meat, no intoxicants, not illicit sex, no gambling)... in the next life let us hope for god's mercy, that, added to your behaviour, will bring you to realization

this is the essence of buddhism

Guest guest

Prabhupada said in one lecture in Australia, how can a man know how to do good? What is his measure of 'doing good?'

A guest replied, oh, if he sees one old lady crossing the road she gets knocked over and he/she helps her is that not good for the sake of doing good?

Basically prabhupada replied....'No!'

How do you know pure good, how do you measure what is good and not and that is..... Have you pleased the Lord Hari!

It is fundamentaly down to Karma, Unless your friend is serving Krsna & Radha and doing some form of seva then no they will not get a good birth in the next life.

And even then you are not guaranteed to get a human birth. You can't do deals with Krsna.

Guest guest

Nothing is real, not god, not even so-called morality which is just a mental concept. Everything is a lie, which your parents, teachers, books and TV have been feeding you. Do not fall for this. Nothing is real. Understand that. Follow the negative path, where there is no sunshine, where everything is dark and gloomy. That alone is real, my friend. Everythng else is just a comforting illusion, conjured up by man to deceive himself. And god is one such illusion.

The "real" world is sunny *and* dark, negative *and* positive.

There is a third choice between these pairs of opposites...

You can escape pleasure and pain if you wish....

Guest guest

.,all this talk of Rama Krsna , They never existed

God doesnt exist only the devil exists ,one can see that

in everyday life ,people are basically evil and God is just

a bloody illusion ,cant people see that???????

Guest guest

Nastika. Unless, of course, you're merely a troll, passing yourself off as a formerly religious person.

<<< .,all this talk of Rama Krsna , They never existed

God doesnt exist only the devil exists ,one can see that

in everyday life ,people are basically evil and God is just

a bloody illusion ,cant people see that???????>>>

Okay, Nastika, let me tell you something.

Bad things happen. This is not the first time someone has suffered torture in the world. Maybe this is the first time you are seeing it. Okay, the devil exists, there is no god. People are basically evil. Do you feel better?

What can make you feel better, my dear? What? What you do want from Him?

Why, when you see how terrible the worst part of life is, do you want to renounce the only part that is still beautiful??

Why, when these things make you so sad, and your soft heart is in pain, you want to put yourself in more pain? It's like saying, "OH! My legs got cut off! Let me cut off my arms also, then I will feel better."

bhajagovindaM bhajagovindaM

govindaM bhajamuuDhamate .

------------------

naliniidalagata jalamatitaralaM

tadvajjiivitamatishayachapalam.h .

viddhi vyaadhyabhimaanagrastaM

lokaM shokahataM cha samastam.h .. (4)

The life of a man is as uncertain as rain drops trembling on a lotus leaf. Know that the whole world remains a prey to disease, ego and grief.

yaavadvittopaarjana saktaH

staavannija parivaaro raktaH .

pashchaajjiivati jarjara dehe

vaartaaM ko.api na pRichchhati gehe .. (5)

So long as a man is fit and able to support his family, see the affection all those around him show. But no one at home cares to even have a word with him when his body totters due to old age.

yaavatpavano nivasati dehe

taavatpRichchhati kushalaM gehe .

gatavati vaayau dehaapaaye

bhaaryaa bibhyati tasminkaaye .. (6)

When one is alive, his family members enquire kindly about his welfare. But when the soul departs from the body, even his wife runs away in fear of the corpse.

----

aNgaM galitaM palitaM muNDaM

dashanavihiinaM jataM tuNDam.h .

vRiddho yaati gRihiitvaa daNDaM

tadapi na muJNcatyaashaapiNDam.h .. (15)

Strength has left the old man's body; his head has become bald, his gums toothless and leaning on crutches. Even then the attachment is strong and he clings firmly to fruitless desires. (Stanza attributed to Hastamalaka).

------

bhagavad.h giitaa kiJNchidadhiitaa

gaNgaa jalalava kaNikaapiitaa .

sakRidapi yena muraari samarchaa

kriyate tasya yamena na charchaa .. (20)

Let a man read but a little from Gitaa, drink just a drop of water from the ganges, worship murari (govinda) just once. He then will have no altercation with Yama. (Stanza attributed to dR^iDhabhakta).

punarapi jananaM punarapi maraNaM

punarapi jananii jaThare shayanam.h .

iha saMsaare bahudustaare

kRipayaa.apaare paahi muraare .. (21)

Born again, death again, birth again to stay in the mother's womb ! It is indeed hard to cross this boundless ocean of samsara. Oh Murari ! Redeem me through Thy mercy. (Stanza attributed to Nityanatha).

Guest guest

Nothing is real,

Well if that's true, then even this post is not real.

not god, not even so-called morality which is just a mental concept. Everything is a lie, which your parents, teachers, books and TV have been feeding you. Do not fall for this. Nothing is real. Understand that. Follow the negative path, where there is no sunshine, where everything is dark and gloomy. That alone is real, my friend. Everythng else is just a comforting illusion, conjured up by man to deceive himself. And god is one such illusion.

Guest guest

Mr Theist ,you are a narrow minded cheap creep.Has your bloody religion

taught you to ignore the INTENSE pain of other people.If this is the

kind of behaviour that "religious" people like you exhibit I would

rather befriend the devil. Do you know that I have been suffering

continuosly for the last 14 years .Im suffering from both physical

and psychological problems .

I can picture you as a person a rich spoil brat ,immune from suffering

laughing at other peoples miseries .Go read your perverted scriptures

and dont think you are all-knowing and that other people are all dumb

I have read the Gita and the Upanishads too. So please dont tell give

me a lecture.Nothing has any relevance in this sick and peverted times

we live in ie 21st century

Take your Vedas and throw it into the shitpot and go bury your stupid head into it .There is no happiness

either in this world or the next.....Happiness is just an illusion like

God which people keep chasing throughout their lifetime ,but never

manage to attain....

Your condescending attitude is sickening...