IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

q about Lord Narasimha and His devotee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In his pastime as Bhagavan Nrsimhadeva the Lord came to engage in a special affectionate relationship with Prahlad. Conseqently, even Lakshmi Devi was standing in the background, allowing Prahlad to get the special moment of association of Lord Nrsimhadeva.

-- Srila Sridhar Maharaj

Here are the nice texts:

The great saint Narada Muni continued: The demigods, headed by Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and other great demigods, dared not come forward before the Lord, who at that time was extremely angry.

The goddess of fortune, Laksmiji, was requested to go before the Lord by all the demigods present, who because of fear could not do so. But even she had never seen such a wonderful and extraordinary form of the Lord, and thus she could not approach Him.

Thereafter Lord Brahma requested Prahlada Maharaja, who was standing very near him: My dear son, Lord Nrishmadeva is extremely angry at your demoniac father. Please go forward and appease the Lord.

Narada Muni continued: O King, although the exalted devotee Prahlada Maharaja was only a little boy, he accepted Lord Brahma’s words. He gradually proceeded toward Lord Nrishmadeva and fell down to offer his respectful obeisances with folded hands. [sB 7.9.1-4]

That's actually my nick. I read something interesting about Lord Nrisimhadeva. I cannot remember the details, something like Varaha-Nrisumha incarnation, somewhere in India. Only once every year or so, this form is manifested. The rest is regular Nrisimhadeva. And about Varaha deva, there is so many of these incarnations. But I cannot remember, i have to pdf book. Maybe I paste later on.

Guest guest

it was Prahlad Maharaj who took two more births as Sri Vyasa Thirtha and Sri Raaghavendra Thirtha to preach Dvaita? Sri Raghavendra Thritha is still alive in Brindavan in Karnataka, in the EXACT same spot where he perfromed yajna in his earlier birth as Prahlad. Not related to the topic, but a beautiful connection just the same. Sri Raghavendra ki Jai!

Guest guest

Haribol,

Can anyone tell me about Nrsimha worship in Andhra. I heard that there was once a very strong group of devotees worshipping him in 15th century.