IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Is the only atonement to commit suicide at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna ?

Rate this topic

Caitanya Caritamrita Antya 2.166

PURPORT

<font color="red"> Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura remarks that after one adopts the renounced order and accepts the dress of either a sannyasa or a babaji if he entertains the idea of sense gratification, especially in relationship with a woman, the only atonement is to commit suicide at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna . Only by such atonement can his sinful life be purified. If such a person is thus punished, it is possible for him to attain the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Without such punishment, however, the shelter of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is very difficult to regain. </font color>

I'm sure I read somewhere that now thats not possible, the rules are strict of-cource, but in this Age, maybe little not so much, I mean, they would maybe be mass suicides if this was the case? How many fall-downs recently have their been?

In the case of Vishnujana Swami, who was great, he did so allegedly, but thats not for us all. In this age.

So moral of the story is don't take Sanyasa so easy, or don't take at all, anybody can preach even house-holders, whats need to take Sanyasa for show?