IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Islam religion of truth, love, tolerance, mercy and peace, and is not responsible?

Rate this topic

Khobar killings horrify Arabic press

The hostage-taking and killings in the Saudi city of Khobar at the weekend spark condemnation throughout the Arabic press.

There is widespread revulsion and incomprehension as to how Muslims could carry out such acts.

Saudi papers write that no-one in the country is now safe from possible attack.

--

Everyone has become a target for the terrorists... We repeat the question which should be answered. Where is the problem, and in what ways can we neutralize the forces of terrorism?... Is it possible for us to treat this ideology with another ideology, which can influence our understanding of the current confrontation?

Saudi Al-Riyadh

--

Every Saudi citizen and every foreign resident has become a target for these terrorist groups... Terrorism has revealed its ugly face more than once, thereby affirming to all that it is working towards causing damage and destruction in the country. It is now up to all of us to abandon laziness and relaxation, and join in combating this renegade group.

Saudi Al-Watan

--

Daily the terrorists add to the deepening hatred towards themselves... It is the only thing they succeed in doing. The threats being presented by terrorism cannot be underrated. We cannot leave the issue to get worse... It is important to understand that the responsibility [for combating terrorism] is not the work of the security men alone. For us to succeed in combating it, the participation of all the people is required.

Saudi Al-Jazirah

--

A war against terrorism has been declared in Saudi Arabia... Those skilled killers will not hesitate to commit any crime, however grisly. To them, human life is very cheap... They do not care who dies.

Saudi-owned, London-based Al-Sharq al-Awsat

--

It is not possible for any Muslim to accept these despicable acts carried out by a deviant group in Saudi brotherly society... How can one describe what happened in Khobar as a jihad or defence of a religion? Is the killing of innocent children a jihad in the name of God?... It is necessary to look into this ugly phenomenon more seriously.

Egypt's Al-Ahram

--

The terrorist attack which was carried out by the al-Qaeda network in the town of Khobar... was in all ways a criminal act and part of an horrendous scheme targeting this Arab nation... We totally denounce the terrorist attack and join our brothers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in confronting these wicked designs.

Jordan's Al-Dustur

--

Terrorism in all its forms and aims is against sound options, which seek to resolve problems affecting societies... The horrendous killing operation in the Saudi town of Khobar is an unacceptable act... The international community should carry out its responsibility and reject this dangerous phenomenon. Terrorist operations are now dangerously threatening the stability and security of the region, and we are called on to stand together against them.

Oman's Oman

--

All Muslims in east and west are united in rejecting terrorism, eliminating it and pursuing its perpetrators... The international community must be vigilant towards the dangers of this renegade group. It should work and co-operate in uprooting this vagabond, which is threatening the world's principles of peace and stability.

UAE's Al-Khalij

--

Islam is a religion of truth, love, tolerance, mercy and peace, and is not responsible for those who are carrying out the killings and destruction... This horrible and wicked act is an expression of the decadence of its perpetrators... An Arab and Islamic stand is required in order to confront this eroded minority group.

UAE's Al-Bayan

I am white and live in a largely Muslim community. It is the first community I have ever lived in. The kind of community where people talk to each other and know each others names. I've never had that before. The regular Muslim people are just people as people are people. They are as prone as anybody to being one way or the other on any particular matter.

White people over the last few years in my community have developed some very funny ideas about muslims as a response to the 9/11 an London bombings. A Muslim boy was stabbed to death in a neighbouring community to my own only a month ago, just before receiving his GCSE results from school. White people don't get attacked regularly but I know that from time to time people come to our community to cause trouble and try and invoke a negative reaction to the muslim population by constructing their outrage to such events in a political vacuum.

This is similar to what happens on a global scale. After the end of the cold war the American state needed an adversary in order to drive through its project for the New American Century. It was like Christmas a million times over for them when Al Quaeda bombed the twin towers. They have done everything they ever wanted to do since then in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon (via Israel), and they will do more unless we stop falling for this rubbish about there being something fundamentally aggressive about Muslim people.

Terror is only considered terror when it is defined by the ruling state to be so. I threw up when I saw the twin towers fall and I threw up again when I saw Bagdad being laid to waste with the most powerful weapons known to man. Both activities disgusted me as they targetted innocent civilians as pawns in rich mens games. Saddam Hussein is a rich man (was), Osama Bin Laden is a rich man, George Bush is a rich man. The most striking factor about all these people is that they still are in terms of being alive when so many innocents are not and have spoken in outrage against their actions of all side.

Disempowered people often get deluded by the arguments of the rich and powerful, arguments that say we can't live in harmony because of this or that group. Its utter rubbish. Jews, Christians and Muslims lived in Palestine peacefully before 1948. Hindus and Muslims didn't fight for centuries until the British goaded them into doing so. Terrorists should realise that their acts only terrify those people who have no power to change the world in their favour. If it did then the American state and the British state would have revised their foreign and domestic policies regarding the welfare of Muslim people around the world instead of pursuing policies which continue to anger the fundamentalists and thereby put their own citizens in further danger.

Civil liberties are being eroded left right and centre in Britain. If you want to get someone killed in Britain all you have to do is tell the anti-terror squad they're making bombs and they'll turn up at their house in the middle of the night and shoot you. There is no longer a concept of innocent until proven guilty. Blair has tampered with the law to the degree that if a facist regime took power tomorrow they would have no problem implementing any or every law they liked without needed to refer to traditional law.

These are the real issues, the actual effects of terror on the lives of ordinary people uncover the lie that the leaders of our countries are remotely interested in acting to protect our welfare. They are all fighting for the prize and it is ordinary people be they Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus or atheist that reap the muck.

The hostage-taking and killings in the Saudi city of Khobar at the weekend spark condemnation throughout the Arabic press.

There is widespread revulsion and incomprehension as to how Muslims could carry out such acts.

they do it all the time in Iraq.

the history of Abrahamic religions is awash in blood spilled in the name of their sectarian beliefs. the root causes can be found in their religious books that justify such violence.