IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

"Thou shalt not kill"

Rate this topic

I was watching my tulsi plant and realized that plants do not have to kill for sustenance. I said "Devi, just look at you! You eat only sunlight from SuryaNarayan and you drink theertham from the Lord's feet. At night your leaves fold towards each other as if giving namaskar to the moon." How sweet she is.

Don't worry about the bugs

There are ants on my tulsi devi sometimes, but they don't bite. Tulsi has natural chemicals that make her taste bad to bugs and other insects.

I wonder if they're trying to eat the haldi/kumkum perhaps.

~Vanamali

Tulsidevi always in ecstasy- if you look, you can see her bodyhairs standing on end (fuzzy stems) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All our major Earth religions have deviated from Thou Shalt Not Kill:

Buddhists, Christians, Jews, Muslims... even Hindus.

Kaliyuga can crush anyone bereft of sAdhu-sanga.

Guest guest

<kaliyuga can crush anyone bereft sadhu-sanga>

------even with sadhu-sanga-----

It is presently taking place as we speak at a place called Saranagati Village holdings Inc.in Canada, a pseudo replicate of a Varnasram Village....they kill the bears after they invite them for years irresponsibly by leaving garbage etc, then blame the bears for stealing pies from unattended trucks and raiding open houses....(anybody ever see yogi bear as a kid) its what bear persona do when they and their children are hungry.....

another issue is grazing by contract beef cattle on the dhams grasses before they and their baby veals go to slaughter. I have advocated for years to give up brutal practice...and having addressed situation to many senior disciple god-siblings of our Srila Prabhupada to no avail only some sentimental responses..nothing substatiated by sastras

only continued avoidance based I presume on lethargy,complacency,apathy...killing living beings is still killing living beings regardless ones religious inclinations....Hare Krsna Hare Rama

Guest guest

that is necessity... also regards what to take to offer just as the Lord Krsna tells us "with love and devotion offer Me a leaf, flower,water I will accept it.

Letting the demons graze cattle destined for slaughter on their land. OMG

I remeber some temple requested from Srila Prabhupada permission to kill mice that were in the temple. I believe the response was. " No YOU should be killed for having taken a vow of cleanliness and broken it."

I'll look for the reference.

To do such things is bad in any ordinary sense but to do it under the banner of Krsna consciousness...

Can't find the reference so take the quotation marks with a grain of salt if you wish. A well known quote perhaps someone else has it.