IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Sri Sri Laksmi is in Category of demi-god. ?

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna,

I have been seeing on this forum and others, how people are saying:

Sri Sri Laksmi is in Category of demi-god.

I am hoping for some response. As I am confused about this issue, or are others confusing themselves?

I hope I am not being offensive by asking this.

-Letter to: Madhusudana, Los Angeles, 24 January, 1969

Regarding your question about why we dress the Deities in very opulent fashion and not as simple cowherds boy and girl, this is an intelligent question and the answer is that according to the regulative principles we cannot worship Radha-Krishna now. Radha-Krishna worship is meant for persons who have already developed spontaneous love of God. In the training period we are only worshipping Laksmi-Narayana. We worship Radha-Krishna because Laksmi-Narayana is there also, but actually we do not worship Radha-Krishna with our present Deity ceremonies; we are worshipping Laksmi-Narayana. Narayana is there when Krishna is there, but actually we do not worship Radha-Krishna in Their Original Form. This is why we should worship Radha-Krishna in Their Laksmi-Narayana feature with all respect and reverence. If we deviate from this standard then we shall be prakrta sahajiya, or a person who takes things very cheap. We worship Laksmi-Narayana, and because Radha-Krishna includes Laksmi-Narayana, there is no necessity of installing a Laksmi-Narayana Deity. It is just like a king who is engaged in administering justice. Actually that business belongs to the justice department. But what is that justice department? It is all part of the kings energy, and the king also has the power to execute this function.

______

Lakshmi Mata is not a demigod for sure. Anyone who says that She is is mistaken.

Just as Sriman Narayana (Sri Maha Vishnu) is not a demigod, His consort Sri Maha Lakshmi/ Sri devi is not a demigoddess.

She is one and the same as Sriman Narayana and only appears to be separate. She is His Sri Sakti, and the source of all material and spiritual weatlth and He loves Her very very much. She has incarnated as Rukmini and Sita and appears with Lord Vishnu in every incarnation.

Posted Image

Namastestu mahamaaye sreepeethe surapoojithe

Shanka Chakra Gada haste Maha Lakshmi namostute!

I bow to that energy of the lord, Maha Lakshmi worshiped by the devas, who holds conch, discus and goad in hand.

vande padmakaraaM prasanna vadanaam.M saubhaagyadaaM bhaagyadaam.M hastaabhyaaM abhayapradaam.M maNigaNairnaanaavidhairbhuushhitaam.M bhaktaabhiishhTa phalapradaaM harihara brahmaadibhiH sevitaaM paarshve pa.nkajasha.nkhapadma nidhibhir- yuktaaM sadaa shaktibhiH

I salute the Goddess Lakshmi, who bears lotus flowers in hands, who is of smiling face, bestower of all fortunes, whose hands are ready to rescue anyone from fear, who is adorned by various ornaments with precious stones, who showers boons fulfilling the ambitions of Her devotees, who is worshipped by Hari, Hara (Shiva) and Brahma, who is the possesser of wealth ('nidhi') symbolized by Lotus and conch-shell ('sha.nkha-padma').

FYI Ashta Lakshmi shown above

Adi Lakshmi

Dhanya Lakshmi

Dhairya Lakshmi

Gaja Lakshmi

Santana Lakshmi

Vijaya Lakshmi

Dhana Lakshmi

Vidya Lakshmi

Here is a picture of Alamelumanga (Padmavati) Venkateshwara's consort.

Posted Image

Lakshmi Mata is not a demigod for sure. Anyone who says that She is is mistaken.

Just as Sriman Narayana (Sri Maha Vishnu) is not a demigod, His consort Sri Maha Lakshmi/ Sri devi is not a demigoddess.

She is one and the same as Sriman Narayana and only appears to be separate. She is His Sri Sakti, and the source of all material and spiritual weatlth and He loves Her very very much. She has incarnated as Rukmini and Sita and appears with Lord Vishnu in every incarnation.

That explains it then-:)