IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Is Prabhupada the WAY,the TRUTH ,the LIFE and no one goes to Krsna except thro him ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

... they will tell you that prabhupada is special, that he has said that his books will be the laws for the next 10.000 years, that he has said that he's in his books ... and so on

seems right. Why else would this bother somebody.

they will tell you that prabhupada is special, that he has said that his books will be the laws for the next 10.000 years, that he has said that he's in his books ... and so on

actually SP never said that his books will be the law books for the next 10,000 years. somebody else said that and his disciples used it for publicity purposes. but he certainly IS very special for many reasons.

Law books for 10,000 years. I don't see such statements as a problem. A disciples exhurberance can be understood. It becomes a problem when they try to use such statements to exclude others books from being read etc. or to claim no other guru can function during this time period. At that level it certainly is madness.

But one must wonder why when Prabhupada says he is in his books in his vani form people can't accept that. In fact many seem to be very disturbed by it. Why are they disturbed? What is that motivating force?

"Although according to material vision His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada passed away from this material world on the last day of December 1936, I still consider his Divine Grace to be always present with me by his vani, his words. There are two ways of association by vani and by vapuh. Vani means words and vapuh means physical presence. Physical presence is sometimes appreciable and sometimes not, but Vani continues to exist eternally. Therefore, one must take advantage of the Vani, not the physical presence"

(CC, Antya 5 Conclusion)

"Just like I am working, so my Guru Maharaja is there. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati. Physically he may not be, but in every action he is there. To serve master's word is more important than to serve physically"

(Room Conversation, Vrindavan 2/5/77)

Much thanks to LivingEntity for the wonderful quotes.

Yes indeed. Finally something we agree on. If Srila Prabhupada is your spiritual master or any future qualified acarya then you are also disciple of previous acaryas and ultimately Krishna Himself. What a beautiful thing to be part of.

"A disciples exhurberance can be understood. It becomes a problem when they try to use such statements to exclude others books from being read etc. or to claim no other guru can function during this time period. At that level it certainly is madness"

I call these folks "prabhupadavadis" /images/graemlins/wink.gif they take SP out of the proper context of our sampradaya and our Vedic tradition in general and create a non-Aryan fanatical personality cult. they think our tradition started and ended with Srila Prabhupada. it is as much nonsense as the old deviants who proclaimed SP to be God.

Guest guest

sorry because these principles are used apparently to praise prabhupada but the purpose to negate his instructions

I think people are disturbed by it because they think if you place your devotion in Srila Prabhupada somehow the discipic succession will come to an end. I really don't understand that. I am willing to offer respect to any guru or spiritual master that is legitimate but Srila Prabhupada will always hold a special place in my heart because if it were not for his tremendous sacrifice I would know nothing of Krishna. I guess that makes me some sort of fanatic or monopolist. I mean there has to be some sort of -ist or -ism or something that describes people like me.

AM I think it just makes you appreciative of the fact that Krsna is choosing to reveal Himself to you through your appreciation of Srila Prabhupada's person, works and teaching.

Yes let there be millions of first class guru's teaching and preaching all around us. Let them open hundreds of temples and take on many thousands of disciples. More power to them.

This is a personal philosphy. Not one of impersonal categories that we try to place our teachers into according to our imperfect sense perception. And based on that pledge allegiance to the 'highest' one.

Which person has taken the time and put in the effort to pull you out of the mud. It's to him that you owe your gratitude.