IndiaDivine.org

Let us all pray like this little devotee boy...

Rate this topic

krsna

Having been protected by the Lord, Prahlada Maharaja offered many prayers in a voice that faltered with love:

"My dear Lord Nrsimhadeva, please, therefore, allow Your angry feature to diminish, now that my evil father Hiranyakasipu has been killed . . . [The saintly persons] will always remember Your auspicious is fearsome incarnation, for it frees them from fear. In this way, my Lord, You appear in various incarnations as a human being, an animal, a great saint, a demigod, a fish or a tortoise, thus maintaining the entire creation in different planetary systems and killing the demoniac principles."

Unlike an ordinary living entity, my Lord, You do not discriminate between friends and enemies, the favorable and the unfavorable, because for You there is no conception of higher and lower. Nonetheless, You offer Your benedictions according to the level of one’s service, exactly as a desire tree delivers fruits according to one’s desires and makes no distinction between the lower and the higher.

(Prahlada Maharaja SB 7.9.27)

O my Lord Nrsimhadeva,

by engaging in Your transcendental loving service

in the association of devotees who are liberated souls,

I shall become completely uncontaminated

by the association of the three modes of material nature and be able to chant the glories of Your Lordship,

who are so dear to me.

I shall chant Your glories,

following exactly in the footsteps of Lord Brahma

and his disciplic succession.

In this way I shall undoubtedly be able to cross the ocean of nescience.

(Prahlada Maharaja 7.9.18)