IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

When God gets covered over...

Rate this topic

the title of your thread in regards to the picture.

When we are not in Krishna Consciousness we are controlled by the material nature thus contaminating our vision making us incapable of seeing the Lord. How easily we forget!

Just as a cloud appears to cover the sun, Maya clouds our vision. Just as the sun is always there and the radiance of it's rays will cause the clouds to disappear the radiance of Krsna melts away the clouds of the material nature so our eyes can behold His beauty and bask in the warmth of His causeless and limitless mercy.

These murtis of Lakshmi/Narayan reside at Ved Mandir in New Jersey

1 Ved Mandir Drive, Milltown NJ, 08850

I got the pics from their website. www.vedmandir.org

I will try to find you some pictures from our temple to show you. We have the most beautiful Radha/Krishna and Ram darbar I have ever seen.

I would say they are approximately four feet tall. They are on a pedestal, and are at about eye level from the ground (I am 5'2")

I have another picture with Sri Krishna in a purple dhoti and Radha in a red and green sari, and both of them have these large south-indian style silver mukuts: they are so beautiful! I can't find it at the moment, but I will look around.

Do you have any pictures of your home murtis? I would like to see.

At home we have a approx 3" tall brass Balakrishna, 1" Ganapati, and photos of Sri Venkateshwara Swamy with Lakshmi and Alamelumanga, Naryana, Lord Ram hugging Hanumanji, and a picture of our beloved Venugopala beneath the autumn moon. Just like this one...

Posted Image

Jai Sri Krishna!

~vanamali

I think darshan is a very very important part of spiritual life. For me, deity worship was the thing that really attracted me to worship Krishna. I learned about His wonderful qualities through discourses and reading, but then seeing Him in the temple was really wonderful. It was "love at first sight" if you will. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's so wonderful to have a God that's not "way out in some heaven somewhere" but right here, nearby, ready to be served, ready to be loved, ready to enjoy whatever you have to offer Him.

That's our beautiful Krishna!

I will try to get a nice picture for you to see. My camera is a cheapy and the conditions have to be just right.

I really enjoy seeing other devotees home altars. Perhaps a thread should be started to encourage the pictures.

Hare Krsna