IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Neither too materially attached nor too renounced for soft-hearted Bhakti

Rate this topic

All Glories to Bhakti devi.

May we forever take full shelter of Her and develop the fruits of Krishna-Prema:

yaH kenApy atibhAgyena

jAta-zraddho’sya sevane

nAtisakto na vairAgya-bhAg

asyAm adhikAry asau

One is eligible for devotional service if his faith has awakened through some great good fortune, and is neither too materially attached nor too renounced.

(BRS 1.2.14)

jJAna-vairAgyayor bhakti-pravezAyopayogitA

ISat prathamam eveti nAGgatvam ucitaM tayoH

yad ubhe citta-kAThinya-hetU prAyaH satAM mate

sukumAra-svabhAveyaM bhaktis tad-dhetur IritA

Knowledge and renunciation may have some small usefulness at the beginning when one enters the path of devotion, but [on their own] they are never considered an integral practice of devotion. The reason for this, in the opinion of the saints, is that both are causes for the heart's hardening. Bhakti is soft-hearted by nature and [the practices of] bhakti produce such softheartedness.

(BRS 1.2.248-9)

------------------------

So how we gonna crack them stony hearts,

caged up in steal frame?

What's gonna melt the incrusted black flith of bhava roga?

Sweet tender soft bhakti sprigs and shoots

nourished by the Hari-Katha nectar from the lotus lips of a niskinchana Krishna bhakta

yaH kenApy atibhAgyena

jAta-zraddho’sya sevane

asyAm adhikAry asau

One is eligible for devotional service if his faith has awakened through some great good fortune, and is neither too materially attached nor too renounced.

(BRS 1.2.14)

Knowledge and renunciation may have some small usefulness at the beginning when one enters the path of devotion, but [on their own] they are never considered an integral practice of devotion. The reason for this, in the opinion of the saints, is that both are causes for the heart's hardening. Bhakti is soft-hearted by nature and [the practices of] bhakti produce such softheartedness.

(BRS 1.2.248-9)

------------------------

You may have never met a real bhakta,

but that doesnt mean that they don't exist.

We cannot say , 'like me everyone else'. or

Atmavan manyate jagat

Pray to Krsna that

He may send you one

from His own abode

so that you may finally get a glimpse

of true soft-heartedness and pure devotion mood.

All Glories to Bhakti devi.

May we forever take full shelter of Her and develop the fruits of Krishna-Prema:

yaH kenApy atibhAgyena

jAta-zraddho’sya sevane

asyAm adhikAry asau

(BRS 1.2.14)

(BRS 1.2.248-9)

------------------------

So how we gonna crack them stony hearts,

caged up in steal frame?

What's gonna melt the incrusted black flith of bhava roga?

Sweet tender soft bhakti sprigs and shoots

nourished by the Hari-Katha nectar from the lotus lips of a niskinchana Krishna bhakta

This is one of your posts that I really feel is worthwhile to read and I got something from it. A lot of your bold letter posts do sometimes seem like spam like cbrahma was saying but this post truly is a good one in my opinion.

aawww ancient! - Krsna can express himself as he likes:):pray:

*his posts always prick the conscience within my lead heart - this heart would make a good anchor for a ship...sinking straight to the bottom - aah me hearty!:outta:

aawww ancient! - Krsna can express himself as he likes:):pray:

*his posts always prick the conscience within my lead heart - this heart would make a good anchor for a ship...sinking straight to the bottom - aah me hearty!:outta:

Don't have a problem with Krsna expressing himself as he likes just saying that sometimes I interpret the bold lettering as Krsna yelling or something and when people do that I sometimes interpret it as spam and just skip over it. So I was giving Krsna credit for a post that I liked and didn't feel like I was getting yelled at. :):P:outta:

*his posts always prick the conscience within my lead heart - this heart would make a good anchor for a ship...sinking straight to the bottom - aah me hearty!outta.gif

Don't have a problem with Krsna expressing himself as he likes just saying that sometimes I interpret the bold lettering as Krsna yelling or something and when people do that I sometimes interpret it as spam and just skip over it. So I was giving Krsna credit for a post that I liked and didn't feel like I was getting yelled at. smile.giftongue.gifoutta.gif

lol... I was expressing the same sentiment in a convoluted sentence - I am quite sensitive at getting yelled at too (((*_*)))

Big bold can be quite scary lol as a synesthete/emotive I see and feel waves of energy - god help me)))))))))))

jaya krsna:)

post-5757-138274055756_thumb.jpg

post-5757-138274055754_thumb.jpg

04_tempo_b.jpg

In some villages - many ayahuasca tribes - all the village people have the synesthete gene. Its bizarre. I will post more in the health thread on synesthesia I started soon. Facinating subject on the visual illusory nature of the mind....