IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Why is there sand in the sweet rice?

Rate this topic

Posted Image

Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.3.20

Los Angeles, June 16, 1972 excerpt:

How it is pleasurable? So all the rasas ... The Mayavada philosopher, they have eaten sweet rice with cranks (grains?), with sand grains. Therefore when you offer him next sweet rice, "Oh, I have got taste. Don't supply it." Or, "I wish to live without eating -- zero." This is Mayavada philosophy. Try to understand, impersonal, making everything zero, without any varieties. Nirvisesa-sunyavadi. Nirvisesa means without any varieties, and sunyavadi means zero, voidist. The two kinds of Mayavadis, generally headed by Sankara philosophy and Buddha philosophy. But our position is transcendental, above. Karmis ... Karmis, they are on the material field. They are trying to enjoy on the material platform. Jnanis, they are trying to make it varietyless, and the Buddhists, they are trying to make it zero. Our philosophy is substance. This is difference, substance, reality. Vastava-vastu, real reality, not the false thing. So these people, the voidists and impersonalists, because they have no information of the Supreme Lord and His activities ...

sweet%20rice.jpg

Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.3.20

Los Angeles, June 16, 1972 excerpt:

How it is pleasurable? So all the rasas ... The Mayavada philosopher, they have eaten sweet rice with cranks (grains?), with sand grains. Therefore when you offer him next sweet rice,

"Oh, I have got taste. Don't supply it." Or, "I wish to live without eating -- zero." This is Mayavada philosophy. Try to understand, impersonal, making everything zero, without any varieties. Nirvisesa-sunyavadi. Nirvisesa means without any varieties, and sunyavadi means zero, voidist.

The two kinds of Mayavadis, generally headed by Sankara philosophy and Buddha philosophy. But our position is transcendental, above.

Karmis ... Karmis, they are on the material field. They are trying to enjoy on the material platform.

Jnanis, they are trying to make it varietyless, and the Buddhists, they are trying to make it zero.

Our philosophy is substance. This is difference, substance, reality. Vastava-vastu, real reality, not the false thing.

So these people, the voidists and impersonalists, because they have no information of the Supreme Lord and His activities ...[/quote]