IndiaDivine.org

lord Vishnu has Four Arms....

Rate this topic

sudhaya

I am still looking, could you narrow down the search?

Did find this..

Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.9.11

Tokyo, April 27, 1972 (excerpt)

<font color="red"> Prabhupada: </font color> So...(someone calling in Japanese) It is Japanese language? Why? He wants to see. Hm. So eternal life, yad gatva na nivartante [bg. 15.6]. Eternal life, such nice, always youthful, such nicely dressed, and four hands. Now you are eating with two hands. You will get four hands. (laughter) So you can voraciously eat also if you like, with four hands. How much you can eat, two hands? So these are the facilities. Why don't you try for this? And Krsna assures, mad-yajino 'pi yanti mam.

--

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Guest guest

4 arms He has in order to carry His 4 primary symbols, namely Chakra (disc), Gada (club), Sankha (conch), and Padma (lotus). Very simple. When He wants to carry more and other things (like bow and arrow, kamandalu or whatever) He just expands the number of arms. Lord Visnu is not limited to 4 arms only. He can expand unlimitedly. Otherwise how can He be God of gods? Correct me if I'm wrong.