IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

lacking desire to chant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

lately I have almost no desire to chant any rounds at all. I have been lagging on giving my daily flower offering to my deity pictures on my home alter, and I feel horrible for it. The other day the doors stayed closed all day because I ust didn't think about it.0 So why don't I get my butt in gear and start chanting again and back to my offering routine?

Any devotees gone through this type of slump? How did you get oput of it?

Haribol

yah kaumara-harah sa eva hi varas ta eva caitra-ksapas

te conmilita-malati-surabhayah praud?hah kadambanilah

sa caivasmi tathapi tatra surata-vyapara-lila-vidhau

reva-rodhasi vetasi-taru-tale cetah samutkanthate

SYNONYMS

yah — that same person who; kaumara-harah — the thief of my heart during youth; sah — he; eva hi — certainly; varah — lover; tah — these; eva — certainly; caitra-ksapah — moonlit nights of the month of Caitra; te — those; ca — and; unmilita — fructified; malati — of malati flowers; surabhayah — fragrances; praudhah — full; kadamba — with the fragrance of the kadamba flower; anilah — the breezes; sa — that one; ca — also; eva — certainly; asmi — I am; tatha api — still; tatra — there; surata-vyapara — in intimate transactions; lila — of pastimes; vidhau — in the manner; reva — of the river named Reva; rodhasi — on the bank; vetasi — of the name Vetasi; taru-tale — underneath the tree; cetah — my mind; samutkanthate — is very eager to go.

TRANSLATION

"That very personality who stole away my heart during my youth is now again my master. These are the same moonlit nights of the month of Caitra. The same fragrance of malati flowers is there, and the same sweet breezes are blowing from the kadamba forest. In our intimate relationship, I am also the same lover, yet still my mind is not happy here. I am eager to go back to that place on the bank of the Reva under the Vetasi tree. That is my desire."

Why did the early devotees chant?

Enthusiasm

Why were they enthusiastic?

Prabhupada!!!

Listen to Srila Prabhupada, read His books, chant along with Him on the japa disk. Read and listen to Lord Krsna's Pastimes. Look at His image - He is so beautiful.

If there are other devotees in your area - invite them for japa walks or namahatta programs in your home or their homes.

Just keep on keeping on. That is the best thing I can say...I have been there also.

You could keep a diary, I normally just see if I can remember, but writing things down would help, see where your going wrong, back-track, could help who knows.

My opinion: (nearly spelt onion there lol)

To be truthfull, giving up is like to use a very crude analogy, being an Alcoholic, you HAVE to WANT to give-up.

So you HAVE to WANT to start again, don't be looking around for somebody to say some Magic Mystical words to you,

Your in the stage where you can find a Billion excuses to Not chant/offer food/flowers, but can't find any reasons {Maya} to start serving Krsna.

If you deside to wait it out, months/years could roll by, then you'll of-cource, become more materially engrossed and then find it very difficult to start again.

The above are from my own experience, the only reason I have Not stopped KC, is by Krsna Grace meaning His Devotees|

chanting 16 rounds now by standing on your head? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sudhaya says, "One thing that helps me, is doing something different, I don't mean making up my own rules, but like chanting while standing on your head?"

Guest guest

I don't think I want to stop chanting. I just feel like the day is gone so fast and between taking care of my kids, husband (who is not a devotee), and school work, by the time I take a breath it is 10 at night and I am exhausted and cannot even keep my eyes open.

I love Krishna and Prabhupada with all of my heart and hate that I cannot make it a proirity to do the one thing Prabhupada said to do- chant hare krishna.

Hare Krsna

SB:4.8.57 PURPORT (excerpt)

Devotional service comprises nine prescribed practices-hearing, chanting, remembering, worshiping, serving, offering everything to the Deity, etc. Here Dhruva Maharaja is advised not only to meditate on the form of the Lord, but to think of His transcendental pastimes in His different incarnations.

--

You can try thinking about the Lord, its difficult to do that without chanting loud, at work/ etc, what I did was: look in mirror and chant as softly as I can, and see if ppls could percieve me chanting, so the chanting is so silent, nobody can see or hear except you, and the mind even though the hearing is not loud will still pick it up.

Thats just temp, I listen to headphones as well, amazing how you can come-up w/ stuff when trying to help ppls heh.