IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

One of my family members is pestering me to go to a concert. Its Enrique Iglesias' concert. But I have no interest in it. Its a waste of time. They say that I dont know to enjoy life and I do not have priorities in life.

Who wants to be there in that crowded place and hear him sing some songs . Also have to be awake till around 1 or 2 am if I have to attend that concert.

no problem Prabhu !

i think it's important to stay with your family, it's no problem to go to bed at 2 am.

i think we devotee can be boring to our family sometimes, and it sucks because it doesn't inspire people.

i'm a initiated devotee, i'm married to a non-devotee, and often i feel the same way that you do...

PLay your mudane role, while in your heart you surrender, no problem, all this is not important in my view !

juliooooo !! i agree he sucks !! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

yes I agree with you prabhu ji,

but just make sure all the girls and their appearence don't disturb the mind /images/graemlins/wink.gif..shield urself with the Hare Krishna mantra...

by the way u from Malaysia guest ji?

Ask yourself some questions.

Which family member is going to take your place at death?

Which one will enter the confines of the next womb in your place?

How many families have you had in the past, just in the human species, and where are they now?

If your family members decide to reject Krishna and stay in this land of birth and death are you obligated to stay with them?

The truth is they are not your father mother brother sister cousin etc.

There is one family. Krishna the Father and all others are united as His parts. This is the true family, this is the true conception of brotherhood.

Become liberated and help your earthly family do the same. That would be a real expression of love towards them.

Remember this is not rejecting your family members, rather it is truly accepting them for who they really are. Be gentle and loving but you may also have to remain apart.

What is that verse from the Bhagavatam describing the renounciation of Yudhistira in relation to his earthly family?