IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why should we abandon the association of non devotees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why should we abandon the association of non devotees?

I hardly have any association with devotees. Everywhere I go, i.e either in office or at home. There are people who have no interset to know God.

Guest guest

is very influential on how you live your life. In the book perfrct questions, perfect answers Prabhupada said "Association is very influential. If you associate with drunkards, you become drunkards. If you associate with sadhus (4th class of vedic social order), then you become a sadhu."

I know when I am associating regularly with devotees, I am so much more inspired to chant and really focus my thoughts on Krishna. When I am not with devotees, they are eating meat, drinking, smoking, then this is not an optimal way to spend my time. Obviously, you cannot completly avoid this (work as you said) but you need some sort of association with devotees (internet, temple, home programs, whatever)

Where are you living? Is there a temple anywhere nearby?

A.

Why should we abandon the association of non devotees?

I hardly have any association with devotees. Everywhere I go, i.e either in office or at home. There are people who have no interset to know God.

--

No interest in God, that should tell you something, I hate when that happens, its like 'don't talk about God' I am bored face. Stinks.

Really Prabhuji destroys your enthusiam mixing with non-devotees they sap you like sponges, all your 'get up and go' gets gone.

So like if you have a hobbie like urm playing football you mix with like minded ppls, so try to mix with devotees, whether personal/internet etc, to keep your Enthusiam up.

Its makes perfect sense.

most of my community members are so materialistic & are non-devotees. they always advise (???) me to be materialistic & to be less spirtualistic ie., they tell me to do worship god for only 10 mins & not for hours. they also tell me not to study about philosophies & sampradayas deeply. i cant able to accept as it is not worthy to live without spending on spiritualism.

wats ur suggestion on this ? do i have to avoid my community people

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Jai Shri Krishna

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Shri Pujyaya Guru Raghavendraya

atyähäraù prayäsas ca

prajalpo niyamägraha

jana-saìgas ca laulyam ca

ñaòbhir bhaktir vinasyati

One’s devotional service is spoiled when he becomes too entangled in the following six activities: (1) eating more than necessary or collecting more funds than required; (2) overendeavoring for mundane things that are very difficult to obtain; (3) talking unnecessarily about mundane subject matters; (4) Practicing the scriptural rules and regulations only for the sake of following them and not for the sake of spiritual advancement, or rejecting the rules and regulations of the scriptures and working independently or whimsically; (5) associating with worldly-minded persons who are not interested in Krsna consciousness; and (6) being greedy for mundane achievements.