IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Lotus Feet of KRSNA

Rate this topic

SB:4.8.44

PURPORT (excerpt)

In this verse the entire yoga system is described in summary, and special stress is given to the breathing exercises for stopping the disturbing mind. The mind, by nature, is always oscillating, for it is very fickle, but the breathing exercise is meant to control it. This process of controlling the mind might have been very possible in those days millions of years ago when Dhruva MahArAja took to it, but at the present moment the mind has to be fixed directly on the lotus feet of the Lord by the chanting process. By chanting the Hare KRSNa mantra one immediately concentrates on the sound vibration and thinks of the lotus feet of the Lord, and very quickly one is elevated to the position of samAdhi, or trance. If one goes on chanting the holy names of the Lord, which are not different from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, naturally his mind becomes absorbed in thought of the Lord.

---

Lotus feet of KRSNA, what do they look like? I think I maybe asking an obvoius question, if so then Haribol!:)

eleven auspicious markings decorating the bottom of Krsna's right foot"

There is a barleycorn a the base of the big toe, a disc below the barleycorn and an umbrella below the disc. An upcurving line begins in the the middle the foot and ends between the big toe and first toe. At the base of the middle toe is a beautiful lotus flower. Below the lotus is an unfurled flag. Below the little toe is an elephant goad, and a thunderbolt below that. There is an octagon on the heel with four swastikas in the four cardinal directions. One blackberry fruit is situated between each of the four swastikas.

"I meditate upon the eight auspicious markings beautifying the bottom of Krsna's left foot."

A conchshell lies a the base of the big toe. Two concentric circles are found below His middle toe, and an unstrung bow sits below these circles. Below the bow is the hoof print of a cow. Below this is a triangle surrounded by four water pots. Below the triangle is a half-moon, and a fish rests on the heel. May our minds immerse themselves in remembering the nineteen auspicious marks beautifying the lotus feet of Sri Krsna.

"Simply by meditating on Krsna's lotus feet, one attains all spiritual and material wealth, fortune, beauty and good qualities. These feet are the abode of all pastimes. May Krsna's lotus feet be our everything."

(Govinda-lilamrta ch.16)

Posted Image

Guest guest

Posted Image

A summary of the 19 auspicious signs and symbols

I worship Lord Hari, whose lotus feet are worshiped by Sri Mahalaksmi and are endowed with nineteen auspicious marks:

a crescent moon, water pot, triangle, bow, sky symbol, cow hoof, fish and a conchshell beautifully decorate the left foot. An octagon, svastika, chakra, umbrella, barleycorn, elephant goad, flag, thunderbolt, jambu fruit, upward line and a lotus decorate the right foot.

Oh mind!Please remember the right lotus foot of the supreme lord Sri Krsna which is decorated with the following auspicious markings: a barleycorn at the base of the big toe, an upward line by his fore toe, a curved lotus in the middle of his foot, a flag, an elephant goad, a thunderbolt at the base of his little toe, four swastikas, four jambu fruits and an octagon in the middle.

Please remember the left lotus foot of youthful Sri Krsna which is decorated with the following auspicious markings:

below the middle toe is a sky symbol, below the big toe is a conchshell, below both of these is an unstrung bow and below the bow a cow hoof. Below the cow hoof is a triangle, around it are four water pots, below these is a crescent moon and on the heel is a fish.

Thus, with these nineteen imprints, i meditate on the lotus feet of the supreme lord Sri Krsna.

"Notice the markings of Lord Krsna and Radharani's Lotus Feet are both on Lord Caitanya's Lotus Feet."

Jaya Gauranga! Thankyou I did not know this, wonderful indeed. You left some service for me:

Posted Image

I remember the right lotus foot of Sri Nityananda Prabhu which is decorated with the following auspicious markings:

At the root of the big toe of is a beautifully decorated conch shell, which exhibits the presence of all branches of science and education. Below the conch, is a disc (chakra) which destroys the six faults; lust, anger, pride, greed, illusion and envy. on the heel is a jambufruit, above this is an unstrung bow, then there are four arrows and above this is a plough. Below the middle toe is an imprint of a barleycorn. Below the right toe is a beautiful lotus and under this a victory flag, the crusher of all obstacles. Further below is a thunderbolt which brings the miseries and sufferings of His devotees to an end and below this is an altar (vedi).

Please remember the left lotus foot of Sri Nityananda Prabhu which is decorated with the following auspicious markings:

At the root of the big toe is a vedi, or altar. Below that is an umbrella and undeneath this is a shakti dart. On the heel is a fish and above this are four pots. There is the sign of a cow hoof above the pots. Below the middle toe is a symbol depicting sky or space. Below the ring toe is a lotus and below that is a club. Below the little toe is an elephant goad ( ankusa ) and below that is a flower. Underneath the flower is a creeper (valli).

Thus, with these twenty four imprints, i meditate on the lotus feet of the most magnanimous Nityananda Prabhu.