IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Prabhupada disciples please come back!

Rate this topic

Srila Prabhupada: I very much want, Maharaja, that you come and stay at Mayapura. Because Prabhupada always desired that you preach. He told me quite a few times, "Why don't you pull him out?" [They both laugh.] You know, I also tried to some extent before, but somehow or other it did not work out. Now, why don't you come and stay at Mayapura?

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: At last Prabhupada told me: "You are an ease-lover. [Laughter] The qualifications - that you have."

Srila Prabhupada: Yes, that's true. He told me also, "He is such a qualified person. Sridhara Maharaja is one of the finest preachers." I want to take you everywhere. At least at the place we have in Mayapura, people are coming from all over the world. Why don't you come and stay there? What is your objection to staying in Mayapura? If you just agree, then whatever kind of building you want, I will arrange it for you. They are trying to build a house for me, so both of us will stay there. And whenever you want, you can come here [to his Navadwipa math].

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Yes, as long as I am alive to fulfill Prabhupada's desire.

Srila Prabhupada: This is my earnest desire. Since you could not go around the world and preach, at least stay there and people will come to you. I shall make that arrangement. And if you stay there, then it will be very helpful to me also. Sometimes I need to consult with someone but there is no one. There is no one with whom I can consult. I feel this deficiency very greatly.

Devotee: If he stays in Mayapura, then all kinds of people will get to hear from him.

Srila Prabhupada: Yes, that's right.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Yes, people from all kinds of cultural backgrounds will come there.

Srila Prabhupada: Yes, they are already coming. And in that house I will make arrangements for an elevator so that you won't have to go through the difficulty of walking up and down the stairs. You won't even have to move a step yourself. I'll make arrangements for a car and a lift. Jayapataka Maharaja is telling me that he will build a house for me. So both of us will stay in that house. Most of the time I am just traveling around, so if you are there, then they can get some guidance. So Maharaja, please-give me the order and I will make all the arrangements for you.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Well, I'll think it over and let you know.

Srila Prabhupada: Let me make that arrangement, Maharaja. That planetarium [the "Temple of Understanding"] also will be built under your direction. My idea is to combine the Indian culture and the American money-the lame man and the blind man policy. I tell them also that this will be very beneficial for the world. Indian culture and varnasrama. Prabhupada's desire was to establish the varnasrama-dharma. So we have to do that: we have to establish our Varnasrama College. Let the people from all over the world come and learn about varnasrama.

Guest guest

If you feel you must talk about this then take the time to look it up FIRST before attributing it to Srila Prabhupada.

I wouldn't have mentioned it first if I wasn't 99% sure. By the way, I only brought it up because someone else was criticizing the other gurus.

Here is the proof you wanted.

Hari-sauri: That's the thing. In the West, even though the opulence is there, the children can see the parents are not happy. The parents are always full of anxiety. So even though the parents want the children to stay at home, the children they resent that, because they can see that "You have nothing to offer. It's just a facade."

Pusta Krsna: They don't want to become like their parents. They don't see that their parents are a desirable example to follow.

Prabhupada: Yes. Wine and sex. They see from childhood. One boy, Rancor, so his father and mother divorced and he was young child. He was the first child of his mother. And the mother, he said, would daily bring a new friend. So he could understand.

Pusta Krsna: A new woman.

Prabhupada: Not new woman, his mother, he was under the care of mother.

Pusta Krsna: Oh, mother had new husbands, new boyfriends.

Prabhupada: Daily night. And he was shocked. One of my Gaudiya Matha Godbrothers, big, he became the head of this Bhag Bazaar Gaudiya Matha. So his wife was debauched, and she was bringing new paramour, and the child protested.

Pusta Krsna: New?

Prabhupada: Paramour. And the boy, he was ten years or twelve years old, he could understand: "Who is this man?" So he protested and said, "I shall tell all these things to my father." And he was killed.

Pusta Krsna: The boy was killed?

Prabhupada: By the mother.

Hari-sauri: She murdered him?

Prabhupada: Yes. Killed means given poison. And the father, that is, my Godbrother, seeing this, he also took poison. This is the end of Gaudiya Matha scandal. He was also one of the trustees. This Tirtha Maharaja was a trustee, and another Godbrother and this man. In the beginning, they were made trustees. In the beginning, Prabhupada was to undergo surgical operation. So he was a little nervous, that "I may die." So he made a scrap paper, that "In case I die, these three disciples will be trustees of the Gaudiya Matha Institute." That's all. So this Kunja Babu kept this. There are many long histories. So one of the so-called trustees was this Vasudeva. So he died, his end was like this.

Pusta Krsna: His son was killed, isn't it?

Prabhupada: His wife was a regular prostitute, and she killed her child, and on this shock, he took poison and died.

Pusta Krsna: He killed himself, oh.

Prabhupada: Naturally, he became shocked, that "This is my family life--the wife is prostitute and son is killed. What is the value of my life?" This was his spiritual realization. Just see. (laughs) And he was made the chief, and one of the supporter was Sridhara Maharaja.

Pusta Krsna: Vasudeva Sridhara?

Prabhupada: No, no. He was made chief. Guru Maharaja did not make him chief. But after his passing away, some of our Godbrothers voted him chief.

Pusta Krsna: Am I mis...? You had told me once, I'm not certain. Maybe I made a mistake. You said that Vasudeva, it was known fact that he was homosex?

Prabhupada: Yes.

Pusta Krsna: Vasudeva.

Prabhupada: He was homosex and sex, everything." Srila Prabupada, Morning Walk, June 18, 1976, Toronto

You know when we accept someone as the eprsentative of a parampara would should remember what that means. He is not a stand alone person like an island unto himself in time and space. Like someone said Prabhupada is not a sai ba ba ba-luie das or an ohno. Accepting Prabhupada means accepting the whole line. Narada Muni Sukadeva Gosami etc. Even the whole spiritual sky. He is not alone.

He may be the devotee krsna is telling you an I to listen to but Krsna may be telling someone else to hear from someone else. That is their business.

Guest guest

"I suspect that you have interest in taking instruction from some siksa guru, but in this connection, because you are my disciple and I think, a sincere soul, it is my duty to refer you to someone who is competent to act as siksa guru. This Bon Maharaja, perhaps you do not know, has been rejected by Guru Maharaja. So I cannot recommend him as siksa guru. I think that he has no actual spiritual asset. For spiritual advancement of life, we must go to one who is actually practising spiritual life; not to some head of a mundane institution, not to one who has offended his Spiritual Master in so many ways. I do not wish to go into all details here, but I must inform you that this Bon Maharaja may be considered as a black snake, and at the time of His Disappearance, my Guru Maharaja did not even wish to have him in His presence due to the character of this Bon Maharaja. So if you are actually serious to take instructions from a siksa guru, I can refer you to one who is most highly competent of all my god-brothers. This is B.R. Sridhara Maharaja, whom I consider to be even my siksa guru, so what to speak of the benefit that you can have from his association. He is living in Navadvipa, and if you like, I can give you letter of introduction as well as I will send him letter to allow you to stay there with him. So if you and Acyutananda are not lost to the poison of Bon Maharaja, and are still serious about advancement of your spiritual life, I will advise you to go to Sridhara Maharaja. Or else I do not know what will save you. So my advice to you both is that you immediately leave the unhealthy and envious association of Bon Maharaja and either proceed to Germany as I have instructed you, or at least[b/] go to someone who will be competent to act as sisksha guru. This is Sridhara Maharaja.

When I was in India, Acyutananda, Ramanuga, and myself, with others, lived with Sridhara Maharaja, so Acyutananda knows him very well. He spared a big house for us and if both of you go there now, it will be very good for your spiritual benefit. Then I will feel that you are safe. Besides that, if you wish to live in India, you can make arrangements for this house so that other of your god-brothers may go there in the future. Just on the other side of the Ganges there is Mayapur, and you can occasionally or every week go there and learn Bengali and Sanskrit if it is your desire. All facilities are there. Sridhara Maharaja is a very good English scholar and he can talk with you very nicely in English. The room in Vrindaban where you are residing may also be kept so that it may be utilized when necessary. But so far as I am concerned, I am becoming older and older, and my life may be finished at any moment. As I have got my permanent residence in America, it is indication of Krishna that I shall live here to organize this movement to the best possible extent. If I sometimes go out of this country, I will go to Europe only and again come back. So, practically I have decided not to go to India anymore. In case I suddenly meet my death, then I shall make my will how to deal with my body later on.

So don't be carried away by whims. It is my duty to save you. Leave Vrindaban, live peacefully with Sridhara Maharaja, if you do not wish to go to Germany, and thereby you will be spiritually enlightened. Please inform me immediately regarding what you have decided." ~ SP to Hrsikesa January 9, 1969,

Guest guest

But what is you qualification to know all those scriptural descriptions

It is every devotees qualification to know these.

and furthermore how will you be able to analyze anyone's inner life to know if what they show you external is how they are living internally?

I long ago agreed with that. If you read a few posts back where you asked if anyone not in iskcon can be a pure guru (or something like that is what you asked) you will see I said yes. Someone in iskcon can also achieve it. But they can't merely claim it, they have to show it in words and actions and lifestyle. No cheating behind closed doors either.

sure.

which time, place and circumstance statements do you find dangerous or applicable? I do not find myself doing that is why i ask.

Again, I didnt start the list. It was the other way around.

Guest guest

It is every devotees qualification to know these.

It is every devotees responsibillity to know these.

Dear guest, please remember that all guest's look alike. If you can't take the time to add an identifying name of some sort I won't even try to tell you apart.

Guest guest

Dear guest, please remember that all guest's look alike. If you can't take the time to add an identifying name of some sort I won't even try to tell you apart.

What, and receive hate mail? No thanks!

Guest guest

I didn't mean that in any personal way. Only that I have received hate mail in the past, and the few times I have signed some sort of name to my posts here, they were the ones deleted by the administrator, whereas those who signed no name were left up. Maybe just coincidence, but now dont want to take chances.

"Guest": sorry, didn't mean for it all to turn out bold.

But if you had the courage to stand behind your posts, you could have gone back to fix it. If you snipe anonymously, that sort of limits your options.

Guest guest

But if you had the courage to stand behind your posts, you could have gone back to fix it. If you snipe anonymously, that sort of limits your options.

Thats just a way to draw me out. Go back and read what I wrote about hate mail. Sorry but courage and stupidty are not one and the same.

Guest guest

Just delete it, for crying out loud. Any credible threats? That might be something to worry about.

Just ignore my posts, for crying out loud.

I'm not going to have my email box fill up.

"Guest": Thats just a way to draw me out.

No,it's not. In fact, since you're so fond of the shadows, I don't care that much who you are. I have consistently written against such anonymous sniping ever since I have participated on this board. I understand some occasionally have reasons for anonymity, when it's likely that their opportunity for service may be taken away by vindictive authority figures, or when their life or personal safety may actually be threatened. Other than that, I believe we should stand behind what we post with our names and our honor. (I have an ancestor who signed the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. I always choke up at the end of the Declaration: "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." I would like to think devotees have similar strength. I know I'm glad Srila Prabhupada does.)

Guest guest

for any guests that are not into registering a name;

a-you will not recieve email unless you give an email address to the people here, no one can access your email address that function is not available.

b-if you plan on having debates it makes it easy as you have seen due to many guests.

c-don't be so lazy.

d-you can give any name you like,no one will know who you are.

e-be there or be square

Guest guest

Prabhupada is the only one who cared enough to cross an ocean and undergo two heart attacks for us, and he instructed we stay away from the gaudiya math

so everyone has to stop to preach because he cannot do like prabhupada?

prabhupada has done his great service, now devotees from any camp have to continue... where's the problem?

(he first instructed to stay away from someone of gaudya math (the real problem were his disciples wanting to leave him, not other gurus) then at the end of his life he said to his godbrothers that we have to work conjointly, in this way we wil have holy name in every town and village... it is in lilamrita not in some secret document)

prabhupada now is performing his nitya lilas with radha and krsna... have we to stop doing anything to avoid usurping his role?