IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Prabhupada disciples please come back!

Rate this topic

I am sorry to hear all this.

May I ask how long you have been practicing Krishna Consciousness?

what is the line between neophyte and advanced devotee?

Please explain how do we know when we cross that line?

Guest guest

What always strikes me with wonder is the assumption that all Iskcon devotees are into the modern day miskcon or that they are automatically sectarian

the message you have quoted does not say it, read better

Guest guest

And you can quote a thousand verses a thousand different ways about the supersoul but that is the problem right there,

...no it is the greatest problem, because if you do not think that prabhupada is the manifestation of paramatma, you will think that gone away prabhupada it is not possible to have other uttama adhikari vaishnavas empowered by the same paramatma to be as pure an able to take care of disciples and bring them back to godhead

so it is very important to see that the prabhupada person is not a simple human even if with charisma and the skills to make a great organization, he's the transparent medium, manifestation of sri krsna bhagavan

Srila Prabhupada said not to listen to his godbrothers because they change things due to their misunderstandings and no offense but because they are NEOPHYTES!

..read lilamrita and the teachings of srila prabhupada as a whole and you will understand the meaning of the criticisms to some his godbrothers and that everything is ended by prabhupada itself just before his disappearance. So better to follow the last prabhupada's updated (by him) advices

That is why you are brainwashed into thinking that the supersoul is Srila Prabhupada when Prabhupada means the guru is present in the disciples heart to give instructions,

..in vaishnava terms you are speaking of... paramatma!

Only Iskcon has this understanding because only Iskcon has His Divine Grace Srila AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada as their very own guru.

..so understand and study better prabhupada if you want really join the movement... you have to follow, not to praise

Prabhupada is not in the Gaudiya Matha

..he does not comes from nothing like sai baba or osho, he belongs to a disciplic succession started by sri krsna bhagavan... the name of this dinasty is gaudya vaishnava sampradaya.. prabhupada is not like sai baba

The Matha transformed into Iskcon and the rest of you who are not in it lost out.

..this is against prabhupada's teachings

And I am the guest who started this thing.

..a new parampara?

put your care in chanting hare krishna, prabhupada want us to chant, not to quarrel with gaudya math or other religious organization

if you are feeling separation rasa for the devotees that you do not see anymore in iskcon organization, you can go yourself and associate with them.. where's the problem?

Guest guest

the message you have quoted does not say it, read better

Wasn't quoting - was making my own point.

Guest guest

veronica8888 wrote:

I am not a neophyte I am a very advanced devotee

Such a great lack of humility!

Have you ever read the Siksastakam, the simple instructions given to devotees by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, where Mahaprabhu is telling his devotees how to make progress in Krishna Consciousness? Mahaprabhu said, "Be humbler than a blade of grass, more tolerant than a tree, and in a mood of humble devotion constantly chant the Name of Sri Hari".

Veronica, you are not an advanced devotee, you are a baby on this devotional path. Give up attacking devotees, or your attempt to attain devotion will die young.

Guest guest

If you make a list of all the things that Gurus in the Gaudiya Matha have done wrong, and a list of all the things that Iskcon Gurus have done wrong, which list will be longer?

Guest guest

veronica8888...........

I find your posts very honest and genuine. I agree with almost all you say. You may need to be informed, however, the first sign of someone who is not an advanced devotee, is someone who claims they are. The fact that you did not know this, or have not taken that position, kinda lets the cat out of the bag to most everyone from any camp that you are a relatively new devotee. Take time to think about this before replying defensively - I'm on your side. The rest of what you said, I agree with. If you want to drive that point home, understanding it to be the more important point, it is important you understand we are all neophytes. The person who called you a neophyte (and probably why you responded as you did), just tell them yes, you are a neophyte, so what. Prabhupada is the only one we know for a fact is not, therefore that poster criticizing you also must be a neophyte.

You can be a neophyte and still have things to learn in some areas, still make mistakes about some philosophical understandings in some areas, while you remain correct in other areas, like the position of Srila Prabhuapda. Therefore dont let them get to you. Prabhupada is the only one who cared enough to cross an ocean and undergo two heart attacks for us, and he instructed we stay away from the gaudiya math. If devotees want to cross him and convince themselves they are not going against him, they have a problem. You are going in the right direction. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Guest guest

Veronica, you are not an advanced devotee, you are a baby on this devotional path. Give up attacking devotees, or your attempt to attain devotion will die young.

Don't try to frighten her. If she was on your side, you would be saying "You tell the truth like that Veronica! It will promote your spiriutal advancement!" Her devotion is not going to die, but its true she needs to study more as well as learn how to speak to other devotees more properly, with Vaisnava etiquette, before she gives instruction. She just has new devotee syndrome. Give her a break.

Guest guest

Is it possible that in the future another person, not in ISKCON, who knows Krsna and the science of bhakti-yoga can come to earth and teach?

Yes.

We will recognoze him not by the voting process, not because he is popular, but because he meets up to ALL scriptural qualifications as a pure deovtee guru.

For that matter, there are pure devotees in India right now. But we dont have access to them so I for one am not going to stray from Srila Prabhupada.

"For that matter, there are pure devotees in India right now. But we dont have access to them so I for one am not going to stray from Srila Prabhupada."

How could you stray from Prabhupada? because you have no access to Pure devotees in India?

I read somewhere Srila Prabhupada's Instructions should be our very life and breath. HariboL!

Guest guest

How could you stray from Prabhupada? because you have no access to Pure devotees in India?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you clarify?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you clarify?

You said there are pure devotees in India, etc, then said but I am sticking to Prabhupada, not sure what you meant, anyway..back to the thread we go/

Guest guest

{quote]You said there are pure devotees in India, etc, then said but I am sticking to Prabhupada, not sure what you meant, anyway..back to the thread we go/

Guest guest

Dear Govindaram,

Our anonymous friend is saying that if you see Narada Muni coming down from the sky to talk to you, you should tell him "Don't talk to me, I'm a Prabhupada man".

Guest guest

Yes Guest,

Only Prabhupada is Guru. If you see Narada Muni then tell him to go away because you only listen to Prabhupada and nobody else.

Guest guest

Hope you all are enjoying your offensive speculations. Guess it helps you protect your maya instead of looking at it.

Guest guest

Our anonymous friend is saying that if you see Narada Muni coming down from the sky to talk to you, you should tell him "Don't talk to me, I'm a Prabhupada man".

I never said that. You are putting words in my mouth.

Yes Guest,

Only Prabhupada is Guru. If you see Narada Muni then tell him to go away because you only listen to Prabhupada and nobody else.

Never said that either. You are also putting words in my mouth.

Some devotees jsut enjoy fighting and insulting. A sane conversation is not what they are looking for, but rather one of slinging insults. Even if you treat them and their point of view with respect, they do not return it.

Yes.

We will recognoze him not by the voting process, not because he is popular, but because he meets up to ALL scriptural qualifications as a pure deovtee guru.

For that matter, there are pure devotees in India right now. But we dont have access to them so I for one am not going to stray from Srila Prabhupada.

But what is you qualification to know all those scriptural descriptions and furthermore how will you be able to analyze anyone's inner life to know if what they show you external is how they are living internally?

You will know by Caitya-gurus grace. Don't think sastra is apart from Him.

Krsna can send His devotees anywhere and at anytime He likes. Or one of Prabhupada's disciples may awaken his own love for Krsna anytime, perhaps you. You would then be bone-fide guru GBC or ISKCON stamp or not.

Well Krsna God-brothers can all awaken their own dormant love for Krsna at any time. Yesterday's rascal maybe today's empowered devotee. In fact this is the preachers hope when he preachs.

We would be wise not to rely on a few time place and circumstance archived statements when making these judgments. It is very dangerous.

So would taking the time to make any list of some other camps mistakes.

Yes, I told that story, and if it never happened and that can be proven, I will accept. But I am almost sure I read this in the folio. Matter of fact, am pretty darn sure. I would have to look it up, as you would your proof, but even as I think about it, I also think I heard Prabhupada say it on a lecture too.

If you feel you must talk about this then take the time to look it up FIRST before attributing it to Srila Prabhupada.