IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Introspection

Rate this topic

From Srila Preabhupada's Light of the Bhagavat 7.

Human beings have two kinds of temperament. Some are introspective, and the others are extravagant. Those who are extravagant are enamored of the external features of phenomenal beauty and have no insight into the whole manifestation. They are practically asleep to introspection, and thus they are unable to derive any permanent value from the assets of the human form of body. But one who has developed introspection is as grave as the sea. While those who are extravagant are calm and quiet in sleep, such grave persons use the full advantage of the human form of life.

I'd like to believe that I'm introspective,deep and calm as the sea .

But I am really a lost soul /images/graemlins/frown.gif

at war with maya,fallen and greatly agitated.

I am wasting the human form in sense agitation like a visayi.

When can I chant the Holy Name purely,without offense,

and give up the criticizing,fault-finding mentality which digs me into a hellish world.

---------

Thank you for your extract.

Haribol

Today I started reading a small book comprised of excerpts from talks given by B.R. Sridhar Maharaja. This is a paragraph that stood out for me.

The soul can see himself; he can focus upon himself and through introspection he will realize his very nature.Through the process ofintrospection the soul will perceive all possible conceptions of himself directly and without the help of any other instrument. he will then understand his own soil. he will gain the conception of a higher type of soil. On that positive side he will discover, "I do not die."