IndiaDivine.org

Is it possible to have psychic abilities?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

everything can be traced back to God. If you have such abilities and you use them to serve the Lord in some way, then that's fine. But the danger is we may come to think of them as enjoyable apart from Krishna. In that case they become a great distraction. Apart from Krishna bhakti they have no value.

Guest guest

yes it is possible...all yogies acquire them at one point or another.

they are manifested when the presiding diety of that particular mood of sadhana is appeased or through meditation and control of the kundalini power.

they are like the diamonds strewn on the path to god....u pick or run after them u loose sight of your initial goal.

Guest guest

the biggest sidhdhiwielding yogi is the form of god u worship or your own guru...appease Him through ferevent devotion ...everything will be answered.

u must have faith...that is the be all and end all of every achievement and of course ...patience.

Well, I agree with the first FOUR replies especially, and I can't quote them all, so go back and read 'em. ha (Doesn't mean I disagree with the others.)

My opinion? I think most devotees get some type or other of psychic or mystic powers by default. In part cuz its just something that happens as one advances, but in part sometimes maya uses this to distract us from Krishna.

Personally, I have no real interest in psychic abilities. Its too high of a risk that we will get more into that then Krishna consciousness. Magic tricks, big deal. But the *source* of magic or magick or mysticism? Krishna, of course! Give me Him! Don't need to get sidtracked. I do that well enough on my own. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

...people dont answer you.

Vivekananda met many spiritual people who gave discourses at length.

His final question was " Have you seen god?"

Onle Ramakrishna was able to give a simple reply and helped him SEE god.

They are impersonalists.

Srila Prabhuapda saw Krishna regularly. And he pointed out that rather than try to get a vision of God, what have you done to draw God toward seeing you? That is, if we are not serving God, or not enough, yet we are demanding a vision, that is backwards. First we must serve the Lord nicely, with love and devotion, then we will become qualified and if we still are desirious of visions, we will have one. But in our contaminated state we should not be so demanding, or use it as evidence that there is something lacking in the Bhakti yoga process. First, chant Hare Krishna, serve Radha Krishna, Lord Chaitanya, give up material pleasures and dedicate our life to Krishna. THEN talk about visions.